KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 8.14.13 - It's All About The Kids!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013

      • On our Sale Page - It's All About The Kids!
      • New in the Shop
      • DVD of the Week - Summer Tote
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • List Your Events
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • This Week in History
      • Teacher Certification
      • Cannery Row
      • You Tube
      • Radio Interview With Kaye
      • Craftsy
      • Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes
      • Quilting Arts in Stitches Emag
      • Australian Cruise
      • Y-Seams Technique
      • VHS Copies of Kaye's Quilting Friends
      • Beachcomber Hat and Bag Pattern

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is getting her colors on.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Aunties Two Board on our Pinterest Site

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Feels like fall! There's a chill in the air, awesome sleeping weather and we're starting to see some colors in the woods. One of my favorite seasons!

      This week the sale page features KIDS!! That's right, kids quilts, kids mittens and hats, kids aprons, kids everything! Even a Playhouse! Even toys and puzzles (quilting of course!)

      Be sure to check it out on our Sale Page

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Curiosities and Mischief

      Regular Price $19.00

      Sale Price - $12.00

      Cherry On Top Pattern

      Lambie Jammies Quilt Pattern

      Fairyland Quilt Pattern

      Little Race Cars Pattern

      Pedaling Petals Pattern

      Let's Go Fly A Kite Pattern

      Turtle Turtle Pattern

      Kidz Mitts Kids Mittens Pattern

      Anchor's Away Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Sitting Pretty I-Cover, Stand and Reader Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Dogpatch Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Posie Patch Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Summer Tote Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Summer Tote Technique

      Whether you use it as a carry all for beach gear, or a wonderful "hold all" purse, you won't forget anything in this roomy tote. With 6 outside pockets and up to 4 lined inside pockets, there's a place for everything to keep everything in it's place. Any standard zipper will work and using Lazy Girl's trademark, "No Fear" technique for putting in zippers, the process will be a breeze. Need a sturdy base for your Summer Tote? Choose Bag-E-Bottoms Size D (sold separately).

      Size: 11" x 15"

      Technique DVD and pattern are on sale, HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are hotter than August in.... and due to popular request, we are putting these deals on our sale page. Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page! This past week we gave away some free templates!

      List Your Event....

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      August is National Foot Health Month!

      Aug 14, 2003 - Blackout hits Northeast United States

      Aug 15, 1969 - The Woodstock festival opens in Bethel, New York

      Aug 16, 1896 - Gold discovered in the Yukon

      Aug 17, 1969 - Woodstock Music Festival concludes

      Aug 18, 1991 - Soviet hard-liners launch coup against Gorbachev

      Aug 19, 1909 - First race is held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

      Aug 20, 1911 - First around-the-world telegram sent, 66 years before Voyager II launch

      Cannery Row Pattern

      on our Check It Out Page!

      Shown here is Kaye's Life in the Meadow/Pentagon Quilt Technique!

      See the video HERE

      Radio Interview With Kaye....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes....

      Read the whole article over at Quilts By Jen

      Explore the latest edition of Quilting Arts in Stitches!

      Do you need quilting and sewing project ideas? Want to learn amazing techniques by expert quilt artists? Can't wait to see quilt art from around the world in great detail? This interactive eMag will grant those wishes and so many more. It's chock-full of creative stitching inspiration and will inspire you to create beautiful, inspiring, and unique quilt art. You'll be able to view colorful slideshows of step-by-step processes, pan-and-zoom photographs to get an up-close look at the tiniest of detail, and pause and replay videos.

      In this issue, you'll learn:

      • All about shibori and indigo dyeing
      • How to create texture from digital prints
      • How to make woodcut prints on fabric
      • The process of creating knotted cords
      • Expressive stitching by hand or machine
      • And much more!

                Dive into this incredible new volume of Quilting Arts in Stitches! It's not just an eMag; it's an unforgettable experience.

                Go HERE to get your issue of this awesome Emag!

                New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

                Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
                2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
                January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

                Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
                If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
                And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

                7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

                For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
                602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

                Go HERE for more info....

                Y-Seams Techniques....

                Go HERE for this technique

                VHS Copies of Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilting The Kaye Wood Way.

                Note - First Come First Served, and please let us know, in the comments section of the shopping cart, which episode or project you're looking for.

                Regular price is $18.00 but this week they are only $3.00!

                Beachcomber Bag and Hat Pattern

                Flaunt this great drawstring bag and visor as you stroll along sunkissed shores this summer. The pockets surrounding the bag are perfect for carrying all your beachcombing treasures. Hat is one-size-fits-all.

                Show and Tell....

                I'm sending the photo of the completed blocks you requested in order to receive the teacher certification from the training in Novi. In the photo, the quilt top is rather dark, so I also am sending a photo of the Blazing Stars block in progress.

                This is the first quilting class that I've taken & I really enjoyed the experience as well as learned a lot. Thanks for the opportunity.

                Have a great week, everyone!

                Terrye and Kayla

                Terrye Kinch

                Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.