Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, Mar 30, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      Image newsletter for Wed. March 30th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***Wednesday March 30th., 2005***

      Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter holiday! Mine was wonderful fun, from the turkey right on down to the egg hunt! Nothing says Easter in Northern Michigan more, then watching kids trudge through 6 inches of snow to find a candy filled egg! But, they love it and that's all that counts! Watching them get all excited as they filled up their baskets, made it just about worth going out in the wee hours of the morning and trudging through the snow to hide all of those eggs! Oh well, life isn't easy when you're a dedicated Easter Bunny!

      Bi-weekly Special

      How many of you have old jeans and don't know what to do with them? Well guess what? I have your answer! Recycle, recycle, recycle. As in the Junk Jeans books and patterns! The books are filled with ideas on what to do with your junk jeans! They range from home decor to purses, kids stuff and Christmas projects in the Junk Jeans Recycled, to quilts, wall hangings, pillows and Christmas projects also, in Easy Quilts & Wall Hangings! If you like one specific pattern, choose from the many individual Junk Jeans patterns we have to offer. You won't believe what you can do with those jeans or as Luveta says, "This is the last chance for your pants", order today!

      This is the last week to get this great special. Buy any Junk Jeans item and you will also receive a FREE Junk Jeans Dress in Denim pattern!

      This free pattern will be added on in the office.

      Junk Jeans Books available.

      Junk Jean patterns available.

      This pattern FREE with the purchase of any above patterns or books.

      Monthly Special

      Serger Patchwork Projects book FREE with any order over $25.

      Our special this month features Kaye Wood's Serger Patchwork Projects book. This book comes with an array of patterns from place mats and table drapes, to baby quilts. As with all of Kaye's books, she includes tips and techniques of all kinds to make your quilting experience easier. Totally dedicated to Sergers, Kaye shows you just how easy it is to use that machine, especially when doing patchwork. With over 47 pages and 10 projects, Kaye includes teaching suggestions for every project and you can now receive it FREE, with any purchase of $25 or more before s/h. This is absolutely the last week this special will be available, so order now!

      2 of the projects from Serger Patchworks.

      Questions and Answers with Kaye

      Q: How do you press your pieces?

      K: Pressing is done in two different ways, an up and down motion to set the seams and moving the iron with the grain line to press allowances. You always need to press for accurate patchwork. Remember when you press your fabric, do NOT use steam. Steam can stretch and distort the fabric. Always press from the right side of the fabric as this will avoid pleats that form at the seamline.

      Q: What does "setting the seam" mean?

      K: This means pressing the seamline exactly as the seam was sewn. It sets the stitches in the middle of the fabric and makes a sharper seamline.

      Q: What is a starter scrap and why should I use one?

      K: This is a small scrap of fabric used to start and end a seam. When you use these, you save thread, eliminate thread tails on your project and keep the thread from jamming at the start of the seam. Also, it will keep the points of the diamonds from distorting as you begin sewing the points together. Without a starter scrap, the seam at the beginning and end of the strip tends to be narrower, so it also helps in accuracy.

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Hey Ohio! Heeere's Kaye!

      Kaye is on the road again as of this morning, heading to Ohio for the big event at Kramers Sew & Vac. Where ever Kaye is, a great time is sure to follow, so check it out if you're in the area!

      After that, also in Ohio, Kaye is looking forward to meeting everyone from the North Coast Needlers Guild in Westlake, Ohio! Get ready ladies, ready to have lots of fun when Kaye gets there! It's a guaranteed good time!

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/31/05 thru 4/2/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      Westlake, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      Paducah, Kentucky

      AQS Consumer Show***4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      What's New?

      Kaye's 1800 series is up and showing on PBS stations all across the US. Check your local station for times and availability.

      Attention Direct TV viewers!

      If you have Direct TV, you can catch Kaye's Quilting Friends every Saturday at 11:30 a.m. on channel 374! This week K1613 will be premiering. Join Kaye and her guest Carol Ingram as she shows you her tips in embroidery based on the book, Sulky Secrets to Successful Embroidery.

      For links to some useful information found on our web site, click here:

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at (800) 248-5293, Monday -- Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST.

      Mailing address:

      Kaye Wood, Inc.

      © 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.