KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 8.7.13 - Back To School, Y-Seams and Another 1.00 Pattern!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013

      • Back To School!
      • New in the Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • This Week in History
      • Stars and Stripes Tablerunner
      • Teacher Certification
      • Springtime Hearts On Sale
      • You Tube
      • Radio Interview With Kaye
      • Craftsy
      • Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes
      • Australian Cruise
      • Y-Seams Technique
      • 1.00 cent Pattern
      • Ladybug Landing Quilt Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is getting her colors on.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Whistlepig Creek Designs Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : More red leaves... the ferns are turning yellow and the bright yellow and purple wildflowers, traditionally signifying the end of summer are starting to be seen. It has been such a short, short summer, seems they are getting shorter every year. Getting lots of canning done, beans, potatoes, soon there will be tomatoes.... no wonder I'm tired!

      This week the sale page features a selection of back to school backpacks, book bags, jackets, coats, tote bags, and even some quilts and wallhangings! Enjoy!

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Dufflettes Duffle Bags Pattern

      Regular Price $12.00

      Sale Price - $6.50

      September Schoolhouse Holiday House Pattern

      August Beach House Holiday House Pattern

      September Schoolhouse Pattern

      Little Princess Jacket Pattern

      Zola Backpack Patterns

      August Beach Fun Quilt Patterns

      Chasing Rainbows Jacket Pattern

      Bottoms Up Backpack Pattern

      Quilter's Wallet Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Quilter's Go and Sew Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Sewing Machine and Extension Table Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Swaying Hearts Trio Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Springtime Hearts Quilt Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Springtime Hearts Technique

      Springtime is here all year round with this wonderful pattern, so put those florals to good use! Fussy cut your floral hearts and then frame them with the larger, solid colored hearts. Applique the hearts to a background block and there you have it! This pattern comes with full instructions that include two different tips for applique and complete binding directions for mitered corners. Uses Kaye's View & Do Heart Shape (sold separately).

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      Technique DVD and pattern are on sale, HERE

      The View and Do Heart Shape is on sale HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      Our daily Facebook Deals are hotter than August in.... and due to popular request, we are putting these deals on our sale page. Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page!

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      August is National Peach Month!
      Aug 07, 1947 - Wood raft makes 4,300-mile voyage
      Aug 08, 1974 - Nixon resigns
      Aug 09, 1974 - Unusual succession makes Ford president
      Aug 10, 1846 - Smithsonian Institution created
      Aug 11, 1934 - Federal prisoners land on Alcatraz
      Aug 12, 1990 - Skeleton of Tyrannosaurus rex discovered
      Aug 13, 1961 - Berlin is divided

      Stars and Stripes Tablerunner- on our Check It Out Page!

      Shown here is Seam Matching Technique!

      See the video HERE

      Radio Interview With Kaye....

      HERE

      Craftsy....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes....

      Read the whole article over at Quilts By Jen

      HERE

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Y-Seams Techniques....

      Go HERE for this technique

      1.00 Pattern....

      One Week Only...

      Kaye's Stardust Quilt Pattern

      featuring the Starmaker 6 Master Template!

      HERE

      Ladybug Landing Quilt Pattern

      Ladybugs and Flowers...it's almost as fun as taking a walk in the garden!

      This fun quilt is filled with cute ladybugs and dimensional flowers. With the center set on point, it goes together very quickly. This quilt measures approximately 39" x 39".

      Show and Tell....

      II took Kaye's class when she was in Ketchikan, Alaska this past fall. I have completed the top (and actually getting the quilting done) for the Jumping Jacks pattern. Also, I used piping around the circles for my quilt, I forgot to ask about hints or tips when using lace.

      Pat....

      List Your Event....

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.