KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 7.31.13 - Flying Geese Technique, .50 Cent Pattern and Let's Go To The Beach!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2013

      • Beachy Themed Patterns and Back To School
      • New in the Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • Strip Quilting Projects Mega Sale
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • This Week in History
      • Lazy Angle Ruler
      • Teacher Certification
      • Diamonds of Yellowstone On Sale
      • You Tube
      • Radio Interview With Kaye
      • Craftsy
      • Kaye's Favorite Gadgets
      • Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes
      • Australian Cruise
      • Flying Geese Technique
      • For all of you Techies
      • .50 cent Pattern
      • Sweet Peep Baby Quilt Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is getting her colors on.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Whistlepig Creek Designs Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : I saw a red leaf! Let me repeat that for those of you in apparent disbelief! I saw a red leaf. It was laying on the ground. It's not even August. (Ok, one more day, but can we get back to the main dilemma?) A red leaf. On the ground. That happens in the fall, when snow is imminent! Yikes!!

      This week the sale page features, not red leaves lying on the ground (in July), but beachy themed patterns! We've also included a smattering of Back-To-School items. Enjoy it while it lasts....

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Lighthouse Beach Button Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price $16.00

      Sale Price - $12.00

      Born To Fish Cross Stitch Chart

      August Beach House Holiday House Pattern

      August Ice Cream Pattern

      Santa Barbara Bag Pattern

      Bundle of 12 Beach Ball Patterns

      August Beach Fun Quilt Patterns

      Beach Ball Littles Quilt Pattern

      September Schoolhouse Holiday House Pattern

      My Monster Bag Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Lollipop Lola Sundress, Hat and Shorts Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Home Cooking Casserole Cover Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Natalie Bed Set Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Fanfare Log Cabin Quilt Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Fanfare Log Cabin Technique

      Do you appreciate the traditional quilt patterns but love an updated twist? Joan created this pattern with you in mind, using the Lazy Angle block to create a striking variation to this log cabin design. Easy to follow and read instructions, come with paper templates for your convenience, however acrylic templates are available for ease and accuracy. Uses the Lazy Angle Ruler (sold separately).

      Size: 59" x 59"

      Technique DVD and pattern are on sale, HERE

      The Lazy Angle Ruler is on sale HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      We have a lot of Facebook specials going on every day, and due to popular request, we are putting them on our sale page. Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page!

      Strip Quilting Projects Book 2-9 Mega Sale....

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 (minus Strip Quilting 6) as a set for $7.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's sell for 5.00 a piece. That is a savings of $33.00.

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      August is National Catfish Month!
      Jul 31, 1975 Jimmy Hoffa disappears
      Aug 01, 1961 Texans head for the thrills at Six Flags
      Aug 02, 1990 Iraq invades Kuwait
      Aug 03, 1958 Nautilus travels under North Pole
      Aug 04, 1944 Anne Frank captured
      Aug 05, 2002 Divers recover U.S.S. Monitor turret
      Aug 06, 1945 American bomber drops atomic bomb on Hiroshima

      Lazy Angle Ruler- on our SALE Page!

      Shown here is Diamonds of Yellowstone!

      See the video HERE

      Radio Interview With Kaye....

      HERE

      Craftsy....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Kaye's Favorite Gadgets....

      My favorite sewing and quilting gadgets have got to be the Starmakers and the View & Do Shapes.

      • Clover rotary cutters & mats. (the blades stay sharp longer than any other blade I have used). My favorite is the 60mm.
      • Clover magnetic pin cushion with cover (the pins magnetically line up along the length of the pin cushion, instead of going in all different directions).
      • Just about anything Clover makes.
      • Janome sewing machine & serger. My machine cuts the thread automatically. I don't have to lift the presser foot; just start sewing and it lowers automatically; my knee lift raises the presser foot temporarily when needed.
      • My favorite Janome attachment is the Circle Stitcher.
      • My favorite gadgets (non-sewing & quilting) are:
      • I Phone (love, love Siri; GPS)
      • The Cloud so all my computer stuff syncs.
      • I Pad (I had to get one because my Kindle died)
      • IRobot vacuum cleaner (it cleans while I sew or nap)
      • Anything with a remote - car starter (so the AC kicks on), garage door opener, ceiling fan, TV, VCR, electric fireplace.

      What are your favorite gadgets?

      Let us know HERE

      Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes....

      Read the whole article over at Quilts By Jen

      HERE

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Flying Geese Techniques....

      Go HERE for this original technique

      For all of you techies, you know who you are!

      Quilter's World!

      .50 Cent Pattern....

      One Week Only...

      Kaye's TwinStar Jacket Pattern

      HERE

      Sweet Peep Baby Quilt Pattern

      Mama owl cuddles her baby chick in her loving wings on this delightful quilt. Both the mother's and the baby's wings move to hug each other. This quilt is suitable for both quilting fabrics and cozy flannels.

      This pattern uses easy raw edge applique for the details.

      Show and Tell....

      I finally finished the cars wall hanging! Hope you like it. I used your Diamonds of Yellowstone Pattern and Embroidery Library classic cars designs.

      The cars in the smallest diamonds were some I'd collected over the years.

      He loves the wall hanging. (He's thanked me for making it half a dozen times in the last couple days.)

      Karol....

      List Your Event....

      Have a great week, everyone, it's almost blackberry season!.......

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.