KayeWood.com Weekly Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 7.24.13 - Binding Tips and a FR** Pattern!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013

      • Among Brenda's Quilts and Me and My Sister Designs
      • New in the Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • This Week in History
      • Teacher Certification
      • Starmaker 6 On Sale
      • You Tube
      • Craftsy
      • Kaye on "Easy Strip Piecing"
      • Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes
      • Australian Cruise
      • Quilt Bindings
      • For all of you Techies
      • FR** Pattern
      • Athena and Calista Skirt Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is getting her colors on.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Whistlepig Creek Designs Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : It's Cold! Lol, one day it's incinerating hot, the next day we're back into the high 50s. Yup! That's Northern Michigan.

      The tomato plants are all blossomed out, the peppers are coming along nicely and the corn is about 3 foot tall. With that week long heat (and humid) spell, everything just took off.

      This week the sale page features 2 of our newest designers; Me and My Sister Designs and Among Brenda's Quilts! Some new HURT items added too....

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Peek a Boo Bag Pattern

      Regular Price $9.99

      Sale Price - $6.99

      Messenger Girl Bag Pattern

      Everything Goes Bag Pattern

      Elipse Bag Pattern

      Dining Out Picnic and Potluck Service For 4 Carrier Pattern

      DayBreak Set of 2 Quilt Patterns

      (Advertised last week on our Facebook page for only $6.00!)

      HERE

      Vista Set of 2 Quilt Patterns

      Stop and Go Quilt Pattern

      Hopscotch Play Mat Pattern

      (Was $6.00 earlier this week on our Facebook page....)

      Savannah Breeze Dress and Fitted Top Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Me and My Baby Diaper Bag Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Bohemian Bag Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Bay Window on the Last Frontier Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Kaye's Morning Star Quilt Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Morning Star Technique

      An easy to do design that only looks difficult. Choose two colors, then find five fabrics in each color family ranging from light to dark. Strip sets are cut into topless triangles and the triangles are joined together. You can include a variety of small and large prints, stripes and solids. Uses the Starmaker 6 Master Template (sold separately).

      Size: 30" x 32"

      Technique DVD and pattern are on sale, HERE

      The Starmaker 6 is on sale HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      We have a lot of Facebook specials going on every day, and due to popular request, we are putting them on our sale page. Best to check the sale pages every day to make sure you're not missing out on anything, or better yet.... sign up for our Facebook page!

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      July is National Parks and Recreation Month!
      Jul 24, 1911 Machu Picchu discovered
      Jul 25, 1978 World's First Test Tube Baby Born
      Jul 26, 1775 U.S. postal system established
      Jul 27, 1974 House begins impeachment of Nixon
      Jul 28, 1868 14th Amendment adopted
      Jul 29, 1958 NASA created
      Jul 30, 1965 Johnson signs Medicare into law

      Starmaker 6 Master Template- on our SALE Page!

      Shown here is New York Beauty!

      See the video HERE

      Craftsy....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Tips from Kaye on Easy Strip Piecing....

      Strip piecing is easy. And it also means different things to different people.

      When I tell people that most of what I do is strip piecing, I get responses such as, "I made a strip pieced quilt once". But once you sew strips together (hence the term "strip piecing"), where do you go from there?

      My strips turn into stars, hexagons, wedges, kaleidoscopes, flying geese, depending on how the strips are cut.

      I cut mine with one of my 3 Starmaker Master Templates to get hundreds of designs, most of which are shown in my cutting technique book and video, "Starmaker Design Concepts".

      40 years after designing the Starmaker Master Templates, I am still coming up with new designs. So far, I have used them in numerous magazine articles, 26 books and over 50 patterns. And I am currently working on several more patterns.

      My suggestion to quilters - when reading quilting books and magazines which give you templates to cut, is to lay one of the Starmakers on top of the template. If the Starmaker lines up with the shape of the template, switch to strip piecing and cut the shapes with the Starmaker. So much faster than making your own template, drawing around it and then cutting it out.
      For more information, go to www.youtube.com/user/kayewood to watch my free videos to see how easy this type of quilt making can be.

      Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes....

      Read the whole article over at Quilts By Jen

      HERE

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Mitered Binding For Quilts....

      Sewing quilt bindings using Kaye's Mitered Binding Technique

      Go HERE for this original technique

      For all of you techies, you know who you are!

      Quilter's App!

      Free Pattern....

      One Week Only...

      Kaye's Stardust Quilt Pattern

      HERE

      Athena and Calista Bohemian Style Skirt Pattern

      The most flattering Bohemian style tiered skirt you will ever wear...
      The Athena skirt pattern has figure flattering strategically placed tiers that swing with your step, but don't add to your hips.
      The Calista skirt pattern is a fun flouncy short skirt that is feminine and fun to wear.
      Use up your 5" squares for this skirt, or just cut some up of your favorite fabrics. Both of these cute skirts are found in this pattern.

      Show and Tell....

      I finally finished my mother's Christmas gift for this year.

      Nancy....

      List Your Event....

      Have a great week, everyone, try to stay cool, or warm, or cool, or warm, or.......

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.