KayeWood.com Quilting and Sewing Newsletter Week of 7.17.13 - We've Gone To The Fishies!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013

      • Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
      • New in the Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • A Note About Our Facebook Sales
      • A Day With Kaye Wood
      • This Week in History
      • TwinStar Mega Sale
      • Starmaker 6 On Sale
      • You Tube
      • Craftsy
      • Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes
      • Australian Cruise
      • Cutting Hexagons
      • For all of you Techies
      • FR** Pattern
      • United We Stand Button Quilt Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is getting her colors on.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Whistlepig Creek Designs Board on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : It's HOT! Ok, so I'm a heat wimp but up here in Northern Michigan but we are not used to the heat like some of you southerners are. I would much rather deal with -50 than anything much above 80. You can always put more clothes on and more wood in the stove, but the neighbors get a little funny when you start taking clothes off!

      We did have a bit of a thundershower last night and it did cool off, until the rain quit. Seriously 90??? With 80% humidity?? And no A/C. Yes, I'm whining!

      This week the sale page has gone to the fish! Everything FISHY is on sale! Just for fun, check it out. Some new HURT items added too....

      Go HERE for all of our sale items, including clearance items.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Up a Lazy River Pattern

      Regular Price $8.00

      Sale Price - $6.00

      Don't forget to check out our Clearance Items and hurt items too. Lots of stuff on sale this week.

      Check it out....
      All on our SALE PAGE

      Whispers Pattern

      Blue Heron Pattern

      Fishing Squiggler Pattern

      Rainbow Fish Pattern

      July Sailboat Pattern

      Down by the Reef Pattern

      Yelloweye Rockfish Pattern

      Hunting and Fishing Technique DVD

      Alert, Alert.... Starting next week, prices on all of Kaye's $8.00 patterns and epatterns will be increased to $10.00! Get them at $8.00 now!

      Orchard Basket Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Lighthouse Beach Button Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Dining Out Picnic and Potluck Table Service for 4 Carrier Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Reflections Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Twirling Stars Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Twirling Stars Technique

      Stars twirl clockwise or counter-clockwise around this quilt for a dazzling effect! Easy and fun to make, this pattern features strip sets that are easily cut. Uses the Starmaker 6 tool (sold separately).

      Technique DVD and pattern are on sale, HERE

      The Starmaker 6 is on sale HERE

      A Note About Facebook....

      We have a lot of Facebook specials going on every day, so the sale prices won't show up in the shopping cart, nor will they show up in the order confirmation, but when you mention the ads in the comments section of the shopping cart we will only charge you the sale prices.

      A Day With Kaye Wood....

      American Sewing Guild

      First Lutheran Church, Prescott, AZ 86301

      9:30 AM - November 9, 2013

      For more info go HERE

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Teacher Certification....

      Click HERE for Kaye's schedule.

      This Week In History....

      July is National Family Reunion Month!
      Jul 17, 1955 Disneyland opens
      Jul 18, 1940 FDR nominated for unprecedented third term
      Jul 19, 1799 Rosetta Stone found
      Jul 20, 1969 Armstrong walks on moon
      Jul 21, 1861 The First Battle of Bull Run
      Jul 22, 2003 Jessica Lynch gets hero's welcome
      Jul 23, 1984 Miss America resigns

      Starmaker 6 Master Template- on our SALE Page!

      TwinStar Mega Sale!

      Regular Price is $42.00, but this week, $15.00!

      Kaye’s TwinStar Jacket Pattern is the star of this show, but wait, you also get

      • Vests To Dye For
      • Terrific Triangles
      • Serger Patchwork Projects
      • Sunny Skies
      • Patchwork Pyramids
      • Starring The Eagle
      • Savage Star
      • Sensational Seminole
      • PLUS the TwinStar Technique DVD!
      All in all there are 7 patterns, 2 books and 1 DVD in this collection. They are sure to sell out fast at this price, so hurry!

      Shown here is Emeralds and Amythesysts!

      See the video HERE

      Craftsy....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Review of Kaye's View & Do Shapes....

      Read the whole article over at Quilts By Jen

      HERE

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Go HERE for more info....

      Cutting Hexagons (Think Grandmother's Flower Garden) With Kaye's Starmaker 6....

      Grandmother's Flower Garden Hexagon Cutting Technique
      Two cuts and you have a perfect hexagon.

      Go HERE for this original technique

      For all of your techies, you know who you are!

      Free Pattern....

      One Week Only...

      Kaye's Watermelon/Candy Corn Pattern

      HERE

      United We Stand Button Quilt Pattern

      This quilt has the iconic eagle, fireworks and a barn; all symbols of our American heritage. It would be great for 4th of July or Veteran's Day. 9 1/4" x 11 3/4".

      Show and Tell....

      Here is the first quilt I made and just recently finished! I call it the YouTube quilt as I taught myself to make a quilt watching You Tube. The one good thing about you tube, it doesn't get annoyed if you have to repeat it over and over until you get it and it is free!
      I have always wanted to make a quilt. Now that I am home and forced into early retirement by a lay off I found time to develop a new hobby. I have learned not only to quilt but made new friends through a local quilt group and learned about myself through the process of making a quilt! What a wonderful hobby!

      Fran....

      List Your Event....

      Have a great week, everyone, have a piece of watermelon for us!

      Terrye and Kayla

      kayesquiltingnewsletter@yahoogroups.com; kayes_quilting_friends_newsletter@yahoogroups.com;kayewoods-quilting-friends@yahoogroups.com

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.