Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, Mar 22, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Online Newsletter 3-22-05

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Tuesday, March 22nd., 2005***Tuesday, March 22nd., 2005***Tuesday, March 22nd., 2005***Tuesday, March 22nd., 2005***Tuesday, March 22nd., 2005***

      Hey everyone, how is your week going? If it's anything like mine, it's somewhat focused on the upcoming Easter holiday! I'm a tad bit behind this year and the bad thing (or the good thing depending on how you look at it) is that I'm not really all that concerned about it! I used to be one of those people that would spend days to make my house immaculate. All my decorations had to be in just the right place, I had to make every ones favorite dish for the big family dinner, etc., etc. It took probably 2 years before my friends/co-workers, finally convinced me, it doesn't have to be that way. That people come to spend time with you, not to judge if you've cleaned your floor on your hands and knees! Since that has finally sunk in, my holidays are sooo much less stressful! I enjoy them much more and my family really likes this Joyce a lot better, then the one that freaked out because somebody messed the house I spent 6 days to clean! Thus, my decorations are still sitting in tubs, I haven't even looked for one cobweb and I'm alright with that! I'm pretty confident that Easter will take place whether my bunny statues are out or not and I'm almost positive my family will show regardless. So take it from me, relax more, stress less and enjoy your family while they are there. Happy Easter everyone!

      Bi-weekly Special

      How many of you have old jeans and don't know what to do with them? Well guess what? I have your answer! Recycle, recycle, recycle. As in the Junk Jeans books and patterns! The books are filled with ideas on what to do with your junk jeans! They range from home decor to purses, kids stuff and Christmas projects in the Junk Jeans Recycled, to quilts, wall hangings, pillows and Christmas projects also, in Easy Quilts & Wall Hangings! If you like one specific pattern, choose from the many individual Junk Jeans patterns we have to offer. You won't believe what you can do with those jeans or as Luveta says, "This is the last chance for your pants", order today!

      So, for the next two weeks, when you buy any Junk Jeans pattern or book, we will send you a FREE Junk Jeans Dress in Denim pattern! How fun is that?

      This free pattern will be added on in the office.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Junk Jeans Books Available

      Junk Jean patterns available.

      This pattern FREE with the purchase of any above patterns or books.

      Monthly Special

      Serger Patchwork Projects book FREE with any order over $25.

      Our special this month features Kaye Wood's Serger Patchwork Projects book. This book comes with an array of patterns from place mats and table drapes, to baby quilts. As with all of Kaye's books, she includes tips and techniques of all kinds to make your quilting experience easier. Totally dedicated to Sergers, Kaye shows you just how easy it is to use that machine, especially when doing patchwork. With over 47 pages and 10 projects, Kaye includes teaching suggestions for every project and you can now receive it FREE, with any purchase of $25 or more before s/h. The month is half over, so order now!

      2 of the projects from Serger Patchworks.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Questions and Answers with Kaye

      Q: Do you always have to have a border on your quilt?

      K: Not necessarily. Let the quilt tell you if it needs a border. If it looks finished without the border, call it good and your quilt top is done!

      Q: Is it better to have a light or dark border?

      K: It depends on the quilt. Two borders, one light and one dark, might add a lot of depth to your quilt. Borders can also be pieced so you could include several shades of dark and light. The border fabric doesn't have to repeat a fabric used in the quilt so don't restrict yourself and don't be afraid to try something new. Sometimes your border can be the most most important part of the quilt, the thing that pulls it all together. Only you can decide.

      Q: How wide should your borders be?

      K: As a rule, borders are usually no wider than about 1/3 of the individual blocks. You might adjust this wider if a certain print would look better when cut wider. You can also make it wider by using two or more narrow borders.

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Well, Kaye is finally back home and ready to take a couple days of well deserved rest! Don't worry, she won't get too used to it before she's off again to Cincinnati, OH! Be looking for her at Kramer's Sew & Vac at the end of the month!

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/31/05 thru 4/2/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      http://www.kramersews.com

      Westlake, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      Paducah, Kentucky

      AQS Consumer Show***4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      1-502-898-7903

      http://www.twebeads.com/shows.html

      Caribbean

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464

      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      Kaye's 1800 series is up and showing on PBS stations all across the US. Check your local station for times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      http://www.kayewood.com/download_catalog.html

      Attention BYU viewers!

      If you have Direct TV, you can catch Kaye's Quilting Friends every Saturday at 11:30 a.m. on channel 374! This week K1612 will be premiering. Join Kaye and her guest Pat Yamin from Come Quilt With Me, as they check out Pat's book, Back to Basics.

      Links

      For links to some useful information found on our web site, click here:

      www.kayewood.com/funlinks.html

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-free at (800) 248-5293, Monday -- Friday, 9-5 p.m., EST.

      Mailing address:

      Kaye Wood, Inc.

      © 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.