KayeWood.com Week of 4.24.13 - Petal Play FR** Templates plus a new FR** Pattern!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 8:04 AM

      • Free Petal Play Templates with Petal Play Patterns purchased
      • What's New in The Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • Notice
      • This Week in History
      • You Tube
      • Bow and Go Bag and Flip Flop Patterns
      • Arizona Quilters
      • Craftsy
      • Q and A With Kaye
      • Australian Cruise
      • Q andA With Kaye
      • New FR** Pattern - Looking Through The Windows
      • Creative Jacket Journey
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events
      • Wordscramble

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is waiting for the dandelions so she can make wine.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Petal Play Designs on our Pinterest Site

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Woke up to snow again. Yeah, I'm totally over it. I want to get my hands in the dirt. I want to walk barefoot through the mud after a rain and pick up worms for fishing. I want to sit out on my back deck in a tank top and shorts and soak up the long awaited sun. It's coming, I know, it will be here soon.

      This week's sale is a bit different. They're not on the sale page, but here goes.

      Almost all of Joan Shay of Petal Play's patterns use templates, so this week, whenever you order a Petal Play Pattern, you get the template(s) FR**!! Most take only one template, so that one is free, but the ones that use 2 or more templates? Yup, they're free too! Buy a pattern, get the template(s) FR**!

      Go HERE for all of Joan's patterns and templates.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Check out our SALE PAGE

      Goldfinch and Thistles Pattern

      Free template included

      Don't forget to check out our Clearance Items and hurt items too. Lots of stuff on sale this week.

      Check it out....
      All on our SALE PAGE

      Wow! Last week we sent two FR** patterns to Linda in Arizona. Congratulations, Linda, you got your order free this week.

      This week, we'll pick another one. Today, Thursday, April 25, 2013 one lucky customer will get their order free!

      All Joan Shay Patterns include the templates needed, FR**!!

      Loon and Water Lilies Pattern

      HERE

      Monarch Butterflies Pattern

      HERE

      Dragonflies Pattern

      HERE

      Wisteria Pattern

      HERE

      Tiger Lily Pattern

      HERE

      Pansy Pattern

      HERE

      Magnolia Pattern

      HERE

      Daisy Pattern

      Sunny Flannie Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Wildflowers and Windmills Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Periwinkles in Bloom Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Stop and Smell the Tulips Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Petal Play Cardinal Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVDs of the Week....

      Watch Kaye and Joan Shay of Petal Play demonstrate Joan's Appli-Bond technique, and then use it to create any of the items in our special Petal Play Sale!

      Get the DVD on sale for only $5.00 HERE

      Get the Patterns and FR** Templates HERE

      Straw Wreath With Pinecones Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      Notice....

      If you've sent in events to be posted or show and tell items and don't see them yet, we will get to them. We're working on rolling out a brand new site hopefully in the next few weeks and then we'll add all of your new stuff!

      This Week In History....

      April is.....National Parkinson's Awareness Month (dedicated to my Dad!)
      Apr 24, 1916 Easter Rebellion begins
      Apr 25, 1983 Andropov writes to U.S. student
      Apr 26, 1954 Polio vaccine trials begin
      Apr 27, 4977 B.C. Universe is created, according to Kepler
      Apr 28, 1945 Benito Mussolini executed
      Apr 29, 2004 World War II monument opens in Washington, D.C.
      Apr 30, 1945 Adolf Hitler commits suicide

      Shown here is the Flying Geese and More by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.

      See the video HERE

      Bow and Go Patterns - Brand New!

      Bag size - 14" wide x 10" tall x 8" deep The bag sports a very happy bow and four inside pockets. Add a pair of purchased handles and you are ready to go!

      Use leftover material from your Bow n Go Bag or make a fabric foot bed. Glue to a new or used pair of flip flops

      Get yours HERE!

      Attention Arizona Quilters....

      "Anybody in the Arizona area interested in learing how piece one of Kaye's patterns?

      I am having a quilt class this next Friday, April 26, 2013 here at my house.

      Drop me a message and I'll send you a link with all of the information!

      Sharon Voorhies slv1056@...

      Craftsy....

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 — February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Q and A From Kaye....

      Q: What kind of pen do you use to autograph a quilt?

      K: I always use a pigma pen, available in most arts and crafts stores.

      A pigma pen features waterproof, quick drying pigmented inks, that will not bleed through the thinnest of papers, or fabrics. Once the ink dries, it is smear proof, permanent and fade resistant even under sun light or UV light. Plus the tips do not dry out like most technical pens. When I went online and put "pigma pen", in the search engine, a number of places to purchase them came up. One retail store was Target, some quilt shops and a lot of arts and crafts places. You might want to consider ordering them online if you cannot find a local merchant that carries them.

      Q: Any suggestions on what to do with very old, hand sewn quilted blocks?

      K: Make sure you show them off! Either mount them in a frame or put them in between two layers of glass and display them on a stand.

      Q: How do you piece batting together to make a long strip? Do you zigzag it together flat or use a seam?

      K: I think you should overlap and then zig zag. You could butt them together but the zig zag stitch may not catch both edges. It is best to overlap.

      New Free Pattern....

      Looking Through The Windows

      HERE

      A scene (fabric or embroidery) is fussy-cut and viewed through an octagon shaped window.

      Creative Jacket Journey DVD In Our Clearance Pages

      Regular Price was $30.00, On Sale For $19.00

      • Design principles for creative sewing decisions
      • TWO techniques for flattering FIT
      • Logical sequence of design and stitching steps
      • When and where to stabilize edges
      • Embellishment ideas: how-to's, which to use, which to save for future projects
      • Edge, hem and neckline finishes
      • Bias properties utilized to full potential
      • What to do when you're "stuck"
      • Taking control. Letting and hearing the fabric "talk" to you!
      Features Londa's Talking Patterns
      Creative Jacket Journey - Two DVD's in case. 4 hrs, 46 mins of instruction in designing, fitting, constructing and embellishing 2 different jackets

      Show and Tell....

      I have been a "wannabe" quilter for about 35 years and finally completed my first quilt for my 82 year old Mom. I have done lots of hand quilting, mostly around panels, but had never cut, sewed, sandwiched and completed a quilt from scratch. I started this in January for Mother's Day, thinking I had plenty of time. We own a resort on Kentucky Lake and I just couldn't get all the piecing, applique and quilting done in time. I finished it in August and named it "Expression of Love". It is totally machine pieced and quilted. I used a couple of decorative stitches and my embroidery machine to do the label. I even used my budding free-hand quilting skills from a class I took in July. Mom loved her quilt and I am so glad to give it to her, knowing she will cherish it as much as I do her! I will be doing lots more quilting eventually. This is a picture of my Mom and me on the day I gave her the quilt. It is a 50" by 50" lap quilt for her blue and yellow lake room.

      ........Marilyn

      List Your Event....

      Answers To Last Week'sWordscramble....

      Most of you didn't get #2, but I sent you the pattern anyway, thanks everyone for playing!

      Week 3

      1) hwtpkraco - patchwork

      2) eebragah - bagheera

      3) iectnhtys - synthetic

      4) mtpeltea - template

      5) zeeerrdicm - mercerized

      6) doebsmse - embossed

      7) eonvw - woven

      8) nyroa -rayon

      9) ndrogic - cording

      10) lcaietrymsm - symmetrical

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.