KayeWood.com Quilting and Sewing. Back Porch Designs and Q and A with Kaye!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2013

      • Select Patterns, Books and Rulers On Sale This Week
      • What's New in The Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • Notice
      • This Week in History
      • You Tube
      • Shadow Song
      • TwinStar Mega Blowout
      • Craftsy
      • Q and A With Kaye
      • Australian Cruise
      • Kaye's Quilting Friends TShirts
      • Lazy Girl Interfacings
      • FR** Pattern
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events
      • Wordscramble

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is waiting for the dandelions so she can make wine.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Chickadee Hollow Designs on our Pinterest Site

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Our hearts are saddened by the recent events in Boson and now Texas. Terrible, terrible things. You just have to wonder what is wrong with some people. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of these tragedies.

      Selected Back Porch Designs Patterns, Books and Rulers are on sale this week.

      Lots of cool new stuff on our Check It Out Pages too!

      Check out our SALE PAGE

      Adalynn's Garden Pattern

      Super simple curved cutting with the 7" Crazy Curves template (sold separately) and quick curved sewing. It really is easy. Includes instructions to adjust this quilt to make it queen size

      Pattern Reg price $9.00

      This week $6.99

      Don't forget to check out our Clearance Items and hurt items too. Lots of stuff on sale this week.

      Check it out....
      All on our SALE PAGE

      Wow! Last week we sent a FR** pattern and Starmaker Template to Carol in Australia. Congratulations, Carol, you got your order free this week.

      This week, we'll pick another one. Today, Thursday, April 1, 2013 one lucky customer will get their order free!

      Addison's Star Pattern

      Regular Price is $9.00

      This week is $7.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Many Paths Pattern

      Regular Price is $14.00

      This week is $11.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Only Nine Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.00

      This week is $5.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Moon In The Window Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.00

      This week is $5.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Fan Dance Pattern

      Regular Price is $14.00

      Sale Price is $10.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      8" Rainbow Block Template

      Regular Price is $24.95

      Sale Price is $21.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Purple Dawn Pattern

      Regular Price is $14.00

      Sale Price is $11.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Crazy Curves 7" Template

      Regular Price is $17.95

      Sale Price is $15.99

      On Our Sale Page!

      Happy Harvest Book

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Remember Me Pansy Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Lollipop Bags Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Tankini Tablerunner Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Trees With Ease Technique DVD

      Regular price - $12.00

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      Kaye as she creates this gorgeous Pine Tree quilt. Trees With Ease, using Kaye's Starmaker 6 Master Template.

      Combine all your favorite similar color fabrics from your scraps or fat quarters to create this stunning quilt! Separate your dark, medium and lights for greater effect. The darker fabrics become the upright trees, the lighter fabric becomes the background or upside down trees. Easy to sew with no seams to match. Uses the Starmaker 6 tool (sold separately).

      Sizes: Placemats, Wallhanging, Small and Large Quilts

      Get the DVD on sale for only $5.00 HERE

      Get the Trees With Ease Pattern on sale for less than 1/2 price HERE

      Get the Starmaker 6 Master Template for 1/2 price HERE

      If you've sent in events to be posted or show and tell items and don't see them yet, we will get to them. We're working on rolling out a brand new site hopefully in the next few weeks and then we'll add all of your new stuff!

      This Week In History....

      April is.....National Parkinson's Awareness Month (dedicated to my Dad!)
      Apr 17, 1970 Apollo 13 returns to Earth
      Apr 18, 1906 The Great San Francisco Earthquake
      Apr 19, 1897 First Boston Marathon held
      Apr 20, 1980 Castro announces Mariel Boatlift
      Apr 21, 753 B.C. Rome founded
      Apr 22, 1970 The first Earth Day
      Apr 23, 1564 William Shakespeare born

      Shown here is the Flying Geese and More by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.

      See the video HERE

      Shadow Song Quilt Pattern - Brand New!

      These super simple blocks have "floating points" so they will turn out great every time. Perfect for florals, batiks, civil war, 30's and more. lap, twin, full/queen, king.

      Get yours HERE!

      TwinStar Mega Blowout Sale!

      Kaye’s TwinStar Jacket Pattern is the star of this show, but wait, you also get

      • Vests To Dye For
      • Terrific Triangles
      • Serger Patchwork Projects
      • Sunny Skies
      • Patchwork Pyramids
      • Starring The Eagle
      • Savage Star
      • Sensational Seminole.
      • TwinStar Technique DVD
      All in all there are 7 patterns and 2 books in this collection, PLUS the TwinStar Technique DVD. They are sure to sell out fast at this price, so hurry!

      Regular Clearance Price is $30.00 Final Clearance Price is $15.00

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Q: I know what a walking foot for my sewing machine is, however I have never heard of a rolling foot. What is it and is it used for anything besides sewing in the ditch?

      A: A rolling foot is an alternative to an Ultraglide Foot. People use it for more control and less friction when sewing on imitation leather, vinyl, elastic, and velvet.

      Q: I had to move and all my material is packed away in boxes. Some of them I put in storage, in HOT Texas weather. I didn't get climate controlled storage. So my question is, will it hurt the material to stay packed away in boxes, whether in the heat or not, for a long period of time?

      A: As long as the fabric is dry, it shouldn't cause a problem. Don't store it in plastic, as it can't breathe. Pillowcases are good, as are sheets, or even boxes. It will be like Christmas for you when you finally get it all unpacked!

      New Quilting Cruise To Australia!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
      January 17, 2014 — February 4, 2014

      Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
      If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
      And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.

      7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea

      For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
      602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@...

      Sew Lazy Interfacings....

      New and Extremely Popular!

      Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Fame has designed her own line of interfacing for those of us who quilt and sew.

      This stuff totally ROCKS!

      7 different interfacings/stabilizers for everything you need to do.

      • Iron On Vinyl
      • Face It Soft
      • Face It Firm
      • Stiff Stuff Lite
      • Iron On Vinyl
      • Stiff Stuff Firm
      • Fusi-Bond Lite
      • Dreamy Sew In High Loft Fleece
      • Check them all out HERE

      Check out Joan's Free Pattern featuring Fusible Applique On Vinyl

      using the Iron On Vinyl on our blog

      Show and Tell....

      This was my first quilt I ever made. My daughter loves cats. I wanted to make this for her when she was a little girl. I was afraid to try quilting. I made it and she is now 30 years old. What took me so long? lol.

      List Your Event....

      Another Wordscramble....

      1st 10 people to send me the correct answers will win an epattern.

      Week 3

      1) hwtpkraco

      2) eebragah

      3) iectnhtys

      4) mtpeltea

      5) zeeerrdicm

      6) doebsmse

      7) eonvw

      8) nyroa

      9) ndrogic

      10) lcaietrymsm

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.