Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 3.20.13 - Bunnies, Lambies, Lilies and More!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2013

      • On Sale Bunnies, Rabbits and Eggs and Lilies, Oh My!!
      • What's New in The Shop
      • DVD of the Week
      • What is a Stiletto
      • This Week in History
      • Strip Quilting Projects Books Mega Sale
      • YouTube
      • Charity Quilts
      • 3-D By The Sea
      • Fr** Pattern
      • Craftsy
      • Sew Lazy Interfacings
      • Creative Jacket Journey
      • Amish Quilt Trivia
      • Show and Tell
      • Quilting Events

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is waiting for that first dandelion.....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      Check out Chickadee Hollow Desgins on our Pinterest Site

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Today at the Cabin : Yeah, it's still snowing. I got out my seed catalogs yesterday, time to go through and get some ordered. I like the heirloom, organic varieties, but some of them just aren't really "northern" hardy. Our short growing season plays havoc with the tomatoes and peppers.

      Easter patterns are featured this week. Bunnies, Rabbits, Easter Eggs, Lilies and more! Wander on over to our sale pages

      Lots of cool new stuff Check It Out Pages too!

      Check out our SALE PAGE

      Easter Row By Row Quilt Pattern

      Pattern Reg price $14.95

      This week $11.00

      Don't forget to check out our Clearance Items too. Lots of stuff on sale this week.

      Check it out....
      All on our SALE PAGE

      Congratulations, De Ann from Utah - you got your order free last week!

      This week, we'll pick another one. Tomorrow, Thursday, March 21, 2013 one lucky reader will get their order free!

      Rainbow Magic Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.00

      This week is $6.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Garden Rabbit Tablerunner Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.50

      This week is $6.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      April Holiday House Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price is $12.00

      This week is $9.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Bunny Ears Tablerunner Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.50

      This week is $6.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Callie's Lily Wallhanging Pattern

      Regular Price is $12.00

      Sale Price is $9.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Easter Morning Row Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price is $14.95

      Sale Price is $11.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Bunny Luv Pattern

      Regular Price is $9.00

      Sale Price is $6.50

      On Our Sale Page!

      Peek a Boo Bunny Quilt Pattern

      Regular Price is $8.00

      Sale Price is $6.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      Xtenders Quilting Ruler and Template Enlarger

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Uninvited Guests Tablerunner and Placemat Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Lamby Jammies Quilt Pattern

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Bird Watching Button Quilt Pattern and Buttons

      In Our Check It Out Section

      Stained Glass Iris Technique DVD

      Regular price - $9.95

      This week - $5.00 in our Sale Pages!

      DVD of the Week....

      DVD featuring Kaye Wood and James Raymer demonstrating the Stained Glass Iris technique.

      Get the DVD HERE

      Get the Stained Glass Diamonds combo HERE

      Combo includes View & Do Diamond Shape, Stained Glass Diamonds Iris Pattern and discounted Technique DVD

      Q: What is a stiletto?

      I'm sure they aren't referring to high heels!

      K: A stiletto is a sharp, pointed instrument that is used to ease and hold seams as they pass under the presser foot to keep them in place. Some people use a seam ripper although I have heard of people using a wooden meat skewer with great results. CLOVER makes a stiletto/awl that works wonderful as a stiletto, and is great as an awl to punch holes in leather and fabrics.

      This Week In History....

      March is.... National Music in our Schools Month
      Mar 20, 1965 LBJ sends federal troops to Alabama
      Mar 21, 1871 Stanley begins search for Livingstone
      Mar 22, 1765 Stamp Act imposed on American colonies
      Mar 23, 1839 OK enters national vernacular
      Mar 24, 1989 Exxon Valdez runs aground
      Mar 25, 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Fire in New York City
      Mar 26, 1979 Israel-Egyptian peace agreement signed

      Strip Quilting Projects Books Mega Sale

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 (minus Strip Quilting 6) as a set for $7.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's sell for 5.00 a piece. That is a savings of $28.00.

      Shown here is the Summer Tote Pattern by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.

      See the video HERE

      Get the Summer Tote Pattern HERE

      3-D By The Sea - Brand New!

      This quilt pattern is an excellent showcase for a wonderful line of fabrics, North American Wildlife designed by Jodie Bergsma for Robert Kaufman. I love the three dimensional aspects of the borders. This pattern uses innovative piecing techniques and is suitable for intermediate quilters. The instructions are fully illustrated.

      Get yours HERE!

      Charity Quilts

      I belong to a newly formed quilt guild and we have taken on the project of making quilts for chemo patients at a local cancer center I am in the search for orphan blocks that we could turn into beautiful quilts for these chemo patients they see about 1000 patients a year and we took 40 quilts the first round in December and they are all gone and we are trying to get quilts to them about every other month but we need other peoples help with this the response that we have gotten from the nurses doctors and patients are just overwhelming any help would be appreciated. If you send me your email i will put you in a group to see the pictures as the quilts are finished and see what a difference this has made in someone’s life.

      Thanks Linda

      my email fromzstore@...

      FR** Pattern

      From Kaye's book, Strip Quilting Projects Book 8, Landscapes and Seascapes.

      The link to the Portholes Pattern is HERE

      Prefer to pay by Paypal? Well, now you can get any of our E-Patterns and E-Books in our Craftsy Shop and pay via Paypal!

      Sew Lazy Interfacings....

      New and Extremely Popular!

      Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Fame has designed her own line of interfacing for those of us who quilt and sew.

      This stuff totally ROCKS!

      7 different interfacings/stabilizers for everything you need to do.

      • Iron On Vinyl
      • Face It Soft
      • Face It Firm
      • Stiff Stuff Lite
      • Iron On Vinyl
      • Stiff Stuff Firm
      • Fusi-Bond Lite
      • Dreamy Sew In High Loft Fleece
      • Check them all out HERE

      Check out Joan's Free Pattern featuring Fusible Applique On Vinyl

      using the Iron On Vinyl on our blog

      Creative Jacket Journey DVD In Our Clearance Pages

      • Design principles for creative sewing decisions
      • TWO techniques for flattering FIT
      • Logical sequence of design and stitching steps
      • When and where to stabilize edges
      • Embellishment ideas: how-to's, which to use, which to save for future projects
      • Edge, hem and neckline finishes
      • Bias properties utilized to full potential
      • What to do when you’re stuck.
      • Taking control. . .letting and HEARING the fabric "TALK" to you!
      Features Londa's Talking Patterns
      Creative Jacket Journey - Two DVD's in case. 4 hrs, 46 mins of instruction in designing, fitting, constructing and embellishing 2 different jackets

      Amish Quilt Trivia....

      The Amish did not bring quilt-making to America. They learned it from their "English" neighbors.

      Quilts are the third-largest source of income for the Amish, after farming and woodworking. Most Amish women quilt during the winter months, when gardening and farming chores have subsided.

      Quilts are a traditional Amish wedding gift. Most women give each child at least one quilt to take to their new home.

      When a family moves to a new Amish settlement, they may have to sell their quilts or store them away if they do not conform to the unwritten rules of the new church district.

      Antique Amish quilts rarely if ever contain the depictive representations of everyday life commonly found in "traditional" American quilts. Clothing manufacturer, Esprit, founded by Amish quilt collector Doug Tompkins, was the only corporation to have it's own quilt curator.

      The age of a quilt can be determined by what dyes were used to color the fabric. Early Amish quilt-makers used dyes from weeds, berries, and bark.

      Show and Tell....

      I've been trying to make this "Quarter Quilt" (Brick Path) using one of Kaye Wood's patterns for quite a while now. I was sure that I could whip it up in a weekend and if I hadn't been interrupted a kazillion times, I might have done it. But, I put the last stitches in the binding tonight, and voila! a new Quarter Quilt for the spare room.

      It even matches the comforter quite nicely! Of course, the comforter will be coming off when the nice weather finally makes it's way to us.

      The last QQ I made was flowery and I used a rose-red fabric and seeing as the spare room is most often used by my son, I thought it needed something a little more manly.

      I loved how this pattern went together too, there's a 'twist' in the instructions, and I thought that was the most fun part but you'll have to order the pattern to find out what the twist is! The first pic is a close-up of the fabrics and the pattern; the 2nd is a pic of it on the bed.

      Check out Jannette's blog, here: http://quiltingwithjannette.blogspot.com/

      List Your Event....

      Have a great week, everyone,

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.