Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter. March 1, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Newsletter. March 1st., 2005

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Tuesday, March 1st., 2005***Tuesday, March 1st., 2005

      Hey everyone! Here we are March 1st. and Mother Nature is showing us who is boss, yet again! They expect us to get another 8-12 inches! One thing about it though, this time she's sharing the wealth! The whole of the eastern US is getting a chunk of this fine weather. Oh for the days of sunshine, green grass and beautiful flowers! I hear they're just around the corner, but Mother Nature can be verrry fickle! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

      Bi-weekly Special

      This is the last week to take advantage of our free Strip Quilting Projects 10 sale! When you purchase Kaye's Starmaker Master Template set we will send you free, a copy of her Strip Quilting Projects 10! This book is a $12 value and it can be yours FREE when you purchase the Starmaker Master Template set! http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      This is the perfect set for any quilter at any skill level. Comes complete with Kaye's Starmakers 5,6, and 8, which are made of clear acrylic, suitable for rotary cutting, the design concept book, which will show you all the different things you can do using your tools, and a concepts video with Kaye herself showing you how to do it! Using Kaye's Starmakers you can cut angles in over 140 different designs! Make any size piece and insure the accuracy of your angles using no math and no wasted fabric! Some of her techniques include; tumbling blocks, y-seams kaleidoscopes, flying geese and many, many more! This set can be yours for $60 plus s/h, which is a savings of 29% off the individual purchase price of these items. Plus, don't forget, you get the Strip Quilting Projects 10 FREE, when you purchase this set! Order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Yours free when you purchase SMMT!

      Some of the projects featured in Strip Quilting Projects 10.

      Monthly Special

      Serger Patchwork Projects book free with any order over $25.

      Our special this month features Kaye Wood's Serger Patchwork Projects book. This book comes with an array of patterns from placemats and table drapes to baby quilts. As with all of Kaye's books, she includes tips and techniques of all kinds to make your quilting experience easier. Totally dedicated to Sergers, Kaye shows you just how easy it is to use that machine, especially when doing patchwork. With over 47 pages and 10 projects, Kaye includes teaching suggestions for every project and you can now receive it FREE, this week only, with any purchase of $25 or more before s/h.

      2 of the projects from Serger Patchworks.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Free Tip

      Apparently, last week the instructions weren't easy to view for some reason. Terrye tweaked it and twisted it and tells me they should be just fine now, so check it out!

      Tube Cutting and Piecing 6 Point Stars.

      To access this page just click on the links below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/tubes-starmaker6.html

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/tubes-starmaker6.pdf

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Here she comes Washington! Kaye's coming to Puyallup this week and she can't wait to see everyone again! Make sure you stop by booth #478 to check things out and visit with Kaye, Kathleen and Brenda! See you there!

      Puyallup,WA

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo***3/3/05-3/6/05

      1-253-798-7180

      http://www.sewexpo.com

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/30/05 thru 4/05/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      http://www.sewing-vac.com/classes.htm

      Ridgeville, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      Paducah, Kentucky

      AQS Consumer Show***4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      1-502-898-7903

      http://www.twebeads.com/shows.html

      Caribbean

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464

      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      New pattern alert! New pattern alert! New pattern alert!

      It's here, Kaye's new pattern Heart's in Bloom is finally available! This is the third in the new series of patterns developed by Kaye Wood and we think you'll love it!

      One of Kaye's newest, fun and fast View & Do Patterns. This Hearts In Bloom pattern uses Kaye's View & Do Heart Shape. Sizes for Twin, Double, Queen and King. http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/k1800.html

      Kaye's 1800 series is up and showing on PBS stations all across the US. Check your local station for times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Go here to access any of the shows in the 1800 series!

      Useful Links

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event, or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      To check for local guilds or to list yours for free, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Our message board is alive and kicking! A great place to ask for help, find unique items or just make a new friend. Just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      If you prefer the ease of the old board, we've reactivated it here:

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Did you know BYU TV shows Kaye's Quilting Friends? Just click on the link below to find out when and where it's broadcast.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.