Feb 22, 2005, Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      Feb 22, 2005 Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter.

      Kaye Wood Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Tuesday, February 22nd.***Tuesday, February 22nd.

      Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great start to your week! Ours began with a bang, to the tune of about 10 to 12 inches of snow! Just when you think that winter is over---yeah right! But I'm trying not to complain. From the looks of the US weather map, there are a lot of people getting hit with stuff I'm sure they'd rather not have. It's just more incentive to stay in, check out Kaye's Quilting Friends and be inspired to start or finish some of your projects.

      Our pictures in this weeks letter feature one of my favorite things, babies! I know, I know, what do they have to do with quilting? Well, not much but when I see their cute little faces, it just makes me smile. The more I smile, the better my day is, so take a look, give a little grin and enjoy!

      Bi-weekly Special

      This week, when you purchase Kaye's Starmaker Master Template set we will send you free, a copy of her Strip Quilting Projects 10! This book is a $12 value and it can be yours FREE when you purchase the Starmaker Master Template set!

      This is the perfect set for any quilter at any skill level. Comes complete with Kaye's Starmakers 5,6, and 8, which are made of clear acrylic, suitable for rotary cutting, the design concept book, which will show you all the different things you can do using your tools, and a concepts video with Kaye herself showing you how to do it! Using Kaye's Starmakers you can cut angles in over 140 different designs! Make any size piece and insure the accuracy of your angles using no math and no wasted fabric! Some of her techniques include; tumbling blocks, y-seams kaleidoscopes, flying geese and many, many more! This set can be yours for $60 plus s/h, which is a savings of 29% off the individual purchase price of these items. Plus, don't forget, you get the Strip Quilting Projects 10 FREE, when you purchase this set! Order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Yours free when you purchase SMMT!

      Some of the projects featured in Strip Quilting Projects 10.

      Monthly Special

      This is the last week to get your FREE Strip Quilting Projects 5, so check it out!

      This month we're featuring another great book by Kaye Wood called, Strip Quilting Projects 5. This book is 43 pages with 12 different projects that are great for quilters at all levels. Techniques include: Crazy patchwork, using large prints, seminole, squaring up on-point designs, lace tripped squares, reversible tubes, safety pin basting and continuous bias binding, plus so much more. Projects include: Amish Square Wall hanging, lace trimmed couch quilt, reversible baby quilt, Lone Star Wall hanging and many others. As with all of Kaye's books, finishing techniques, supply lists and accuracy tips are included. As an added bonus there are 3-8 1/2 x 11 inch plastic quilting templates for the Lone Star and Amish Square. You get this wonderful book with the templates FREE when you have a purchase of $20 or more but this is the absolute last week, so order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Free Tip

      This week we're featuring a free tip from Kaye Wood called:

      Tube Cutting and Piecing 6 Point Stars.

      To access this page just click on the links below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/tubes-starmaker6.html

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/tubes-starmaker6.pdf

      What Do You Think?

      Lately, we've found an increase in the number of newsletters that are bounced back to us. These are refused by mail servers that think it is spam. Some of the reasons spam filters may pick up vary. It may be that headings are capitalized, or graphics are included in the letter or just certain words getting picked up. As more internet providers and readers install these spam filters, it's harder and harder for our newsletter to get through.

      So, we'd like your opinion. We can keep it as is and send it to your e-mail box or start publishing the newsletter online. We would have a link on our site and all you would do is click on it and it would take you to the newsletter page. This is not something that is going to happen today and it may not happen at all. We only want what's best for our readers, so let us know what you think. Click the link below to respond.

      terrye@...?subject=feedback

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Kaye just got back from California and she had a great time chatting it up and seeing old friends! Thanks to everyone who participated. Kaye's next stop is the great city of Puyallup! Yep, here she comes Washington! Make sure you stop by booth #478 to check things out and visit with Kaye, Kathleen and Brenda! See you there!

      Puyallup,WA

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo***3/3/05-3/6/05

      1-253-798-7180

      http://www.sewexpo.com

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/30/05 thru 4/05/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      http://www.sewing-vac.com/classes.htm

      Ridgeville, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      1-440-353-9736

      Paducah, Kentucky

      AQS Consumer Show***4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      1-502-898-7903

      http://www.twebeads.com/shows.html

      Caribbean

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464

      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      Kaye's 1800 series is up and showing on PBS stations all across the US. This week look for Kaye doing her Confetti Pinwheel Quilt and Star Pillow. Check your local station for times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Useful Links

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event, or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      To check for local guilds or to list yours for free, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Our message board is alive and kicking! A great place to ask for help, find unique items or just make a new friend. Just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      If you prefer the ease of the old board, we've reactivated it here:

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      Did you know BYU TV shows Kaye's Quilting Friends? Just click on the link below to find out when and where it's broadcast.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      To unsubscribe, click here.