Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 8.1.12 - Happy Apple Quilts!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012

      • On Sale -Happy Apple Quilts
      • VHS Blowout
      • What's New in The Shop
      • Tips and Humor from Kaye
      • DVD of the Week
      • Quilting Cruises
      • Free Pattern
      • Singer Sewing Machines
      • Quilting Events
      • August Is....
      • Kaye's on YouTube

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is loving her flowers....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We're pinning our little fingers off. Tell us what you'd like to see on our boards!

      Come On, Tell Me

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      If you're passionate about your hobby whether it be Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery, Knitting or Crocheting, come explore the endless possibilities at The Quilt Store and The Yarn Store. We have been providing wisdom & inspiration for over 30 years. Join us! Get weekly updates and info, and be the first to know what sales and special events are coming up. Sign up now!

      Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Kaye has lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Hi Quilters!

      Happy Apple Quilts is our featured designer this week. The gals over there come up with some way cute designs, and this week, they're all on sale!

      (just today there are still some leftovers from last week's sale..... just sayin'.....)

      All on our SALE PAGE

      What's On Sale....

      Happy Apple Quilts!

      All this and MORE on our Sale Page!

      Trailmix Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Paradise Picnic Table Runner Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Grandma's Joy Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Down by the Reef Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Memory Quilt Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Snow Belles Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Snow Happy Together Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      An Apple A Day Pattern

      On Our Sale Page!

      Do You Remember the Kaye's Quilting Friends TV Show? How About Quilter's Toolbox?

      We still have some VHS copies of these two shows. Right now we have them clearanced priced at $4.00 each so hurry! Some shows only have 1 VHS copy left, hurry and get yours!

      What's New....

      Tips and Humor From Kaye....

      On Drug Stores

      While teaching in The Hague in Holland, a friend of mine got sick, and we had to call the hotel doctor. He wrote a prescription, and another friend took a cab to the drug store.

      NO, NO, NO1 The drus store is where they sell drugs; prescriptions are filled at the pharmacy!

      A sign posted outside a drug store in Amsterdam: "5397 miles to Wall Drug Store, South Dakota."

      Wow! I bet they can't wait to see that drug store!

      DVD of the Week....

      Summer Tote Techniqe

      Regular price is $12.00, but this week, only $5.00!

      Quilting Cruises....

      We are going to have a wackiest cruise outfit contest for the cruise.

      Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise, February 16 - 23, 2013, Western Caribbean on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas.
      Wear your wackiest cruise outfit and you could win $250.

      Wacky Cruise Clothes Day will be held during the cruise only for our group. One person from our group will win $250 for the wackiest cruise clothes. Second place will win $100, third place will win $75. Get ready, register today for the cruise and start working on your wacky cruise outfit.

      Be one of the first 100 people to reserve a cabin on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise and receive an AccuQuilt Baby Go and Dye.
      For information on the cruise visit www.roundbobbin.com or call 800-473-9464.

      Join us on our next quilting cruise, Feb 16-23, 2013 in the Caribbean.

      Click HERE for more details!

      Free Pattern....

      Pinwheel Potholders

      If you cook, these are pot holders; if you don't cook, they are kitchen quilts.

      A pinwheel quilt block is made from four rectangle squares. make two different pot holders with plain backs, or use one of the potholders for the front and one for the back.

      The segments in each of the blocks are made the same, but the sewing steps are different.

      Click HERE

      Singer Sewing Machines....

      Mother made we 3 girls everything we wore in the 1930's, some cut out of donated garments and coats for the material left in them. She did it on a Singer table top machine which I still have, lid intact. Not sure it's a cast iron as I haven't looked at it in some years. I still recall the day she ran the needle through her finger while lovingly working on one of our dresses. All I know is it was used as if on a production line. It will eventually pass on to one of my daughters who is a quilter and a talented seamstress. Reading about the awful destruction of the old models described by one of your correspondents triggered my thoughts about mother's machine which I cherish along with all the memories. What a sad story about one of the world's most famous names in the home sewing industry....Shirley

      Have a short quilting or sewing related essay you'd like to share? Send them to us HERE

      List Your Event....

      August is....

      August 3 is . . . . . National Watermelon Day

      August 6 is . . . . . Wiggle Your Toes Day

      August 7 is . . . . . Sea Serpent Day

      August 12 is . . . . Middle Child's Day

      August 18 is . . . . Bad Poetry Day

      August 22 is . . . . Be An Angel Day

      August 25 is . . . . Kiss-And-Make-Up Day

      August 26 is . . . . National Cherry Popsicle Day

      August 29 is . . . . More Herbs, Less Salt Day

      August 30 is . . . . National Toasted Marshmallow Day

      August 31 is . . . . National Trail Mix Day

      Kaye's on YouTube....

      123 (ish) shows....

      Check them all out... HERE

      Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

      Show 'N Tell....

      My boys make baby quilts for their teachers. My 13 year old son made this quilt the teacher who listened to his math abilities. He called it "A Maze of Holes." It was the first time he used the Starmaker 6. It not only won 1st Place in the Jefferson County Fair in the Senior Youth division but also Grand Champion for 18 and under! Quite proud of him!

      Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging, tablerunner, or....

      send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

      Have a great week, everyone!

      Terrye and Kayla

      Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.