Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 7.11.12 - Lila Tueller's Fresh, Fun and Funky Designs!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2012

      • On Sale - Lila Tueller's Designs
      • VHS Blowout
      • What's New in The Shop
      • Tips and Humor from Kaye
      • DVD of the Week
      • Rail Fence Chart
      • Quilting Cruises
      • Fresh and Funky Dresden Plate
      • Quilting Events
      • Fun Facts For July
      • Kaye's on YouTube

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is loving her flowers....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We're pinning our little fingers off. Tell us what you'd like to see on our boards!

      Come On, Tell Me

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Kaye has lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Hi Quilters!

      Whew! What a week (and a half). While we're not completely moved over yet, our internet is back and our phones are hooked up in the new location.

        Read on....

        Oh, and before I forget, from now on until the end of time (we hope) anytime you buy a pattern, the accompanying DVD ($12.00 and under) is only $5.00!

        Rings and Things - Our DVD of the week. Only $5.00!

        What's On Sale....

        Our entire Lila Tueller Line of patterns. Purses, quilts, wearables..... and all shown in Lila's signature fresh, fun and funky style.

        All this and MORE on our Sale Page!

        Charisma Slipper Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Casual Clutches Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Posie Bag Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        A Day in the Park Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Bellanca Bag Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Cambridge Bag Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Long Tall Sally Quilt Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        Sweet Caroline Quilt Pattern

        On Our Sale Page!

        VHS Blowout....

        Miscellaneous copies of Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilter's Toolbox shows in VHS format.

          What's New....

          Tips and Humor From Kaye....

          Shopping in the Water in the Bahamas!

          There are water vendors who sell their wares from the water. Some of them carry their stuff; some drag a small boat filled with the stuff. They don't have licenses to sell on the land, so they walk up and down in the water near the shore, selling stuff to people like us.

          One of our cruisers had to see all of the wares but made a classic mistake. She said to him, "It's too bad you don't take Visa, because I don't carry money in the water. Do you take credit cards?" (Does she carry her credit card in the water??)

          The vendor said, "I take Visa." as he pulled the credit card machine out of his hat!

          DVD of the Week....

          Rings and Things from Carolyn Griffin of Far Flung Quilts

          This week, only $5.00!

          Rail Fence Chart....

          Quilting Cruises....

          We are going to have a wackiest cruise outfit contest for the cruise.

          Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise, February 16 - 23, 2013, Western Caribbean on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas.
          Wear your wackiest cruise outfit and you could win $250.

          Wacky Cruise Clothes Day will be held during the cruise only for our group. One person from our group will win $250 for the wackiest cruise clothes. Second place will win $100, third place will win $75. Get ready, register today for the cruise and start working on your wacky cruise outfit.

          Be one of the first 100 people to reserve a cabin on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise and receive an AccuQuilt Baby Go and Dye.
          For information on the cruise visit www.roundbobbin.com or call 800-473-9464.

          Join us on our next quilting cruise, Feb 16-23, 2013 in the Caribbean.

          Click HERE for more details!

          Fresh and Funky Dresden Plate....

          Your Dresden Plate patterns don't have to be boring. Look at the vibrant colors Kayla used in her version. While she doesn't have the quilt done yet, this is just a sample. (She's also used a bright green and bright blue in the same quilt!)

          From Kaye's Chrysanthemum Pattern HERE

          Watch Kaye demonstrate herDresden Plate/Chrysanthemum on YouTube!

          http://www.youtube.com/user/kayewood

          List Your Event....

          Fun Facts For July

          According to the Gregorian calendar, July is the seventh month. On the Roman calendar, it was the fifth month and it was called 'Quintilis', meaning 'fifth'. Julius Ceasar gave the month 31 days in 46 B.C. The Roman Senate named it 'Julius', in honor of Caesar.

          July is usually the hotest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. July is one of the winter months in the Southern Hemisphere. The climate is mild in most of the Southern Hemisphere, with the exception of the COLD Antarctica, and the cold, rainy part of South America.

          During July, when there isn't much rain, the grass often loses it's greenness. Some flowers are abundant in July, because they thrive on the heat. Also, insects (mosquitos!) are abundant as well - life is thriving in July!

          Kaye's on YouTube....

          Fussy Cutting With Kaye's View & Do Shapes

          Check them all out... HERE

          Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

          Show 'N Tell....

          I have just finished this quilt for my grand daughter Jessica. I am pleased with the end product & love watching you showing us how to do these beautiful designs. I have only recently started quilting so this was a HUGE step for me I used your fussy cut method....Milena

          The Court House Steps was finished a few weeks ago by learning from the books that I recently purchase from you. Thank you for giving me courage to try these beautiful designs of yours......Milena

          Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging, tablerunner, or....

          send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

          Have a great week, everyone!

          Terrye and Kayla

          Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.