Quilting The Kaye Wood Way - Week of July 4, 2012 - Happy Birthday America!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2012

      • Happy Birthday America, It's All About The Stars!
      • On Sale - Starmakers, Patterns, Epatterns and DVDs
      • Strip Quilting Book Mega Sale
      • What's New in The Shop
      • Tips and Humor from Kaye
      • Quilting Cruises
      • How To Cut Stars With Kaye's Starmakers
      • Quilting Events
      • Fun Facts For July
      • Kaye's on YouTube

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is loving her flowers....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We're pinning our little fingers off. Tell us what you'd like to see on our boards!

      Come On, Tell Me

      Questions? Email Us!

      Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Newsletter Free!Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Kaye has lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Hi Quilters!

      Stars! It's All About Stars, and what better the make stars (and dozens of other designs) than Kaye's Starmakers!

        Read on....

        Oh, and before I forget, from now on until the end of time (we hope) anytime you buy a pattern, the accompanying DVD ($12.00 and under) is only $5.00!

        So About This Move....

        From June 29th until July 10th we will be unavailable to answer the phones or email reliably, or ship out orders.

        The site will still be up and you can still take advantage of these incredible sales, but our internet service will be sketchy.

        What's On Sale....

        Starmakers, Patterns and DVDs.

        If you see a Starmaker Pattern that isn't on sale, just let us know and we'll give you the sale price!

        All this and MORE on our Sale Page!

        Blazing Stars Pattern or Epattern....$3.00

        Technique DVD...$5.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        Kaleidoscope Pattern or Epattern....$3.00

        Technique DVD...$5.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        Starmaker 6 Master Template

        On Our Sale Page!

        Stacking My Blocks Pattern, Epattern

        Technique DVD...$5.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        A-Maze-Ing Pattern and Epattern...$3.00

        Technique DVD...$5.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        Starmaker 5 Master Template

        On Our Sale Page!

        Windmill Pattern and Epattern...$3.00

        Technique DVD...$5.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        Pineapple Play Pattern and Epattern....$3.00

        On Our Sale Page!

        Strip Quilting Book Mega Sale....

        • Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 as a set for $8.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's sell for 5.00 a piece. That is a savings of $32.00

        PLEASE NOTE.... Shipping on this product will be $6.00!

        What's New....

        Tips and Humor From Kaye....

        From one of Kaye's Quilting Cruises to the San Blas Islands

        The Chief....

        We were lucky enough to meet with Danny, the chief. At least, he told us he was the chief. I asked Danny how he came to be the chief. He said because he had been to Panama. Boy was I impressed - until later in the day. We realized that the San Blas Islands were a part of Panama. Because he is the chief, Danny charged us $2.00 to have our picture taken with him.

        Adding Machine....

        Once on land, you can see all of the mola handwork hanging from clotheslines. These Indians have figurred out that people will only buy a liminted number of molas as a souvenir of the island, But, put the molas on a T-shirt, and every one h\of their friends has to have one.

        One of our cruisers had a pile of about 35 molas. The Cuna women handling her sales added the numbers b writing the dollar amount of each itme in the sand. When she had listed siz or seven items, she ran out of sand. So she added those up, put the total at ht etop, erased the previous list, and continued adding items. Her total came to way over $200.00.

        Even a sale like that didn't warrant a picture with this woman/ that costs $1.00. but, if she had wanted a picture of the small pig nearby, that was only 10 cents.

        Quilting Cruises....

        We are going to have a wackiest cruise outfit contest for the cruise.

        Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise, February 16 - 23, 2013, Western Caribbean on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas.
        Wear your wackiest cruise outfit and you could win $250.

        Wacky Cruise Clothes Day will be held during the cruise only for our group. One person from our group will win $250 for the wackiest cruise clothes. Second place will win $100, third place will win $75. Get ready, register today for the cruise and start working on your wacky cruise outfit.

        Be one of the first 100 people to reserve a cabin on the Round Bobbin Sew Fun Cruise and receive an AccuQuilt Baby Go and Dye.
        For information on the cruise visit www.roundbobbin.com or call 800-473-9464.

        Join us on our next quilting cruise, Feb 16-23, 2013 in the Caribbean.

        Click HERE for more details!

        How To Cut Stars With Kaye's Starmakers....

        Go here: http://www.kayewood.com/cutting_stars_with_starmakers.pdf

        Watch Kaye demonstrate her Starmakers on YouTube!

        Happy Independence Day America!

        List Your Event....

        Fun Facts For July

        The first week in July is

        • National Unassisted Homebirth Week
        • Be Nice To New Jersey Week
        • Freedon Week and
        • International Chicken Wing Week!

        Kaye's on YouTube....

        We have quite a few Starmaker videos up on YouTube.

        Check them all out... HERE:

        Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

        Show 'N Tell....

        I know this is an old pattern but I still like it and besides I had all this fabric that I wanted to use up just had enough. I've made up my mind I'm not buying any more fabric until my stash is all used up. Well maybe I could have my arm twisted if something really caught my eye LOL....Helen

        Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging, tablerunner, or....

        send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

        Have a great week, everyone!

        Terrye and Kayla

        Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. Just send any email with Subscribe in the subject line.