Honey Do Lists!! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      Honey Do Lists!! Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter.
      Search Our Online Catalog!:

      Kaye's Free Quilting and Sewing Online E-Newsletter

      Aug 3, 2004

      I hope everyone had a great weekend. If you're anything like me, you're saying, "What weekend, did I have one?" Here it is already August and I'll be the first to tell you, I have no idea where June and July went! I look at my summer lists (you know, a kind of "honey do" list for myself) and see I'm not even close to my goals and already summer is winding to an end. I'm now into buying school clothes and soccer gear for my daughter and God forbid, I actually had this fleeting thought-Christmas is only about 4 months away! Things are getting pretty scary! I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready to bury myself in a big quilt and save myself for a rainy day! Instead, I came up with a life saving, sanity saving idea. I took my Summer list, scratched off Summer and replaced it with Fall. Whew, I have at least 3 more months! Do I feel better!

      Download this newsletter

      As we stated previously, throughout the rest of the summer our specials will be lasting two weeks. This ensures that people who are on vacation and busy with the summer, also have a crack at these great buys. So, I'm giving you a little leeway, but don't put it off for long.

      July 27-Aug 9

      Free Fantastic Fans Video!

      Here ye, here ye. Calling all of you fan and wedge people! This is absolutely the last week for our Fantastic Fans book, tool and video sale. Just to freshen your memory, here's the deal. This week when you buy Kaye's Fantastic Fans and Wedge Designs Book, along with the Starmaker 5 Tool, we will give you the Fantastic Fans Video free of charge. That's right, buy the book and tool and get the companion video absolutely FREE. When you purchase this special, your savings will be $12.95 off the regular retail price... what a GREAT deal! Kaye's Fantastic Fans Book has 40 pages with 35 projects that are perfect for the beginner or intermediate quilter. Lots of color photos and diagrams, each chapter starts with the basic wedge shape, strip cut with the Starmaker 5, and then continues with its own specialized technique. Each project can be made on a larger or smaller scale simply by changing the width of the strip with charts included to help you do this easily. As with all of Kaye's books, this one is packed with hints and tips to make your quilting experience that much easier. Plus, you will get the companion video for free, that will have Kaye herself showing you how and what to do! This is the total package, so don't miss out on this "fantastic fan" savings, available for the next week. You can check it out here:

      Free Stardust Quilt Pattern!

      For the month of August only, when you spend a mere $10, (not including s/h) we will give you FREE, Kaye's Stardust Quilt booklet. This pattern is total Log Cabin Diamonds that can be strip pieced and combined into tumbling blocks, 6 pointed stars, hexagons or a full size quilt. Originally retails for $8, you can get this classic, one of the first patterns by Kaye Wood, free with any order of $10 or more. This value is good for the whole month, and is a must have for your Kaye Wood collection, so order here:

      Where in the World Is Kaye?

      A big thank you to all the people who participated in the Gall Sewing Center Seminar! Kaye and Kathleen had great fun meeting, teaching and talking to everyone who made this event a big success! So, thank you!

      Here are some more upcoming events!
      Reno, Quilt & Embroidery Festival featuring "Sew-n-Such", 8/26/04 - 8/29/04, 1-775-856-3224 www.pcmexpo.com

      Houghton Lake, Comfort Suites, 9/15/04, http://www.kayewood.com/seminar.html

      Novi, American Sewing Expo, 10/1/04 - 10/3/04, 1-248-889-3111 www.americansewingexpo.com

      Kansas City, Original Sewing and Quilt Expo, 10/14/04 - 10/17/04, 1-800-699-6309, www.sewingexpo.com

      To check out all of Kaye's upcoming teaching schedule, just click here

      Did you know you can go cruising with Kaye Wood? Yes, you really can! They are taking bookings now for the, "Cruise the Caribbean with Kaye Wood", quilting cruise scheduled for May of 2005! For more information on this "funtastic" event, just click here: Cruise The Caribbean in May with Kaye

      A great way to get in touch with other quilters to exchange ideas or just make a new friend, is through our message board. To post your message or to check out what other people are saying, just click on this link:

      Don't forget if you need someone to contact you to put your e-mail address in with your message, otherwise they have no way to get in touch.

      Did you know you can now sign up for the Houghton Lake, MI seminar online? You sure can, all you have to do is click here: http://www.kayewood.com/seminar.html

      Hey everyone! In case you missed the special e-mail on Friday, Kaye's 1700 Series is now available! Take a look at all the new items and projects that will be showing here:

      Check your local PBS stations for times and dates when Kaye's Quilting Friends will be airing. You mean to tell me they're not airing it? Well guess what? We have a link here where you can contact them to request that they do! All you have to do is click on the link below and enter your zip code into the finder. It should bring up all the local stations in your area. That way you can contact them and make your request! Just click on this link here:

      As usual, please feel free to contact Terrye if you're getting 2 newsletters or would like to change from html to text or vice versa. We'll be glad to help you in any way. Just contact Terrye here:

      Our events page has been updated! To check out what's going on, just click here:

      To check out other quilting and sewing sites, go to our link page. We have links to all different kinds of people, places and things. All you do is click here: http://www.kayewood.com/othersites.html

      We have a new page! Updated several times a week with articles about quilting and sewing straight from your hometown newspapers. If you'd like to check it out, click on the link here:

      If you're one of Kaye's Quilting Friends, don't forget about the Kaye Wood Strip Quilting Seminar coming to Houghton Lake, Michigan, Wednesday, September 15, 2004. Join Kaye as she teaches her world renown quilting methods and techniques. Always entertaining and informative, this event will take place at the Comfort Suites in Houghton Lake, MI. The cost is $25 per person and a great lunch is included. Please contact us for more information or to reserve your spot.
      Sign up online here: http://www.kayewood.com/seminar.html

      I guess that's all for this week. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all.......keep quilting! :-)

      Take Care,

      Joyce Horn

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc

      email: terrye@...

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.