Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, Feb 8, 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8 7:58 AM
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter. Feb 8, 2005

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Tuesday February 8th.

      I hope everyone is off to a good start this week. As you can see, we're in a total Valentines mode. Personally, I'm not a very big fan of Valentines Day, just not what I ever anticipate. However, I am a HUGE fan of Valentines Day chocolates! In any way, package or form, I love chocolate. So for all of you Valentine lovers, you get the hearts. For all of us chocoholics, an ode to chocolate!

      Happy Valentines Day!!!

      There are many kinds of chocolate, I try but just can't choose.

      As long as it's chocolate, there's no way that you can lose.

      Milk, dark or sweet, it's all so very smooth.

      It can really make you feel better, or help your heartache sooth.

      Chocolate is as good as a hug or a really big pat on the back.

      What if I'm out of chocolate, when I have my next attack?

      Some people fear chocolate, they think that it's a curse.

      But I think to be without it, is really so much worse.

      So on this Valentines Day, please, no cards should you send

      Just big boxes of a chocolate, will hit the spot my friend!

      Signed, A Chocoholic

      Bi-weekly Special

      Today we're featuring two of Kaye's latest creations, the View & Do Diamond and the new accompanying pattern, Dimensional Diamonds! When you order the View & Do Diamond, we will send you the Dimensional Diamonds pattern for half price! This is a $4 savings to you! Do you already have the diamond? Well, I'll bet your quilting friends, or family members don't. How about your friends at the quilt shop who help you all the time! Makes a great gift for yourself or someone you know at a wonderful discount, but you have to order soon!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Kaye's new View & Do Diamond Shape is the latest shape in her fussy-cutting design tools. Now fussy-cut designs have never been easier. Just follow Kaye's easy 1-2-3 directions to fussy-cut diamonds in 2, 4, 6 or 8 inch pieces. Problems with fussy cutting diamonds will be a thing of the past when you start using Kaye's View & Do Diamond Shape. Order today!

      This pattern is the second in Kaye's new line of patterns and the first to go with Kaye's new View & Do Diamond shape. Now you can do great tumbling blocks with that little bit of Kaye Wood twist! All of those fabulous fabrics with patterns can now be fussy cut to be the main focus of your tumbling block. Using Kaye's diamond shape you will cut your designs at the right angle so they always look great and consistent in each tumbling block. Three diamonds are used to make each tumbling block and you can fussy cut less or not at all for a different variation or 3D effect. Available now for half price when you purchase a View & Do Diamond shape!

      Monthly Special

      This month we're featuring another great book by Kaye Wood called, Strip Quilting Projects 5. This book is 43 pages with 12 different projects that are great for quilters at all levels. Techniques include: Crazy patchwork, using large prints, seminole, squaring up on-point designs, lace tripped squares, reversible tubes, safety pin basting and continuous bias binding, plus so much more. Projects include: Amish Square Wall hanging, lace trimmed couch quilt, reversible baby quilt, Lone Star Wall hanging and many others. As with all of Kaye's books, finishing techniques, supply lists and accuracy tips are included. As an added bonus there are 3-8 1/2 x 11 inch plastic quilting templates for the Lone Star and Amish Square. You get this wonderful book with the templates FREE when you have a purchase of $20 or more! This special is for the whole month of February but February is a little short, so order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      This book free with a $20 or more purchase.

      Some of the projects featured in Strip Quilting Projects 5.

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Where in the world is Kaye? Well, we work with her and still have a hard time keeping up with that lady! This is a very busy time of the year and trying to find Kaye in one place for very long is near impossible! Kaye is constantly dedicated to bringing her wonderful products and quick and easy techniques to the public! If you're actually at a place where you can check her out, I urge you to do so. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed! Check here to see if Kaye will be at a state near you.

      San Mateo, CA

      Sew & Quilt Craft Expo***2/16/2005 thru 2/20/2005

      1-800-472-6476 or FAX 775-856-3531

      http://www.pcmexpo.com/

      Puyallup,WA

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo***3/3/05-3/6/05

      1-253-798-7180

      http://www.sewexpo.com

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/30/05 thru 4/05/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      http://www.sewing-vac.com/classes.htm

      Ridgeville, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      1-440-353-9736

      Paducah, Kentucky

      AQS Consumer Show***4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      1-502-898-7903

      http://www.twebeads.com/shows.html

      Caribbean

      Round Bobbin Quilting Cruise***5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464

      http://www.roundbobbin.com

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program schedule available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      New pattern alert!!!

      Be watching for a third in the new line of patterns by Kaye Wood. Hearts in Bloom will be available shortly and you'll be the first to know!

      New station alert!!!

      We'd like to welcome KSBN Safe TV as one of the great stations who are now showing Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilters Toolbox! Look for it starting January 17th. at 2:30 PM, EST. For more information, check out Safe TV at:

      http://www.safetv.org

      New series alert!!!

      It's coming, it's coming! What's all the excitement about? Kaye's 1800 series, that's what! Soon to be released on a local PBS station near you, all new projects and guests! Contact your local PBS station for viewing times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Free Tip

      Strip Pieced Prairie Points

      Step 1: Cut 4-1/2" wide strips.

      Step 2: On the wrong side, mark a line 1/2" from one long edge. Cut the strips with vertical lines every 4 inches, down to the 1/2" line.

      Step 3: Fold and press each section of the strip diagonally, wrong sides together, then fold each section diagonally again. One of the fabrics will be folded in one direction, the other folded in the opposite direction.

      Step 4: Weave and pin the two strips, wrong sides together. Baste zigzag the raw edges. Trim the band to 1/4" allowance. Stitch the band to the edge of the quilt, the points should lay toward the center. Finish by sewing the backing, top and batting together in an envelope style finish. The strip of Prairie Points is added right sides together to the quilt top. The quilt can then be finished with an envelope, or a binding strip can be added on top of the prairie points. Layer the quilt and fold the binding strip to the wrong side of the quilt.

      Complete directions are in the book "Strip Quilting Projects" by Kaye Wood

      Useful Links

      Did you know BYU TV shows Kaye's Quilting Friends? Just click on the link below to find out when and where it's broadcast.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event, or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      To check for local guilds or to list yours for free, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Our message board is alive and kicking! A great place to ask for help, find unique items or just make a new friend. Just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      or, if you prefer the ease of the old board, we've reactivated it, here:

      http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      To unsubscribe, click here.