Feb 2, Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Tuesday, February 1st.

      Hey everyone! How's it going this week? I'm feeling very spring like today, thus, all the beautiful rainbow pictures.

      We're in the midst of a real heat wave here in Northern Michigan! It's actually supposed to get to 40 degrees here by Friday! I'm not quite sure how I'll react when I don't have to preheat my car for 30 minutes! Of course that means nothing in the big scheme of things here. 40 degrees one day is only a brief reprieve as anyone familiar with Michigan can tell you. It can turn to 15 below or a snowstorm in a very short time, I've seen it and documented it! So I'm trying to live by the old saying, "Be thankful for what you have when you have it, you never know when it will be gone". I'm not quite sure if they actually meant weather when they made up that one but when you live in Michigan, it definitely works!

      http://www.kayewood.com/newsletter.html

      Bi-weekly Special

      Our special for this week features the newest book by our Kaye Wood called, Everyone Can Quilt. If you haven't yet, you really need to check this book out. It is huge with 144 pages and over 20 projects for beginners to advanced quilters. 75 color photos and over 300 illustrations, will easily show you how and what to do. Projects range from simple starters such as place mats and pot holders to more advance works like quilts and wall hangings. You will learn the basics of creating a rail fence, pinwheel, 9-patch, star patterns and much, much more. Includes paper templates and charts for each project to help you along. Retails for $22.99 plus s/h. For the next week you can purchase this book and your s/h will be only $1.99! That's a savings of $4 off of your regular purchase price, so order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Buy Everyone Can Quilt and your s/h on this book will be $1.99, you save $4!

      Star Spangled Quilt-Just one of the patterns in Everyone Can Quilt.

      Monthly Special

      This month we're featuring another great book by Kaye Wood called, Strip Quilting Projects 5. This book is 43 pages with 12 different projects that are great for quilters at all levels. Techniques include: Crazy patchwork, using large prints, seminole, squaring up on point designs, lace tripped squares, reversible tubes, safety pin basting and continuous bias binding, to name a few. Projects include: Amish Square Wallhanging, lace trimmed couch quilt, reversible baby quilt, Lone Star Wallhanging and many others. As with all of Kaye's books, finishing techniques, supply lists and accuracy tips are included. Also included are 3-8 1/2 x 11 plastic templates for the Lone Star and Amish Square. You get this wonderful book with the templates FREE when you have a purchase of $20 or more! That's for the whole month of February but February is a little short, so order today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      This book free with a purchase of $20 or more!

      Where In The World Is Kaye?

      Where in the world is Kaye? Well, we work with her and still have a hard time keeping up with that lady! This is a very busy time of the year and trying to find Kaye in one place for very long is near impossible! Kaye is constantly dedicated to bringing her wonderful products and quick and easy techniques to the public! If you're actually at a place where you can check her out, I urge you to do so. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed! Here are a few dates that can tell you if Kaye is going to be at a state near you, check it out!

      San Mateo, CA

      Sew & Quilt Craft Expo***2/16/2005 thru 2/20/2005

      1-800-472-6476 or FAX 775-856-3531

      http://www.pcmexpo.com/

      Puyallup,WA

      Sewing and Stitchery Expo***3/3/05-3/6/05

      1-253-798-7180 or http://www.sewexpo.com

      Cincinnati, OH

      Kramers Sew & Vac*** 3/30/05 thru 4/05/05

      1-888-673-9822 or 1-513-891-5005

      http://www.sewing-vac.com/classes.htm

      Ridgeville, OH

      North Coast Needlers Guild***4/5/05

      1-440-353-9736

      Paducah, Kentucky

      American Quilters Society Consumer Show

      4/20/05 thru 4/23/05

      1-502-898-7903 or http://www.twebeads.com/shows.html

      Caribbean

      Quilting Cruise

      5/8/05-5/15-05

      1-800-473-9464 or http://www.roundbobbin.com

      West Branch, MI

      Caroline's Sewing Room***5/21/05

      1-989-345-9180

      Fennimore,Wisconsin

      Southwest Wisconsin Technological College

      6/3/05 - 6/4/05

      Free program available after April 1st.

      e-mail: jkilian@...

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      New pattern alert!!!

      Be watching for a third in the new line of patterns by Kaye Wood. Hearts in Bloom will be available shortly and you'll be the first to know!

      New station alert!!!

      We'd like to welcome KSBN Safe TV as one of the great stations who are now showing Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilters Toolbox! Look for it starting January 17th. at 2:30 PM, EST. For more information, check out Safe TV at:

      http://www.safetv.org

      New series alert!!!

      It's coming, it's coming! What's all the excitement about? Kaye's 1800 series, that's what! Soon to be released on a local PBS station near you, all new projects and guests! Contact your local PBS station for viewing times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Free Project!

      Look at my Parasol

      Look at my Parasol is from the book Strip Quilting Projects 9 by Kaye Wood.

      Useful Links

      Did you know BYU TV shows Kaye's Quilting Friends? Just click on the link below to find out when and where it's broadcast.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      Shows and events are going on all over the U.S. To have us list your event, or to check and see if there are some in your area, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      To check for local guilds or to list yours for free, just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Our message board is alive and kicking! A great place to ask for help, find unique items or just make a new friend. Just click the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for new ideas and areas of interest. Some we can use, others we can't, but at least it helps to give us an idea. Just click the link below and thanks!

      email: terrye@...

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc.

      To unsubscribe, click here.