Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 4.11.12 - When Your Puddle Jumpers Do Their Puddle Jumping Thing, Be Ready!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2012

      • Starmakers Are On Sale!
      • New Line From Sweet Seams
      • Ugly Quilt Contest
      • Free 1 Yard Piece of Tru-Grid
      • Question of the Week
      • Tips and Humor from Kaye
      • Kaye's on Facebook
      • Quilting Events
      • Kaye's on YouTube

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is rejoicing over finding Dandelions in her yard....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We're pinning our little fingers off. Tell us what you'd like to see on our boards!

      Come On, Tell Me

      Questions? Email Us!

      Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Quilt Qua!

      Attention: Please keep an eye out for these stolen quilts by Karen Combs. Read more and see pictures HERE

      New Policy.... Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Kaye's lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Hi Quilters!

      Gonna be another gorgeous day!

      (Well, ok, yesterday it snowed, but today the sun is shining! Gotta stay positive, right?)

      The tomato, pepper and lettuces seeds have been started, the grass is turning green (and I might even have to drag the lawn mower out this weekend...) and the trees are pretty much all budded out.

      Yard cleanup - not so much!

      What's On Sale....

      Starmakers!

      What are Starmakers?

      Well, if you're fairly new to the quilting world, you may not know about all of the things you can do with these workhorses.

      Together they will cut over 144 different designs. If it's a geometric shape or angle you want to cut, chances are good that one of these beauties will do the job for you. Hard plastic, 1/16' thick, suitable for rotary cutting, if you're in the market for a template that will do it all, here they are.

      Plus, Kaye has more than 15 books and ebooks and more than 50 patterns and epatterns to use with the Starmakers and also her View & Do Shapes

      Starmaker 5 Master Template - Regularly Priced at $24.95, this week only - $12.50

      On Our Sale Page!

      Starmaker 6 Master Template - Regularly Priced at $24.95, this week only - $12.50

      On Our Sale Page!

      Starmaker 8 Master Template - Regularly Priced at $24.95, this week only - $12.50

      On Our Sale Page!

      Starmaker Design Concepts DVD - Regularly Priced at $21.95, this week only - $12.00

      On Our Sale Page!

      And, here are some tips and techniques to get you started with these awesome templates!

      Cutting Stars With Kaye's Starmakers

      Pointed Vs Pointless Quilting on YouTube!

      Check out our Starmaker Master Template Demo on YouTube!

      Kaye's Podcast - How She Got Started in Quilting and How She Came To Design Her Templates and Shapes.

      What's New....

      Don't forget accessories for your little Puddle Jumpers!

      New Contest....

      Ugly Quilts. Wait, What? No Quilts Are Ugly, right?

      Well, there are some, and we all have them, and now we're going to celebrate their existence!

      Send us pictures of your "ugliest" quilts.

      You have until the end of May. That's right, 6 weeks (roughly) to send us pics of your ugliest quilt, and if we choose yours, you won't have to cry because you will win

      • 1 Starmaker or View and Do Shape of your choice and
      • All the patterns that go with that item!Hurry, start sending them to us HERE

      Get a Free 1 Yard Piece of Tru-Grid....

      Free 1 Yard Piece of our new product

      Pellon Tru-Grid while supplies last. All you have to do, is this:

      Tell us in which pattern Kaye uses the Tru-Grid. Quantities are limited, HURRY!!

      Tru-Grid is HERE

      Quilting Question of the Week....

      Q: How do you make chenille?
      K: You can do this in five easy steps.
      1) Stack 6 pieces of fabric right sides up with the largest piece on the bottom.
      2) Pin the fabric pieces together. With a ruler and a washable fabric marker, draw a diagonal line in the center from corner to corner. Continue drawing diagonal lines 3/4" of an inch apart until you have marked the entire square.
      3) With a sewing machine, stitch along all of the marked diagonal lines.
      4) Using scissors, cut the center of each row. (Do NOT cut the bottom piece)
      5) Once all of the rows have been cut, machine wash and dry the fabric piece.

      Tips and Humor From Kaye....

      What Fabrics Do I Buy To Feed My Stash?
      • Color families (fabric with shades and tints of the same color), for example all the blues would be in one color family.
      • Colors that like each otherAccent colors (they make you say "wow"!)

      When planning my quilts, this formula sometimes helps:

      • 70% medium shades
      • 20% to 25% dark or light shades
      • 5% - 10% accent colors

      List Your Event....

      http://www.youtube.com/user/kayewood/

      Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

      Show 'N Tell....

      Call for entries....

      Jacqueline

      I have to say I was a little apprehensive to do this Moroccan Tile Pattern. Thinking it might be hard. But, I have sewed for years. Well, to my suprise it was super easy. I have had such fun sewing on it today and some last night. I have sent pictures to my friends. So let me just say I am singing your praises. Hope you like my colors...Ruthie

      Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging, tablerunner, or.....

      send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

      Hope you have a Great Week, and get out and enjoy some of this long awaited sunshine!

      Kaye, Terrye and Kayla