Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 3.15.11 - Another One Cent Leprechaun!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 6:10 AM
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      In This Issue....
      • Leaping Leprechauns!
      • What's On Sale
      • Alert - All Remaining VHS on Sale!
      • What's New
      • Question of the Week
      • Tips and Humor From Kaye
      • Our Facebook Group
      • List Your Events!
      • Blog Giveaway
      • Kaye's YouTube Channel
      • Tips
      • Show 'N Tell
      • This Day in History
      • Weekly Roundup

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is doing her springtime planting....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We've just started pinning, so come on over and help us out!

      Kaye's Schedule

        Mesa, AZ, 10442 E Dolphin Ave, Private Class, kaye@..., Mar 20, 2012, 989-709-0978

        Sun City, AZ, AZ Sun Valley Quilts, Mar 24, 2012, Lecture, 989-709-0978

        Sun City, AZ, AZ Sun Valley Quilts, Mar 28, 2012, Sit and Sew Class, 989-709-0978

        Burton, MI, Seminar/Class, Aug 17-18 989-709-0978

        Madison, WI, Nancy Zieman’s, Sept 5-8, 989-709-0978

        Houston, TX, Quilt Market Oct 27-29

      48661

      Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Quilt Qua!

      Hi Quilters!

      It's coming!

      The "wear a touch 'o the green or pay the price" day. Yup, thought we'd warn you, just in case it sneaks up before we talk to you again!

      This adorable Straddling Leprechaun pattern may just save you from being pinched! (Yes, we realize this is the same header as last week, in which it appears we jumped the gun!)

      No Pinches Here! - Straddling Leprechaun

      Search below for how to get Mr Leprechaun for a penny!

      What's On Sale....Over 100 Items!

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 as a set for $8.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's separately sell for 5.00 a piece (which is the clearance price!) That is a savings of $32.00.

      Gotta Have It!

      Sisters' Common Threads Is Our Designer of the Week!

      Check out all of their awesome patterns. From big bags, to small bags. Diaper bags to iron totes (complete with heat resistant fabric), slippers and mittens and even a few fun things, like a Badge Holder for Quilt show and markets and a Luggage Tags pattern. And, all marked down this week!

      Brand New and On Sale This Week....

      Sister's Common Threads Products - hop on over to our SALEÂ PAGES to pick out your favorites....

      Travel Iron Tote Pattern

      Deep Discount on Kaye's Quilting The Kaye Wood Way T-shirt. (Size L Only)

      Was $12.00, now only $8.00

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      New Policy.... Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Alert Alert Alert....

      Don't Forget - all of our remaining VHS copies of Kaye's Quiltng Friends and Quilter's Toolbox Shows are just $4.00!

      MUST HAVE COPIES OF
      KAYE'S QUILTING FRIENDS AND QUILTER'S TOOLBOX SHOWS

      What's New In Our Store....60+ New Items, That's What!

      Postcards From Alaska

      This pattern is a great way to use odd shaped images cut from a focal fabric or photographs. Each postcard is highlighted with a drop shadow. The mountain peaks and waves are inspired by Alaska.

      I want to travel - if only in my dreams....

      Put Your Heart Into It Sweatshirt, Pillow and Tea Towel Pattern

      Includes instructions and templates for a sweatshirt, 12" x 16" travel size pillow and a tea towel.

      My Heart Is So There!

      Little Sister Tote Bag

      So much easier than it looks, and TONS of pockets inside and out, you could just about fit your whole life in one of these super cute bags!

      I've got TONS of stuff to carry!

      Leyvie Bag Pattern

      This little cutie is both sophisticated and cute. Kind of like a clutch on steroids!!

      This is Just My Style!!

      Question of the Week....

      We have a reader who is looking for some ideas for a wedding quilt for my son getting married on June 2nd. She saw a magazine in a Jo-Ann’s Fabric store recently and regret not buying it then because it had a great idea on the cover. It was a quilt with pictures of both the bride and the groom when they were small and growing up. I can’t find that magazine anywhere and was wondering if you have any ideas I could use for this quilt. Thank you so much!

      Can you help with either a name and issue of that magazine or similar ideas for her quilt?

      Ideas HERE, and thanks!

      Kaye's lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Caddy Pad Junior Plus Hot Iron Tote Pattern and Heat Resistant Fabric

      High Society Hat Pattern - Perfect for the Red Hatters in your group!

      Tips and Humor From Kaye....

      How to Spot a Pointless Quilter - The Definitive Guide....

      You are a Pointless Person if....

      • You don't like to match points
      • You don't care if your points match
      • You would rather leave it than rip it out
      • You can't see well enough to match points
      • Your seam allowances wander, and it's ok with you
      • You can say with a straight face, "My quilt is an artistic expression. I worked hard to get my points offset just a little".

      I used to think I could teach anyone to match points, but my life won't be long enough, and some of you are not even trying! (lol)

      Pointless People, you can come out of the closet and admit to being pointless. But, if you wnt to remain a closet Pointless Person, choose one of my Pointless Projects.

      If you are one of the Pointless People, treat your points like children. How? Separate the points (e.g., with sashing strips) or move them (to a different part of the quilt or turn them in a different direction).

      But, if you want to be a Pointed Person and match your points, follow my step-by-step instructions for cutting, sewing, and pressiong, and your points will bwe easier to match!

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join!

      Can't Miss 'Em Luggage Tags Pattern

      Any order over 20.00 (before shipping) will get you Mr Leprechaun for only one penny! But YOUÂ MUST put "leprechaun-one cent" into the COMMENTS section of the shopping cart. If you don't do this, you will NOT get the pattern! Be sure to put "Leprechaun-one cent" - We don't even care if it's spelled right or not, just make sure you put the word in the comments section of the shopping cart!

      List Your Event....

      Another Blog Giveaway....

      2 tickets to the Coopersville Farm Museum Quilt Show in Coopersville, MI

      Leave me a comment if you're interested!

      HERE

      Come Rain or Shine Kids Hat Pattern - Think dancing in the mud puddles with this one!

      Kaye's on YouTube!

      http://www.youtube.com/user/kayewood/

      Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

      Help... We Need Your Tips....

      email me your best....HERE

      Show 'N Tell....

      I saw these in a magazine and was inspired to give it a whirl myself!....Jen

      Call for entries....

      Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging,tablerunner.....

      send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

      This Day in History....

      • 44 B.C.On the "Ides of March," Julius Caesar was stabbed to death in the senate house by a group of conspirators led by Cimber, Casca, Cassius, and Marcus Junius Brutus.
      1493 Christopher Columbus returned to Spain after his first visit to the Western Hemisphere. 1820Maine became the 23rd state. 1917 Nicholas II, the last czar of Russia, is forced to abdicate his throne (March 2, old style calendar). 1937 The first hospital blood bank in the United States was established, in Chicago, at Cook County Hospital. 1965 President Lyndon Johnson asked Congress for legislation guaranteeing every American the right to vote. 2003 Hu Jintao was chosen to replace Jiang Zemin as the president of China. 2004 Scientists reported the discovery of Sedna, the most distant object in the solar system.

      Weekly Roundup...

      Researching Beaded Quilts - suggestions welcome and needed!

      Blog Contest

      Have a GREAT Day from the Gals at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Kaye, Terrye, Kayla