Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of LEAP DAY!! Special Leap Day Sale and Whistle Pig Creek! Blog Contest and More....

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      In This Issue....
      • Happy LeapDay!
      • What's On Sale
      • Alert - All Remaining VHS on Sale!
      • What's New
      • Question of the Week
      • Kaye's In Puyallup
      • Whistlepig Creek
      • Our Facebook Group
      • List Your Events!
      • Blog Giveaway
      • Kaye's YouTube Channel
      • Show 'N Tell
      • This Day in History
      • Weekly Roundup

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is doing her springtime planting....Follow us!

      We're on Pinterest Now!

      We've just started pinning, so come on over and help us out!

      Kaye's Schedule

        Puyallup, WA, Sewing and Stitchery Expo, Mar 1-4, 2012, http://www.sewexpo.com/ (Kaye will be in booth 909)

        Sun City, AZ, Sit and Sew, kaye@..., Mar 14, 2012, 989-709-0978

        Mesa, AZ, 10442 E Dolphin Ave, Private Class, kaye@..., Mar 20, 2012, 989-709-0978

        Sun City, AZ, AZ Sun Valley Quilts, Mar 24, 2012, Lecture, 989-709-0978

        Sun City, AZ, AZ Sun Valley Quilts, Mar 28, 2012, Sit and Sew Class, 989-709-0978

        Burton, MI, Seminar/Class, Aug 17-18 989-709-0978

        Madison, WI, Nancy Zieman’s, Sept 5-8, 989-709-0978

        Houston, TX, Quilt Market Oct 27-29

      48661

      Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos

      Quilt Qua!

      Hi Quilters!

      Happy Leap Day!!

      In Celebration, we're inviting you to take 29% off of any one regularly priced item. Make a note of this in the shopping cart and we'll take the discount when we process your order. If you order a bunch of stuff, we'll take the discount off of the most expensive item for you!

      Hey, you have to celebrate when this day only comes around once every 4 years!

      What's On Sale....

      Get Kaye's Strip Quilting Project Books 2-9 as a set for $8.00 that is only 1 dollar a piece. These book's separately sell for 5.00 a piece (which is the clearance price!) That is a savings of $32.00.

      Gotta Have It!

      Brand New and On Sale This Week....

      Whistlepig Creek is our featured designer this week! They're designs are so whimsical and fun. Check out this entire newsletter, as we'll have their patterns scattered throughout! Most patterns are marked down to 6.00, only one is higher than that, and one is lower! Have a great time over at Whistlepig Creek, they're one of our favorites!

      Caterwauling Christmas Tree Skirt and Stockings

      Little Sister Tote Bag

      Don't forget our Leap Day Special...

      29% off of any one regularly priced item! If your order contains multiple items, we'll discount the most expensive item for you!

      But, this special is good ONLY on Feb 29, 2012!!!

      Deep Discount on Kaye's Quilting The Kaye Wood Way T-shirt. (Size L Only)

      Was $12.00, now only $8.00

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      New Policy.... Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Alert Alert Alert....

      Don't Forget - all of our remaining VHS copies of Kaye's Quiltng Friends and Quilter's Toolbox Shows are just $4.00!

      MUST HAVE COPIES OF
      KAYE'S QUILTING FRIENDS AND QUILTER'S TOOLBOX SHOWS

      What's New In Our Store....

      We have a new pattern -Nebula! Congratulations, Barb for the name!

      Nebula - Kaye's Latest Creation

      Quick, look up in the sky and catch of glimpse of Nebula. This easy lone star pattern is made from 11 different fabrics, and ringed with color, just like the exploding star it's name is captured from.

      88" x 88"

      Uses the Starmaker 8 Master Template

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Nebula_Pattern/1252

      Benign Fusion

      How much more spring-y does it get? This gorgeous little flower begs to be hung on the wall or used as a table mat!

      I Heart Flowers!

      Mary's Quilt

      Fresh and Airy contemporary idea. Wouldn't this be pretty done in Easter colors, highlighting the center cross?

      Show Me The Pattern!

      Home of the Brave

      Get a head start on your summer decorating with this awesome wall hanging. Or use it to make a placemat, or napkins! Sooo cute!

      Bring On The Summer!

      Question of the Week....

      What's the deal with these Quilting Indulgences Boxes?

      Aha! We're glad you asked.

      Once a month we offer a limited amount of surprise mystery type boxes jammed full of patterns, maybe some books, dvd's, you never know what we'll stick in there. Past boxes have included lotions and candles. Maybe a couple of scraps of farics, some charm siggy squares, samples of interfacing... You just never know!

      But one thing remains constant, they are always well worth the $30.00 you'll pay, and you'll never pay shipping (to the US) on these boxes. A surprise every month, usually the 2nd week of the month.

      Keep an eye on this newsletter for dates and times. We'll also announce it on our Facebook page, our blog and our home page!

      Lots of fun!

      Kaye's lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      Table Charms

      E Reader Cubby

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join!

      I Cozy Palooza

      List Your Event....

      Another Blog Giveaway....

      2 tickets to the Coopersville Farm Museum Quilt Show in Coopersville, MI

      Leave me a comment if you're interested!

      HERE

      E Cozy Palooza

      Kaye's on YouTube!

      http://www.youtube.com/user/kayewood/

      Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

      Show 'N Tell....

      My father turns 80 in April 2012 and this is his birthday gift.

      It's made for an extra high queen size bed. I didn't want to have a bed shirt so I made a bedspread. My oldest son has a bed just like his so I used his for measurements. (My father lives 5 hours away).

      It looks really good on my son's bed. I’m glad I tried it on his bed because he is the next one in line to make one for. I'll probably put his two girls on, I don’t know yet....Nancy

      Call for entries....

      Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging,tablerunner.....

      send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

      This Day in History....

      • 46 b.c.The first Leap Day proclaimed by Julius Caesar.
      • 1692Three women, Sarah Goode, Sarah Osborne, and Tituba, were the first to be accused of witchcraft in Salem, Mass.
      • 1784John Wesley issues “Deed of Declaration” formally establishing the Methodist Church.
      • 1796George Washington proclaimed Jay's Treaty in effect.
      • 1849The steamship California landed in San Francisco, bringing the first East Coasters to the Gold Rush.
      • 1916Henry James, American novelist and critic, died.
      • 1940Hattie McDaniel became the first black woman to win an Oscar. She won the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind.
      • 1944General Douglas MacArthur led the invasion of the Admiralty Islands.
      • 1948The last British troops left India.
      • 1960Hugh Hefner opened the first Playboy Club in Chicago.
      • 1968Robert McNamara resigned as Secretary of Defense in the wake of the Tet offensive.
      • 1972Hank Aaron became the first baseball player to sign a $200,000 a year contract.
      • 1983The final episode of M*A*S*H aired. It was the most watched television program in history.
      • 1986Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme was shot to death in central Stockholm.
      • 1993Four federal agents were killed in Waco, Texas, after they tried to serve an arrest warrant for weapons charges on Branch Davidian sect leader David Koresh, starting a 51-day standoff.

      Weekly Roundup...

      Researching Beaded Quilts - suggestions welcome

      Blog Contest

      Have a GREAT Day from the Gals at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Kaye, Terrye, Kayla