Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 1.25.12 - Quiltsmart Patterns and Lots of Colors!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2012
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      In This Issue....
      • January is the Time to Play With Colors!
      • What's On Sale
      • Alert - All Remaining VHS on Sale!
      • February Quilting Indulgences Boxes
      • What's New
      • Blog Giveaway
      • Arizona in the Winter
      • Our Facebook Group
      • List Your Events!
      • Kaye's YouTube Channel
      • FaveCrafts
      • Show 'N Tell
      • This Day in History
      • Weekly Roundup
      • QSC Expos

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is desperately in search of blue skies and sunshine....Follow us!

      Kaye's Schedule

        2.18 - Phoenix, AZ, 2.23 - Sun City, AZ
        2.25 - Peoria, AZ, Casa Del Rio,
        3.20 - Mesa, AZ,

      Remember how last week I said that January was full of new beginnings? Well, this week it's feeling like January has dug her heels in and just won't go away!

      Besides the thunderstorm and rain we had a couple of nights ago (really??) we've had the usual snow and ice. Cold? Not so much, it's really not been bad, but the rain on top of the snow and ice was just a cruel twist!

      So how do we combat this? We play with colors of course!

      Kaye says; "I like using bright colors because they make me feel good and feel happy. Quite often I use a dark or black color with them, to make the brights really pop. There are so many brights on the market. I have been expanding my color pallet to include the lime greens and bright pinks (thanks to my granddaughter, Kayla). I also look for narrow stripes that include the brights and black to help blend the different brights. E.g., a stripe with the lime greens, pinks and black would be a perfect blender between the greens and the pinks."

      Colors are all around, all the time. The pictures in this newsletter are what happened when I typed "colors" into Google!

      What's On Sale....
      All of our Winter and Christmas Themed Patterns are on sale this week!

      Now, for our featured sale....

      Snow Day!

      This is one of our way cute buttons patterns. Look closely at the skates, skiis, poles, mittens, sled, snowman and snowflakes. They are all buttons, and give a 3-Dimensional aspect to this wallhanging!

      On Sale This Week....

      Mariner's Compass Pattern (right) and Lone Star Quilt Pattern and Game Quilt Pattern (below)

      All 3 patterns are from QuiltSmart and are more than just patterns. They are KITS, in that the pre-printed interfacing to facilitate the piecing process is included!

      Here are the prices on these awesome kits

      Was $22.95 - Now $16.00 LoneStar

      Was 32.95 - Now 25.00 Mariner's Compass

      Was 32.95 - Now 25.00 Game Quilt

      These patterns are easy and ACCURATE! And the Game Quilt pattern includes the directions to play 5 different board games.

      And, of course, the DVDs to accompany the Mariner's Compass and Game Quilt patterns are only $5.00 (reg. 12.00)

      For the "down low" on how these unique pre-printed grids came to be, visit the QuiltSmart Website

      HERE (quiltsmart101 ->lonestar ->a star is born)

      Also check out the LoneStar Gallery to get lots of ideas on making your own!

      70+ items - all of this and more on our Sale Page!

      New Policy.... Any order over $50.00 now ships free to the US!

      Alert Alert Alert....

      Don't Forget - all of our remaining VHS copies of Kaye's Quiltng Friends and Quilter's Toolbox Shows are just $4.00!

      February's Quilting Indulgences Boxes....

      Look for February's Boxes around the 2nd or 3rd week in Feb!

      What's New In Our Store....

      Hot Bowl Hot Pad, Microwave Hot Pad for Bowls, Plus Spatter Guard.

      It's hard to see from the picture how cool this thing really is. 2 shapes and 4 different sizes make this pattern so versatile. The Bowl Pad is shaped like a bowl itself, put the bowl inside it, stick it in the microwave and when it's done, you're fingers stay nice and cool. A bonus spatter guard pattern keeps the inside of the microwave from getting dirty.

      If you have towels, or can get fabric to match your kitchen decor, this would be an awesome accessory. Or, mix it up and go bright, dark or pastel.

      On our Check it out Page!

      Straddling Leprechaun Pattern

      This leprechaun straddles his Pot'O Gold, hanging onto it with a death grip! Don't be messing with him. What a cute wallhanging for that loveable March holiday!

      Use this cute applique to dress up your whole home, from sweatshirts and wallhangings, to curtains, pillows and tea towels! He'll bring you luck all year round!

      Gotta Have It!

      Blog Giveaway!....

      Volume 1 and 2 of Kaye's Original Starmaker's Ablaze Books!

      (and...Volume 2 is autographed!)

      Starmaker's Abaze Book Vol 1

      We have 5 of these sets we will give away, Jan 31, 2012! Hurry on over to our blog, look for the post and enter a comment. Tell me about your favorite Quilting Newsletter (it doesn't have to be us, I'm looking for ideas, lol)

      81 pages

      Log Cabin Triangles are easy, just follow Kaye Wood's step-by-step quilting and piecing directions. Tips include fabric preparation, cutting, sewing and pressing accurately, how to finish your quilts, mitered and squared borders, bindings, prairie points, tying a quilt and machine quilting. Uses the Starmaker® 6 Master Template (sold separately).

      Kaye's lots and lots of seminars and teacher certification classes scheduled this winter in Arizona. Check out her schedule HERE

      And sign up for her next seminar - Sun City, AZ, Sew & Sew Club, kaye@..., Feb 23, 2012, 989-709-0978

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join!

      List Your Event....

      Kaye's on YouTube!

      Are you having problems with a particular video? Let us know what you are experiencing and the name of the video so I can check it out!

      Free Sign Up

      target=_blank>Piecing it Together From FaveQuilts:

      Get FREE quilt patterns, easy-to-follow technique tutorials and videos,

      quilting tips, fabric and shop info, and so much more!

      Show 'N Tell....

      I took Kaye's class when she was in Ketchikan, Alaska this past fall. I have completed the top (and actually getting the quilting done) for the Jumping Jacks pattern. Also, I used piping around the circles for my quilt, I forgot to ask about hints or tips when using lace....Pat

      Call for entries....

      Submit your creations to us. We'll put them on our Show 'N Tell page and in the newsletter! Be sure to send a picture as well as the story behind your quilt, wallhanging,tablerunner.....

      send them to terrye@...?subject="show-n-tell"

      This Day in History....
      41 Roman emperor, Gaius Caesar, better known as Caligula (meaning Little Boot - he used to wear military boots as a child), was murdered.

      1848 Gold was first discovered in California, in Sutter's mill. When President Polk announced the news in December, the gold rush began.

      1908 Robert Baden-Powell organized the first Boy Scout troop in England.

      1943 The Casablanca Conference with Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill concluded.

      1965 Winston Churchill died in London at age 90.

      1972 Japanese soldier Shoichi Yokoi was discovered in Guam, having spent 28 years hiding in the jungle thinking World War II was still going on.

      1986 Voyager Two space probe passes within 51,000 miles of Uranus.

      1993 The first African-American to sit on the Supreme Court, Thurgood Marshall, died.

      2003 The Department of Homeland Security, under Tom Ridge, became a cabinet department.

      Weekly Roundup....

      New YouTube videos uploaded

      • Diamonds in Motion
      • Crossroads
      • Spring Rain and Floral Windows
      • Star Spangled Quilt
      • Square Knots Quilt
      • Crossroads
      • Straw Wreath and Pine Cones
      • Bold Beginnings
      • Kokopelli
      • Hawaiian Quilt
      • Pineapple Play
      • Painted Desert
      • Emeralds and Amythysts
      • Garden Path
      • Springtime in the Forest
      • Starmaker Demo

      Biscuits Pillow/Quilt Pattern done

      Shades of the Southwest Quilt Pattern done

      Quilting, Sewing and Crafts Expos
      Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      Have a great week from the Gals at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Kaye, Terrye, Kayla