Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting Online Newsletter!

      Shop Online

      Classes

      Find Kaye On TV

      Free Quilting Projects

      Contact Other Quilters

      Links

      Newsletter

      Contact Us

      Kaye's Quilting Friends Logo
      Subscribe To Our Free Newsletter
      Check Your Order
      Search Our Online Store!:

      Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and

      Sewing Online Newsletter

      Hey everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy new year! Because of the weather being so dreary, I thought I'd share some of my favorite vacation photos with all of you. Nah, just kidding! I've only been on an actual vacation once and it didn't behold any beautiful wonders like these. I put them on my Christmas list, but I think Santa forgot me! Oh well, I'll have to try harder next year. Until then, I still enjoy looking at them and hope you do too.

      I haven't had a poem in quite a while and when I came across this one, I actually laughed out loud, enjoy!

      The Month After Christmas

      Twas the month after Christmas, when all through the house. Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse! The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, at the holiday parties had gone to my waist! I remember the marvelous meals all prepared, the gravies and sauces, the beef "nicely rared". The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese and the way I NEVER said,"No, thank you, please." As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt and prepared once again to do battle with dirt, I said to myself (as only I can)," You can't spend the winter disguised as a MAN"! So away with the last of the sour cream dip, get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip! Every last bit of food that I like must be banished, till all of the additional ounces have vanished! I won't have a cookie not even a lick, I'll want only to chew on a celery stick! I won't have hot biscuits or corn bread or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry. I'm hungry...I'm lonesome...and life is a bore! But isn't that what January is for? Unable to giggle no longer a riot! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD DIET! AUTHOR UNKNOWN

      Now remember, we're back on schedule for the specials. One special every two weeks and the monthly special.

      Bi-weekly Special

      This week we have a very popular book by the queen of Stack-n-Whack, Bethany Reynolds! If you're not familiar with the Stack-n-Whack method, let me explain. As according to Bethany, the Stack-n-Whack method is an easy way to create blocks with unique kaleidoscope designs. This method engages your eyes and mind through each step, from cutting, to piecing, to finishing. New designs emerge and change like patterns in a kaleidoscope! Never boring, certainly challenging, but easy enough for even beginners to do! This book includes 12 new quilt patterns using three of Bethany's simple methods. From classic to contemporary, in no time you will be making butterflies, fans, flowers, optical illusions and much more using the Stack-n-Whackier method! Filled with color illustrations, measurement charts for each project and paper templates, this book has it all and more. This week when you buy Bethany's Stack-n-Whackier book for $21.95, your s/h will be only $1.99! That's a savings of $4 to you! Add Bethany's trademark Stack-n-Whack ruler and your s/h will remain the same. Order today and soon you too will be a true Stack-n-Whackier quilter! This special lasts for 2 weeks, so check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      BUY STACK-N-WHACKIER AND S/H IS ONLY $1.99!

      ADD THE COMPANION RULER, S/H STILL $1.99!

      HINT***When you order the Stack-n-Whackier special, you automatically qualify for the monthly special! Check it out below!

      Monthly Special

      To start the New Year off right, we decided a free gift was in order. So, for the month of January, whenever you spend $15 or more, you will receive FREE, Kaye's Strip Quilting Projects 2! Strip Quilting Projects 2 is a great book for any beginner or intermediate quilter! This book features the denim and bandanna quilt but includes log cabin variations and projects for place mats, wall hangings, Christmas stars, reversible baskets and several scrap quilts. Yours FREE when you spend $15 or more!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      Free when you spend $15 or more!

      WHERE IN THE WORLD IS KAYE?

      Here are some of the latest events Kaye will be appearing at.

      Arizona

      Phoenix Craft/Sewing Festival, 1/20/05-1/22/05 Call 1-800-71RUSTY http://www.craftandsewingfestival.com

      Colorado

      Denver Creative Festival, 1/27/05-1/30/05, Call 1-541-245-1296 http://www.creativefestival.com

      Ohio

      Cincinnati, Kramers Sew & Vac, 3/30/05 - 4/05/05

      Kentucky

      American Quilters Society, Consumer Show, 4/20/05-4/23/05 Call 1-502-898-7903

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      www.kayewood.com/teachingschedule.html

      What's New?

      Kaye's 1800 series, that's what! Soon to be released on a local PBS station near you, all new projects and guests! Contact your local PBS station for viewing times and availability.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Questions and Answers with Kaye.

      Q: How do you select guests to come on your show?

      K: We select teachers who have written patterns or books that we feel would interest our viewers. If you have a pattern or book, you can send it to us for review.

      Q: Where do you get your inspiration for all the different quilts you do.

      K: Sometimes I'll be inspired by a certain fabric that I think would look good a certain way. Sometimes different events, holidays, paintings or photos can spark an idea. You can find some kind of inspiration in everything you come in contact with and most of the time, you don't have to look very far.

      Q: What did you use to get the landscape effect in Strip Quilting Projects 8 and how?

      K: I just used a fabric metallic paint and painted over the fabric. Make sure if you want different texture and depth, you don't coat the fabric completely.

      USEFUL LINKS

      Hey gang, if you have an upcoming quilt show, seminar or anything else you'd like us to list, just let us know! We're glad to help you out and it will hopefully help with your attendance. Just click on the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      A quick way to find out what we have on sale is to click on the link below and put "sales" in the search box. All the items we have marked down or have on special should come up.

      PBS stations across the U.S. are showing Kaye's Quilting Friends. To check out viewing times or request that your PBS station air Kaye's Quilting Friends, just click the link below.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Check out BYU TV to see when and where Kaye's Quilting Friends is being broadcast. Just click on the link below.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends show.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      Calling all quilt guild members! Help us spruce up our guild page. Submit your details to Terrye and she'll put them up on our site. Click the link below and mail your info.

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=Please _List_Our_Guild!

      You can check out the page you'll be featured on by clicking the link below.

      New entries to check out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Check out our quilting dictionary. If you're not sure about a term you can check it out here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/definitions.html

      Check out Kaye's tips page. Lots of free useful info for you!

      http://www.kayewood.com/tips.html

      Ask questions, make new friends, exchange ideas, it's all here on our message board. Just click the link below to get started.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forums

      FINALE

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! May you have a happy, successful, safe New Year! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting! :-)

      Take Care, Joyce Horn

      Copyright 2005 Kaye Wood, Inc

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.

      copyright Kaye Wood, Inc 2005, 1-800-248-KAYE (5293)
      webmaster