Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 11.9.11 - Hunter's Orange and Camo!

  • Terrye Kinch/ Kaye Wood, Inc
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • Community Quilt Connection/LoveQuilt
      • Kaye's Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show in West Branch, MI
      • Show and Tell
      • West Branch Seminar
      • What's New
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Lazy Girl Tips
      • CraftGossip
      • List Your Events!
      • This Day in History
      • QSC Expos

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is making sure to sport his Hunter Orange....Follow us!

      Kaye's Schedule

      • 11.12 -- West Branch, MI

      48661

      Are you ready for your annual Deer Season? Gotta stay out of the woods that's for sure, and that's too bad, when it's not cold and drizzly, walking in the woods is a favorite activity!

      What's On Sale....

      During November, we will have lots and lots of stuff on sale. You can access anything that's on sale on our SALE page.

      You can also keep track of our holiday sales HERE

      Buy any of Lazy Girl Designs Purse, Bag or Tote and get your choice of colors of Lazy Girl's Handy Tabs FREE. Go to our shopping cart, here: http://www.kayewood.com/sale and enter "lazy" into the search box. Any of the Lazy Girl patterns are fair game, but be sure to list your choice of colors (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) in the comments section of the shopping cart!

      Want to be surprised? Let us choose the colors for you....

      It's Mitten Weather! So, for one week, until 11.16.11, you can get any of our mitten patternsfor $8.00 each, or get all 3 patterns for only $22.00!

      Check them out on our sale page HERE!

      From left to right, Woolies Adult Mittens, Toasties Children's Mittens and on the bottom is shown our Woolies Adult Mittens Pattern

      Lots More On Our Sale Pages!

      Just a few days left to sign up for Kaye's West Branch, MI Lecture. This Saturday from 10-3:30. Includes Lunch. Only $35.00!

      (click here to sign up!)

      You've seen Kaye strip her quilts for 40 seasons on PBS-TV on Kaye's Quilting Friends. Now watch her strip in person.

      Making quilts can be easier than you think with Kaye's original techniques.

      Something for everyone - from beginner to more advanced, Pointless or Pointed people!

      Lots of ideas for your next project!

      Learn to eliminate the slow-downs in quiltmaking.

      Kaye also shares some of the funny things that have happened to her on the road to quilting.

      A Special "Thanks" to the following shops for helping us to advertise Kaye's Seminar!

      • Caroline's Sewing Room in West Branch, MI
      • Quilt-n-Bee in Traverse City, MI
      • Front Porch Quilts in Frankenmuth, MI
      • Bittersweet Quilt Shop in Pinconning, MI

      Community Quilt Connection Inc/ LoveQuilt Connection

      Here's the 411 on Mary Kaeser's LoveQuilt Connection. She's been approved for the Pepsi Refresh Everything project and you can help make the dream a reality!

      Community Quilt Connection, Inc. / LoveQuilt needs your help.
      We have had our equipment in storage for two years. You have a chance to help us get a location. It is VERY easy and costs NOTHING!! Okay, it does cost your time.Go to this website and signup to vote on project ideas.You have 5 votes PER DAY until Nov 30. We need one of those votes.Then you have 4 votes for others; but DON'T vote for anyone else in the $50,000.

      Here is the website http://www.refresheverything.com/helpcommunityquiltconnection

      Now GO VOTE and pass the word!

      And LIKE us on FaceBook

      Call For Show and Tell Entries....

      Send them in so we can feature your creations!

      Email your pictures and the story behind them to terrye@...

      Quilt I designed and made this year for our 2nd granddaughter. I made up the verse as I designed it. Made with Nana’s hands, sending hugs and kisses from her and Papa’s hearts,
      Sweet dreams Eva Rae.....Cindy

      See all of our Show and Tell Entries!

      What's New In Our Store....

      Just 2 Tea Towels Christmas Set

      Make any one of these projects out of two tea towels or less!

      Just add scraps for the appliques, buttons, and rickrack.

      Includes instructions for a short apron, long apron and two tea towels.

      Features Santa, one of his reindeer and a pocket full of candy canes!

      Special Button Sets for our Fall and Christmas Tea Towels Aprons

      These button packs includes all of the buttons needed for the Just 2 Tea Towels- Christmas and Fall Sets.

      Lots more new stuff too, Check it all our on our What's new page! Seriously, we're adding products every day!

      The pattern is FREE, Here,

      and is an awesome pattern to practice using your Starmaker 6! What? Didn't get your yet? Hurry, they're on sale 1/2 price until Friday....

      This Week on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Make a Christmas Tree Skirt from the pattern for this beautiful wallhanging!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      My best tip is to use the best quality materials that you can afford. Also, I ALWAYS measure twice....Loralyn

      Always make sure you are using sharp cutters and sissors. And be sure to
      use good, sharp (new) needles when hand sewing your project....Deanne

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      If not, you missed out on the opportunity to get some of our patterns at discounts only available to our FaceBook group!

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      About the Lazy Girl Handy Tabs....

      You can add a hanging option to our purses and totes if you want to – it’s completely optional and depends on how you plan to use them. A short ribbon and a clip are nice to hang our smaller bags from your purse handle. A longer ribbon might be nice for a wrist strap. And with a long ribbon and a clip, you can feed the clip through a belt loop and clip it to the ribbon creating a loop. Our Handy Tabs are finished on all edges and ready to sew into place.

      On Joan's Blog is a post on choosing and attaching handles to your creations:

      http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/clover-needlecraft/how-to-choose-and-attach-fashion-handles

      One of our favorite sites for quilting ideas is CraftGossip! Check them out, they have all kinds of crafting sections.

      List Your Event....

      This Day in History....
      • 1888 Jack the Ripper killed his last victim, Mary Jane Kelly.
      • 1938 Nazis burned and looted temples and Jewish-owned stores and houses in Germany and Austria in what became known as Kristallnacht (Crystal Night—referring to broken glass on streets).
      • 1953 Author-poet Dylan Thomas died in New York at age 39.
      • 1965 A switch at a station near Niagara Falls failed. The Northeast and parts of Canada went dark for more than 13 hours.
      • 1970 Former French president Charles De Gaulle died at age 79.
      • 1989 Borders between East and West Germany were opened and the Berlin Wall began to be dismantled the next day.

      Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      January in Oklahoma!

      Have A Great Week!

      Kaye, Terrye and Kayla

      Stop by and meet us at the Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show in West Branch, on November 12, 2011!

      800-248-5293