Happy New Year From Kaye's Quilting Friends!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Site!
      PO Box 456
      West Branch , MI   48661
      Phone:  1_800_248_KAYE(5293)
      Website:
      http://www.kayewood.com

      Quilting E-Newsletter, Special Sales, Tips and Techniques, and Quilting and Sewing Ebooks and Epatterns, here, at kayewood.com!

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        Happy New Year From Kaye's Quilting and Sewing Site!

        ****

        Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

        Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****Tuesday, January 3rd.****

        Hey everyone! A very happy 2006 to all. I do love ringing in the New Year. Being with my family, great food, watching the ball drop, staying up late, it's all good! There's only one thing I don't like about it, and that's people asking what resolutions I made for the upcoming year. Why? Because I just can't stick to them, so I vowed a long time ago not to make them. Some people might consider this a cop out and they're probably right, but that's just way too much of a commitment for me to make. So instead of disappointing myself, I just avoid the whole thing. Thinking about that while I was writing this, I did feel I should have some words of wisdom, guidance or deep thought for our readers, so I scoured the internet. Finally on, can you believe it, a resolutions site, I found the missive below. No one had signed their name to take any credit for it, but I felt I had finally found a few words I could live by.

        RESOLUTIONS FOR AVOIDING MISERY

        Choose to love, rather than hate. ~ Choose to smile, rather than frown. ~ Choose to build, rather than destroy. ~ Choose to persevere, rather than quit. ~ Choose to praise, rather than gossip. ~ Choose to heal, rather than wound. ~ Choose to give, rather than take. ~ Choose to act, rather than delay. ~ Choose to forgive, rather than curse. ~ Choose to pray, rather than despair. Anonymous

        To download this newsletter, just click on the link.

        If you have a child in your life, you will love this book by Ami Simms called Picture Play Quilts! What is a Picture Play Quilt? A Picture Play Quilt is made with fabric that inspires conversation with lots of pictures you can name. Also called novelty fabric, hunting the fabric is half the fun! These quilts are made to be played with and come in all sizes and shapes! Use them as an excuse to take a break and sit down with the favorite little person in your life, and play some of the 24 games Ami includes in this book. Also included are 15 easy patterns with 10 free plastic templates. Filled with color photos, discover Ami's way of Doodle Quilting, OTF Patchwork and how to make your first rearrangeable quilt! You haven't quilted till you Picture Play Quilt! Click the link for more information!

        http://www.kayewood.com/onlinecat/k1002.html

        Some of the quilts from Picture Play Quilts.

        Brand New Special!

        Are you ready to Stack-n-Whack? Well, Bethany Reynolds is just the one to show you how! What is the Stack-n-Whack method? It is an easy way to create blocks with unique kaleidoscope designs. Rather than finding and cutting each piece individually, a quilter can cut and layer a number of large rectangles to make a stack. This makes a set of identical pieces that will create the kaleidoscope effect for one block, when the stack is cut! Sound easy? With Bethany's step-by-step instructions, you'll be stacking-n-whacking in no time! This book includes ideas for selecting fabric, supply list, along with full directions and charts to make the 12 new quilt patterns in this book. The beautiful pictures will inspire quilters of any level with patterns for all skill levels. Some of the techniques include butterflies, fans, flowers, optical illusions and many more!

        When you order this book, you can also purchase the Stack-n-Whack 45 degree Triangle Tool for half price! This tool goes hand in hand with Bethany's Stack-n-Whackier and Stack-n-Whack books! Also, for this special only, when you order the book and tool, your s/h on these two items will be only $2.99! That's a total savings of $11 on this package! This offer is good for two weeks, so order today! Shipping offer available in Continental US only.

        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

        Some of the beautiful quilts from Stackier-n-Whackier!

        January means a new monthly special!

        This is a must have book for any quilter! Kaye truly believes "Everyone Can Quilt", and she doesn't hesitate to show you how! From beginner to expert, pointed or pointless, this book has something for everyone! With over 24 unique patterns from pot holders to bed quilts, Kaye shows you how to do it quick and easy! Great, time saving tips and techniques, along with paper templates, gives you all the things you need to make your quilting dream a reality! Beautiful pictures of Kaye's work are included to inspire and humorous stories of Kaye's adventures in quilting, told only as Kaye can, will give you a chuckle as you quilt! Purchase Everyone Can Quilt through the month of January and your s/h on this book will be only $1.99! Sorry, this offer good only in the Continental US.

        http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

        Some of the beautiful quilts from Everyone Can Quilt!

        Show & Tell

        This week our featured Show & Tell, is none other then Kaye's office manager Brenda! She's been blessed with a couple new grandchildren this year and as far as quilts go, she has risen to the occasion!

        This quilt was made for my granddaughter, Kylee Ann Donaldson. It is the Twisted Sisters pattern, by Ami Simms. The Batik fabrics were purchased in Jamaica.

        If you'd like to view other beautiful quilts and stories, just click the link below!

        If you'd like to submit your quilt for our Show & Tell page, read on!

        Don't be out of the loop! We now have a page to feature your favorite quilts called Show & Tell! Just send or email us a non-returnable picture, along with a description in 50 words or less of the story behind your quilt. What inspired you? Was it for a special person or event in your life? After the New Year, we will feature a different one in our newsletter! Don't miss out on the chance to, "toot your own horn" a little bit! You can send us your letters to the address below, or email your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail address below.

        Kaye Wood

        C/O Show & Tell

        terrye@...?subject="show_n_tell"

        Links 4-U

        QNN

        Can't get Kaye's Quilting Friends on your television? Well, how about seeing Kaye on your computer?! You can catch Kaye's Quilting Friends at least 5 times a day on QNN! Each show a different episode, QNN is the only online programming dedicated to quilters. 24/7, you can get your quilting fix at QNN.

        http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/

        Just Ask Kaye!

        Do you have a question about quilting? Just ask Kaye! Kaye will try to answer any and all questions you might have about quilting and the quilting world! Just click on the link and ask away!

        terrye@...?subject=questions

        Quilting Cruise

        Have you ever wanted to cruise Alaska, hang with Kaye Wood and do some quilting? Have we got the trip for you! Join Kaye's Alaskan Quilting Cruise, June 6th thru June 11th, 2006! For more info e-mail the link or call the number.

        http://www.cruiseone.com / 1-800-784-4480

        Upcoming Events

        Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

        Phoenix, AZ***Arizona State Fairgrounds

        1/26 thru 1/28, 2006

        http://www.rustybarn.com/

        Creative Festival

        Denver, CO

        2/3 thru 2/6, 2006

        http://www.creativefestival.com or 505-323-0025

        Sewing and Stitchery Expo

        Puyallup, WA

        3/2 thru 3/5, 2006

        http://www.sewexpo.com or 253-445-4632

        Ottawa, Canada/St. Mary's Church

        Saturday- 3/25, 2006

        1 Canfield Road Nepean, Ontario

        Contact: Jody Taylor at 613-828-1183

        Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada/Clarington Beech Centre

        Sunday- 3/26, 2006

        26 Beech Ave.

        Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada L1C 3A2

        Contact: Cheryl Wray at 905-623-3589

        Kaye Wood, Inc., PO Box 456 , West Branch , MI 48661

        To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

        mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

        Be sure to tell us why you want to unsub, it helps to know what people want and don't want.

      • kincht
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
          Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter January 3, 2007

          I'm having some problems with the Yahoo list accepting my HTML messages, so I'm sending this in text. Hopefully we can get it worked out and you can continue to view your Kaye's Quilting Friends newsletter complete with all the cool pictures and images you're used to.

          As you know, we live in Northern Michigan and there wasn't one flake
          of snow for Christmas this year! A lot of people in Michigan are a
          bit upset because of our lack of snow and cold weather. I know for
          the resorts, it's really tough considering they are usually
          blanketed in that white stuff! But for your everyday girl like me,
          this winter weather couldn't be better! I've only scraped my windows
          once and I'm still wearing my fall jacket! Driving has been
          absolutely no problem and everyone in my family made it for the
          holidays, safe and sound and not snowed in at a hotel or airport.
          Yes, I rather like this winter weather. Of course you know, I
          probably just jinxed myself right? I'm sure I'll wake up in the
          morning with snow up to my bumpers and a wind chill of 20 below! Oh
          well, even if that does happen, it's been nice while it lasted!
          I don't want to get into the whole resolution or in my case, no
          resolution, New Year bit. I'm just going to run some words of advice
          I printed last year, that holds true for this year too. I know it's
          a little late, but you know, better late then never, right?

          RESOLUTIONS FOR AVOIDING MISERY
          Choose to love, rather than hate. ~ Choose to smile, rather than
          frown. ~ Choose to build, rather than destroy. ~ Choose to
          persevere, rather than quit. ~ Choose to praise, rather than gossip.
          ~ Choose to heal, rather than wound. ~ Choose to give, rather than
          take. ~ Choose to act, rather than delay. ~ Choose to forgive,
          rather than curse. ~ Choose to pray, rather than despair. Anonymous
          To all of our readers and viewers, may your life as you head into
          the New Year and 2007, be filled with joy, blessed with great health
          and overflowing with love! To you and all of yours, have a
          wonderful, safe, healthy and blessed New Year!
          From your friends at Kaye's Quilting Friends.

          Check It Out!
          Calling all cat lovers, we have Cats et al!
          -For all of you cat lovers, this "too cute" pattern from Margie
          Engel, will show where your heart is! Bright colored kitties come
          out to play on this 39"x26" wall quilt. This pattern comes with
          full size appliqué designs, ready for tracing directly on the
          fusible web and can be one or multi pieced as shown. Use organza or
          plastic for the fishbowl and you're in business! This pattern is
          great for beginning machine appliqué enthusiasts and can be
          completed very quickly. Cats et al is available for a limited time,
          so order yours today!
          -
          New Special
          We're putting on sale, all of the overstock patterns from
          our, "Check It Out" series! 1.99 shipping whether you buy one or all
          four! (prices adjusted in the office). This is the last time these
          patterns will be available to you and there are only a limited
          amount of them. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served
          basis. So don't stop to think about it, order them now while they
          last!
          http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
          -
          Monthly Special
          -Are you ready to Stack-n-Whack? Well, Bethany Reynolds is just the
          one to show you how! What is the Stack-n-Whack method? It is an easy
          way to create blocks with unique kaleidoscope designs. Rather than
          finding and cutting each piece individually, a quilter can cut and
          layer a number of large rectangles to make a stack. This makes a set
          of identical pieces that will create the kaleidoscope effect for one
          block, when the stack is cut! Sound easy? With Bethany's step-by-
          step instructions, you'll be stacking-n-whacking in no time! This
          book includes ideas for selecting your fabric, full supply lists,
          along with complete directions and charts, to make the 12 quilt
          patterns in this book. The beautiful pictures will inspire any
          quilter, with patterns for all skill levels. Some of the techniques
          include butterflies, fans, flowers, optical illusions and many more!
          When you order this book, you can also purchase the Stack-n-Whack 45
          degree Triangle Tool for half price! This tool goes hand in hand
          with Bethany's Stack-n-Whackier book! Also, for this special only,
          when you order the book and tool, your s/h on these two items will
          be only $2.99! (US and Canada only - prices are adjusted in the
          office).That's a total savings of $11 on this package! So take out
          those quilting frustrations and stack-n-whack today!
          http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html
          Just a few of the beautiful quilts from the Stack-n-Whackier book.
          - - - - -
          Let's Hear It For Kaye Wood!
          -Kudos to you Kaye Wood! Kaye has just completed her 40th television
          series as hostess of Kaye's Quilting Friends! That's a remarkable
          520 fun and inspiring programs, Kaye has brought to all of us in the
          past 20 years! Being one of the longest running quilting shows in
          the US, Kaye prides herself on teaching quick and easy tips and
          techniques, that you can value for a lifetime! From beginner to
          expert, you will always find a useful tip on Kaye's Quilting
          Friends! Kaye's all new series will be available beginning February
          11th, 2007 on PBS stations throughout America! Check with your PBS
          station now to see if they air Kaye's Quilting Friends!
          -
          It's Here...It's Here...It's Here!!!
          Be the first on your block to enjoy the all new Kayewoodtv.com!
          We are so proud and excited to be able to bring this to our readers
          and viewers! Read on to find out more about Kayewoodtv.com!
          -
          We would like to invite you to sit back and enjoy the all new
          KayeWoodTV.com website. Here you will find exceptional TV programs
          offering you a wide variety of quilting and sewing projects for
          every skill level.
          Just click the link and watch these streaming shows right from your
          computer!
          www.KAYEWOODTV.com

          Programs are viewed best with a high speed connection.
          Happy New Year from Kaye Wood and Kayewoodtv.com!
          -
          Share With Us!
          Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd
          like to share? We are always open to new things and would like to
          hear about them. Just e-mail it to me at the address below and it
          could find a place in our newsletter!
          mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus
          1) About scissors on planes: The TSA has relaxed the requirement for
          no scissors. Scissors under 4" with rounded tips are permitted.
          Gingher's Pocket Scissors fit the category. I was on a flight home
          from Georgia, when a flight attendant said he'd have to take my
          scissors. I quoted the TSA ruling and he walked away. Nor did
          anyone else come ask for my scissors. I think the flight attendants
          may be the last to hear of any changes, because this one has been
          out for a year. You can go to the TSA website and download carryon
          information. Merry Christmas to all! Cecelia M., Edna, TX
          2) I have a hard time threading needles, especially the ones already
          in my machines. So when I have to, I put a tiny drop of Fray Check
          on my index finger. I pull about the last 1/4 inch of thread I'm
          using, through the Fray Check, while squeezing the thread between my
          thumb and index finger. It makes threading the needle a breeze.
          Kitte C.
          3) Now that my holiday projects are done and gone, I start a journal
          for the new year. I try to take an inventory of everything I have
          and list it in my journal. A little daunting I know, but that way
          I'm sure of what I have and how much of it. I list projects I still
          might be working on, projects I need to start and the supplies I
          need for it. Now I can refer to my inventory list to see if I have
          everything or have to purchase anything. As I use a certain item, I
          deduct it from my inventory, so it is always current. Yes, it takes
          a lot of work, but it is sooo worth it in the long run, and I'm
          never in the middle of a project and running out of something. It's
          a great way to keep track of my projects too! Joyce L., Westland, MI
          -
          Free Tip
          In a quilters best dream, all of our rows would be equal in length.
          But, we live in the real world. Rows may not be the same length and
          that's alright. Quilting is supposed to be fun and ripping out
          definitely is not! If you have to trim your strips, make sure you
          trim the top and bottom equal amounts. To help improve your skills,
          here are some check points to consider when you're having problems.
          1. Were the strips all cut the same width and cut accurately?
          2. Were the seam allowances all the same?
          3. Did you press without steam, from the right side of the fabric?
          Checking these things can save you a lot of time and one big
          headache!

          Show & Tell
          Here are more beautiful quilts for you to check out, from our
          readers! Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and
          stories with us! I know everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

          If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts submitted by our
          readers, click the link.
          If you'd like to submit your quilt to our Show & Tell page, you can
          mail a non-returnable picture, along with the story about your
          quilt, to the address below. 50 words or less please. Your other
          option is to e-mail your picture and story to Terrye, at the e-mail
          address below. We'd love the chance to show off your work, so send
          them in!
          -
          Upcoming Events
          These are some of the scheduled events for 2007. We will add more
          events and links as they become available.
          Attention: Quilters in the Prescott, Arizona area!
          Alright people, now is the time to start making plans to attend this
          fantastic seminar with Kaye Wood! Buddy up, share rides, whatever it
          takes, because you won't want to miss out on this fun day with Kaye!
          Tickets are selling fast, so make that call and reserve your seat,
          while there are still seats to get!
          Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show by Kaye Wood
          Elks Opera House-Prescott, AZ
          February 16, 2007
          For ticket prices and additional information call: 1-800-248-5293
          Kaye has added a new date to her event calendar and she's coming to
          your town! You won't want to miss the fun and excitement, as Kaye
          shows you how to "strip" the Kaye Wood way! Always informative,
          always entertaining, Kaye will have you in stitches with her
          lecture/demo! The date for the event is February 16, 2007 at the
          Elks Opera House in Prescott, Arizona! Space is limited, so get your
          group together and plan for a fun day with Kaye!
          ************************************
          Sewing Expo-Puyallup, WA
          March 1-4, 07
          http://www.sewexpo.com
          ************************************
          AQS-Paducah, KY
          April 25-29, 07
          http://www.americanquilter.com
          ************************************
          Come Cruise the Mediterranean with Kaye in 2007!
          Join Kaye Wood and Sew Many Places, for a great Mediterranean
          quilting cruise!
          http://www.sewmanyplaces.com
          -
          Our catalog is available online at anytime, 24/7! Convenient for you
          whenever you want to check things out!
          http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8058/index.cgi

          Finale
          Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need
          anything or if we can help you out in any way! From all of us at
          Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep
          quilting!
          Kaye Wood, Inc.,
          PO Box 456, West Branch , MI 48661
          If you prefer to place your order by phone, you can call us toll-
          free at:
          This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's
          Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive
          announcements of news, events and special promotions. To
          unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:
          mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsub

          Kaye's Quilting Friends Quilting and Sewing Site!
          Phone: 1_800_248_KAYE(5293)
          Website: http://www.kayewood.com

          New: Watch Kaye's Quilting Friends on your computer! Just go to our
          home page.