Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 9.28.11. Mittens! It's All About Mittens!

  • Terrye Kinch/ Kaye Wood, Inc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • Quilting Indulgences Boxes
      • West Branch, MI
      • Show and Tell
      • What's New
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Tips
      • Recipes Wanted....
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Did You Know
      • List Your Events!
      • This Day in History
      • QSC Expos

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is incognito this week!....Follow us!

      Kaye's Schedule

      • 10.8 -- West Branch, MI
      • 10.28-10.31 -- Houston, TX

      48661

      One More Week - In honor of September being National Sewing Month, we're having a Blog Contest!

      Click HERE for info.

      Hi Quilters!
      This week it's all about the mittens! Whether quilted, knitted, fur, leather, short or long you have to admit, we need them! And it just so happens that we've got an awesome new mitten pattern in the shop this week. Seems like "the season", for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere anyway, is rapidly approaching, so we're going to give you a special sale on our new Toastie Mittens! Aren't they cute? You make them super warm and then finish them off with your own style!

      What's On Sale....

      Our New Mitten Pattern!

      Regularly priced at $12.00, but this week, the introductory price is only $10.00!

      The best thing about these guys is that they actually FIT!

      They are toastie with the thick, warm sherpa lining doubled up with cotton batting. You add your finishing touches on the tops of the mittens for one of a kind pair every time. The pattern includes full size pattern pieces and comes with a unique "Mitten Minder" set which allows you to hook these oversized beauties onto your purse strap. To loose one would be a pity.
      Don't forget all of the other items on our sale pages, clearance items, discontinued merchandise, and other discounted patterns.....

      On Our Sale Pages!

      Quilting Indulgences Boxes....

      Our Quilting Indulgences Boxes October theme will be Halloween. This box, will go on sale October 14th. Time to be determined. A note.... please use a credit card when ordering. If you specify that you'd rather send a check, by the time your check gets here the boxes will be long gone!

      West Branch, MI One Day Seminar....

      Be sure to join us in gorgeous West Branch, MI Oct 8, 2011 during the peak of the fall colors for our one-day lecture/demo/trunk show and seminar.

      Sign up HERE!

      If you've ever seen Kaye do one of her seminars you know how much fun they are. And, she's back with new patterns, new stories and just as much fun as ever. But hurry....Seats are limited!

      Our Reader's Show and Tell....

      This was my first quilt made for my granddaughter Blair's second birthday (January, 2007). Her favorite thing in the entire world was a bear in rainbow colors she took with her wherever she went. The bear on the back of her quilt was to remind her of her favorite toy....Marie

      Check out all of our Show and Tell entries, and click on the pictures to make them bigger!

      Call For Show and Tell Entries....

      Send them in so we can feature your creations!

      Email your pictures and the story behind them to terrye@...

      And Be sure to join us in West Branch, MI on Oct 8, 2011 For Kaye's own Show and Tell!

      What's New In Our Store....

      Stephanie Bag

      Mega sized with mega eye appeal.

      What's it for? Well, we've heard suggestions such as carrying boots and work clothes, hauling treats to work and everything else you've gotta take with you, overnight bag, shopping bag, book bag, gym bag,you name it and this king sized catcher will handle it all.

      And of course it was designed to be just a regular large purse!!

      This Week on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Fast! Easy! Totally something you can have done for the weekend!

      Square Knot Quilting Pattern by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      We all have more than one project going at a time. I take a simple project and when I would need to cut the thread, I simply take that easy pattern and sew one piece of the block. Before you know it, you have another block completed.....Sandy

      I keep a canvas 'sewing bag' ready to grab if I think I might have some time to wile away. I've drug it on road trips where I may not have to drive all of the time, track meets for my children where you often have time between events (and most teens do not like a hovering parent), sitting in a hospital room, etc. over the years. This helps me to not get anxious about all I should be doing at home. I always have scissors, various types of thread, and needles, cross stitch books, quilting magazines, patterns I want to study, and a couple of small unfinished projects in it. It has traveled over many miles and years of events with me. This idea has often kept me feeling content and productive....Mary Alice

      We asked and your provided, but we need more!

      What We Want....

      Apple Pie Recipes!

      What You Have To Do....

      Send us your favorite Apple Pie Recipe (crust recipe included, even if it's a store bought cruse)

      email it to Terrye

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      If not, you missed out on the opportunity to get some of our patterns at discounts only available to our FaceBook group!

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      Did You Know....

      Thread has been an important staple all through history, ever since the first garments were made. Strips of animal hide served as the first thread, holding the larger pieces of hides and fur together. History states that the Egyptians were among the first to spin thread using plant fibers, but also utilizing wool and hair from domestic animals. In later decades, the Japanese and Chinese discovered the beauty of silk fibers spun as thread and made into cloth.
      By the Middle Ages with the opening of the Silk Road to Asia, as well as vast improvements in processing and shipping wool, many new forms of popular needlework were started, including woven tapestries.
      With the Industrial Revolution, thread making moved out of the home and into the factories, equipped with high speed machines. These machines allowed thread to be made faster and with fewer flaws. Manufacturers experimented with many types of fibers, till a wider variety of threads, that were stronger and more diverse in color were created.
      These days, there are three basic types of thread created, based on their origin of either animal, plant or synthetic. Silk thread is decidedly the best because of it's strength and elasticity. Silk is often woven onto regular threads for added strength, while pure silk thread is used in finer clothing. Cotton threads are the most common and are made from the cellulose of plants. Cotton threads could shrink and they do not stretch. Nylon and polyester threads are used for synthetics and stretch knits and do not shrink.
      Thread has gone through vast changes over the years becoming a staple we cannot do without. Whether it be clothing, blankets, etc., thread will help keep it together.

      List Your Event....

      This Day in History....
      • 1542 Portuguese explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo arrived at present-day San Diego.
      • 1781 The closing campaign of the American Revolution at Yorktown Heights, Va. began.
      • 1920 Eight Chicago White Sox players were indicted for fixing the 1919 World Series in the "Black Sox scandal."
      • 1924 Two U.S. Army planes landed in Seattle after completing the first round-the-world-flight in 175 days.
      • 1939 A German-Soviet agreement divided Poland between Nazi Germany and the USSR.
      • 1967 Walter Washington became the first mayor of the District of Columbia.
      • 1972 Japan and Communist China agreed to re-establish diplomatic relations.
      • 1989 Former Philippine President Ferdinand E. Marcos died in exile in Hawaii.
      • 1991 Jazz great Miles Davis died.
      • 2003 Althea Gibson, the first African-American tennis player to win at Wimbledon, died.

      Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      October in Nebraska!

      Have A Great Week!

      Kaye, Terrye and Kayla

      Stop by and meet us at the Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show in West Branch, on October 8, 2011!

      800-248-5293