Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 7.20.11 - North! To Alaska!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011

      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      In This Issue....
      • Join Us In Alaska!
      • What's On Sale
      • New Prices on DVDs
      • Alert, Alert, Alert
      • What's New
      • Alaska in August
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Hoop Sisters
      • List Your Events!
      • Kaye on TV
      • This Day in History

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is pretty in pink....Follow us!

      Kaye's Schedule

      • 8.19-8.27 -- Fairbanks, AK
      • 9.7-9.11 - Madison, WI
      • 9.21-9.26 -- Novi, MI
      • 10.8 -- West Branch, MI
      • 10.28-10.31 -- Houston, TX

      48661

      Soon I will be on my way to Alaska.
      Alaska is a very interesting state. It is very large; but there aren't too many people. Several people I know went to Alaska to visit and decided to stay. There must be something that pull them there.
      My son, a medical engineer, and his family were assigned there by the Air Force. At first they were stationed in Anchorage, so that gave me a reason to visit there. They then went to California, but jumped at the chance to return to Alaska, this time to the Fairbanks area, where I have visited a few times, specifically in North Pole.
      They tell me that they live in the coldest and the hottest place in Alaska. I do not intend to find out about the coldest, but I have been in North Pole when the temperature hit 90°. And I do love the long summer days.
      There seem to be lots of quilters in the Fairbanks area and several quilt shops. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of them. I am taking lots of quilts for my day long seminar, on Tuesday Aug. 23, so I can share lots of my original techniques for speeding up the quiltmaking process.  On the 20th of August, I will be teaching a sit-and-sew class for quilters who want to try out some of my techniques.
      If you are a quilter in the Fairbanks area, I am looking forward to meeting you.

      What's On Sale....

      3 QuiltSmart Kits and a Pattern, chosen just for you. Marked down just for this sale.

      Game Quilt Kit

      Reg Price -$32.95 On Sale $25.00

      DVD - 12.00

      Market Bag Pattern Reg Price -$14.95 On Sale $10

      Lone Star Kit

      Reg Price -$22.95 On Sale $15.00

      Mariner's Compass Kit

      Reg Price -$32.95 On Sale $25.00

      New Prices on DVDs....

      All of our DVDs are now $12.00. This isn't a sale, we are reducing their price permanently. Even if they are still marked at $18.00, we will only charge you $12.00!

      Alert Alert Alert....

      A special sale on all of our remaining VHS copies of Kaye's Quiltng Friends and Quilter's Toolbox Shows. Now we don't have these cataloged yet, but we do have at least one copy of most of the shows. Be sure to read the entire description so we know what you want. These are selling fast, and I'll finish cataloging them today. In the meantime, just let us know, in the comments section of the shopping cart, which shows you want, and if we have them, you'll get them for $5.00!

      MUST HAVE COPIES OF
      KAYE'S QUILTING FRIENDS AND QUILTER'S TOOLBOX SHOWS

      What's New In Our Store....

      Life in the Meadow DVD

      From the newest Quilting the Kaye Wood Way Series! There are 6 DVDs in this series and they've all been marked down to $12.00!

      Attention Denali, Ft Yukon, Tok and Bear Creek Quilters.

      Click HERE to sign up for our Alaska-in-August Seminar!

      This Week on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Game Quilt!

      Is it a quilt or a game board? It's both and you can have twice the fun, as you quilt it and then play the games with your family when it's done. Pattern instructions include how to makes curves without curved piecing, perfect intersections, and how to take those squares to your sewing machine in one piece. Pre-printed fusible interfacing, enough for one quilt, and instructions for playing the games are also provided.

      Games include Checkers, Mancala, Tic Tac Toe, Big Arc and Double Ring.

      Size: 51" x 60"

      DVD available of project featured on Kaye's Quilting Friends TV Show K1506.

      Yoo Hoo....Kennicott, Coldfoot and Trapper Creek Quilters.....
      Click HERE to sign up for our Fairbanks AK Seminar!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      I keep the trimmings from my quilt batting and roll them into balls. Best lint picker upper there is that doesn't cost any more money! Works great on blacks and reds! Use flat head pins. If it says baste, then baste, if it says 1/4" make sure that is what you are sewing. Measure twice and cut once.....Jeanne

      Beginning Quilter - my hint is to keep a wooden skewer at the sewing machine bed and use it instead of your finger for stitching, especially useful for miniatures.....Linda

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      If not, you missed out on the opportunity to get some of our patterns at discounts only available to our FaceBook group!

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      Are you from the towns of Chicken, Boundary, Northway or Old Crow? If so, you just may live in Alaska or the Yukon. And, if so....

      Click HERE to sign up for our Fairbanks AK Seminar!

      List Your Event....

      Kaye On TV....

      We get a lot of phone calls and emails asking where to find Kaye on their TV. The simple answer is we don't know, (sorry). Here's what to do. Call your PBS, cable and satellite providers and ask them. If they don't show it, ask them to add it to their lineup. Our shows are called Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilting The Kaye Wood Way.

      This Day in History....

      1738 - Canadian explorer Pierre Gaultier de Varennes et de La Verendrye reaches the western shore of Lake Michigan.

      1810 - Citizens of Bogota, New Granada declare independence from Spain.

      1871 - British Columbia joins the confederation of Canada.

      1903 - The Ford Motor Company ships its first car.

      1976 - The American Viking 1 Lander successfully lands on Mars.

      1977 - The Central Intelligence Agency releases documents under the Freedom of Information Act revealing it had engaged in mind control experiments.

      Have a great week and try to stay cool from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc