Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 7.7.11 - Birds!

  • Terrye Kinch / Kaye Wood Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • Alert, Alert, Alert
      • What's New
      • Alaska in August
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Rocky Mountain Sew Expo
      • List Your Events!
      • Kaye on TV
      • I've Learned
      • July 7, This Day in History

      "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird looking forward to the parade....Follow us!

      Kaye's Schedule

      • 8.19-8.27 -- Fairbanks, AK
      • 9.7-9.11 - Madison, WI
      • 9.21-9.26 -- Novi, MI
      • 10.8 -- West Branch, MI
      • 10.28-10.31 -- Houston, TX

      48661

      Did you have an AWESOME Fourth of July? Up here the weather was gorgeous, as always the scenery is breathtaking and a great day unfolded!

      What's On Sale....

      Londa's entire line! Her "Talking Patterns" and corresponding DVD have been marked down.

      What is a talking pattern? A "TALKING" Pattern comes with access to Londa's verbal tutorial for each and every step of each jacket at the associated webpages for each jacket as given in the pattern booklet. Totally cool! Not only do you get the pattern and instructions, but now you get a tutorial to help you also!

      Regular Price is $30.00, This week - $20.00
      Features Londa's Talking Patterns

      Creative Jacket Journey - Two DVD's in case. 4 hrs, 46 mins of instruction in designing, fitting, constructing and embellishing 2 different jackets

      Check out Londa's Knitted Hem video on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Regular Price is $14.00, This week - $10.00
      WorthyƂ Jacket Pattern

      Angular and asymmetrical, and grazing the high hip. This is a great sweatshirt conversion jacket destined to flatter all figure types.

      PLAY with this pattern, with the goal being the creation of a wonderful one-of-a-kind comfortable jacket WORTHY of you!

      Regular Price is $14.00, This week - $10.00
      Genesis Too

      Genesis Too features a classic cardigan neckline created from the sweatshirt's lower ribbing.

      Seeing the sweatshirt as "fabric and matching ribbing" serves to fast forward through fitting issues, and move the sleeve seam to the natural shoulder line.

      Added features include an extensive Embellishment Library full of techniques, photos, and design principles to guide and filter your decisions. This style is developed for beginner level sewers in mind.

      Alert Alert Alert....

      A special sale on all of our remaining VHS copies of Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilter's Toolbox Shows. Now we don't have these cataloged yet, but we do have at least one copy of most of the shows. Be sure to read the entire description so we know what you want. These are selling fast, and I'll finish cataloging them today. In the meantime, just let us know, in the comments section of the shopping cart, which shows you want, and if we have them, you'll get them for $5.00!

      MUST HAVE COPIES OF
      KAYE'S QUILTING FRIENDS AND QUILTER'S TOOLBOX SHOWS

      What's New In Our Store....

      Check out all of our new items, on our sale page, more new items coming this week. Including a special hand lotion containing willow bark to be added later this week. Perfect for soothing those cuts and pricks and sore joints.

      Made By Hand Hand Therapy Gel

      Coming soon.... a line of natural lotions, candles, and soaps. Totally Quilty. Totally Gifty!

      Brand New on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Kaye's Dresden Plate!!

      No Points to match on this Dresden Plate! Kaye's Chrysanthemum Dresden Plate Pattern is for beginners! Learn how to create this easy project with Faced Points as Kaye demonstrates using the Starmaker 5.

      Then use the Starmaker 5 Master Template to Fussy Cut your strips and get your Dresden Plate exactly the way you want it.

      DVD available of project featured on Quilting The Kaye Wood Way.

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      Beginning Quilter. My hint is to keep a wooden skewer at the sewing  machine bed and use it instead of your finger for stitching, especially useful for miniatures...Linda

      Several years ago somewhere I read a tip for sewing onto a piece of fabric when getting to the end of your seam to prevent the bird nests. Instead of using the same scrap over and over, use two pieces of fabric that you can use in a scrap quilt. I usually use 2 1/2" strip for binding, so I have a lot of those, which make wonderful half square triangles for a Friendship Star block. Two for one: quilt blocks, and no jamming....Eileen

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      If not, you missed out on the opportunity to get some of our patterns at discounts only available to our FaceBook group!

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      Held every year in February & July. Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest info about Workshops, Seminars, Vendors, Attractions and more.

      List Your Event....

      Kaye On TV....

      We get a lot of phone calls and emails asking where to find Kaye on their TV. The simple answer is we don't know, (sorry). Here's what to do. Call your PBS, cable and satellite providers and ask them. If they don't show it, ask them to add it to their lineup. Our shows are called Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilting The Kaye Wood Way.

      I've Learned....

      Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
      No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.
      We don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
      If you don't want to forget something, stick it in your underwear drawer.
      No matter the consequences, those who are honest with themselves, get farther in life.
      The people you care about most in life, are taken from you too soon.

      July 7 - This Day In History....

      The United States annexed Hawaii, 1898

      The Reader's Digest was founded, 1922

      First women were sworn as F.B.I. agents, 1972

      Have a great week from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!