Dec 28, 2004 Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2004
      Image newsletter for Tuesday, Dec. 28th.

      Kaye Wood's Quilting and Sewing Online Newsletter

      Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***Happy New Year***2005***

      Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was fantastic after we finally got everyone home! That storm across the US was something else! But after 2 days of standing in lines at the airport, the last of my family finally made it. To me, it really doesn't matter what jolly old St. Nick has in his bag for me as long as I'm with my family. They're messy, loud and somewhat obnoxious at times, but by golly, they're mine and I sure wouldn't want to be without them!

      Just a little FYI, we're back to our regular format. You will again get the newsletter on Tuesdays and the specials will consist of a monthly special and a bi-weekly special.

      If you have any questions for Kaye, just post them to Terrye or myself and we'll do our best to get them answered for you.

      If there is anything you might like to see in our newsletter that we don't already have, drop us an e-mail. I can't guarantee we'll use it, but we'll sure try our best.

      www.kayewood.com/newsletter.pdf

      Bi-weekly special

      This week we have a very popular book by the queen of Stack-n-Whack, Bethany Reynolds! If you're not familiar with the Stack-n-Whack method, let me explain. As according to Bethany, the Stack-n-Whack method is an easy way to create blocks with unique kaleidoscope designs. This method engages your eyes and mind through each step, from cutting, to piecing, to finishing. New designs emerge and change like patterns in a kaleidoscope! Never boring, certainly challenging, but easy enough for even beginners to do! This book includes 12 new quilt patterns using three of Bethany's simple methods. From classic to contemporary, in no time you will be making butterflies, fans, flowers, optical illusions and much more using the Stack-n-Whackier method! Filled with color illustrations, measurement charts for each project and paper templates, this book has it all and more. This week when you buy Bethany's Stack-n-Whackier book for $21.95, your s/h will be only $1.99! That's a savings of $4 to you! Add Bethany's trademark Stack-n-Whack ruler and your s/h will remain the same. Order today and soon you too will be a true Stack-n-Whackier quilter! This special lasts for 2 weeks, so check it out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sales.html

      BUY STACK-N-WHACKIER AND S/H IS ONLY $1.99!

      ADD THE COMPANION RULER, S/H STILL $1.99!

      HINT***When you order the Stack-n-Whackier special, you automatically qualify for the monthly special! Check it out below!

      Monthly special

      To start the New Year off right, we decided a free gift was in order. So, for the month of January, whenever you spend $15 or more, you will receive FREE, Kaye's Strip Quilting Projects 2! Strip Quilting Projects 2 is a great book for any beginner or intermediate quilter! This book features the denim and bandanna quilt but includes log cabin variations and projects for place mats, wall hangings, Christmas stars, reversible baskets and several scrap quilts. Yours FREE when you spend $15 or more!

      Free when you spend $15 or more!

      Happy 2005! Happy 2005!

      WHERE IN THE WORLD IS KAYE?

      Here are some of the latest events Kaye will be appearing at.

      Arizona

      Phoenix Craft/Sewing Festival, 1/20/05-1/22/05 Call 1-800-71RUSTY http://www.craftandsewingfestival.com

      Colorado

      Denver Creative Festival, 1/27/05-1/30/05, Call 1-541-245-1296 http://www.creativefestival.com

      Ohio

      Cincinnati, Kramers Sew & Vac, 3/30/05 - 4/05/05

      Kentucky

      American Quilters Society, Consumer Show, 4/20/05-4/23/05 Call 1-502-898-7903

      To check out more scheduled events for Kaye, just click on the link below.

      www.kayewood.com/teachingschedule.html

      What's New?

      Kaye's 1800 series, that's what! Soon to be released on a local PBS station near you, all new projects and guests! Contact your local PBS station for viewing times and availability.

      Q: What is the "rule of thumb" on the amount of shrinkage on a quilt?

      K: The shrinkage in a quilt will depend on the batting. A very thin batting will shrink very little, while heavier ones tend to have more shrinkage. You should always follow the directions for your batting and fabric to see if it should be pre-washed. That avoids any surprises later on.

      Q: What is the general requirements on how much fabric to purchase for a quilt?

      K: For the quilt top a twin size will generally take 6 yds., a full size 8 yds., a queen 10 yds. while a king would be 12 yds. These are estimations based on the quilts I've made.

      Q: When you want to make a crazy quilt from clothing, where should you start?

      K: Start in the center of a square. Add an odd sized piece and another sewing right sides down. Keep adding pieces till it's the size you want. Any size or color fabric can be used,

      Q: What is the best thing to use for getting spray adhesive off a cutting board?

      K: I normally use rubbing alcohol.

      FREE QUILTING TECHNIQUE

      Matching Star Centers

      http://www.kayewood.com/articles/splitpointstars.html

      USEFUL LINKS

      Hey gang, if you have an upcoming quilt show, seminar or anything else you'd like us to list, just let us know! We're glad to help you out and it will hopefully help with your attendance. Just click on the link below.

      http://www.kayewood.com/events.html

      A quick way to find out what we have on sale is to click on the link below and put "sales" in the search box. All the items we have marked down or have on special should come up.

      http://www.kayewood.com/clearance.html

      PBS stations across the U.S. are showing Kaye's Quilting Friends. To check out viewing times or request that your PBS station air Kaye's Quilting Friends, just click the link below.

      http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/stationfinder_relocalize.html

      Check out BYU TV to see when and where Kaye's Quilting Friends is being broadcast. Just click on the link below.

      http://www.byutv.org

      To all of our Knowledge Network viewers. The scheduling page has been updated. Just click on the link below to find Kaye's Quilting Friends show.

      http://www.kayewood.com/canada.html

      Calling all quilt guild members! Help us spruce up our guild page. Submit your details to Terrye and she'll put them up on our site. Click the link below and mail your info.

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=Please _List_Our_Guild!

      You can check out the page you'll be featured on by clicking the link below.

      New entries to check out!

      http://www.kayewood.com/guilds.html

      Check out our quilting dictionary. If you're not sure about a term you can check it out here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/definitions.html

      Check out Kaye's tips page. Lots of free useful info for you!

      http://www.kayewood.com/tips.html

      Celebrate the New Year!

      FINALE

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week! Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way! May you have a happy, successful, safe New Year! From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all .......keep quilting! :-)

      Take Care, Joyce Horn

      Copyright 2004 Kaye Wood, Inc

      Unsubscribe details:

      This message was sent to you because as a customer of Kaye's Quilting Friends, you previously indicated you would like to receive announcements of news, events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click here.