Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 5.4.11 - Take Advantage of our Show Specials!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      In This Issue....
      • Kaye's Blurb
      • Kaye, On TV
      • What's On Sale
      • New In Our Store
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Show and Tell
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Sewing, Quilting and Crafting Mall
      • April Contest Winner
      • May Contest
      • List Your Events!
      • Lighter Side....

      Looks like "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is out enjoying the spring breezes....Follow us!

      48661

      Did you survive the week in Paducah? It was quite an experience, wasn't it?
      On Sunday, the Corps of Engineers told the people, "For those of you who have been to Paducah, you know that the Convention Center is on the banks of the river inside the flood gates, and due to rising waters, we have to close the gates."
      The whole show layout had to be changed with one full day to do it.
      I flew to Paducah from Phoenix, by way of Dallas and Chicago, at least I almost flew to Paducah. The night flight into Paducah was cancelled. There are only two flights a day, early morning and late night. They could rebook 12 of us on a Thursday morning flight. (This was Monday night).
      Our friends from Holland opted to take the train from Chicago to Paducah. Three of us rented a car in Chicago, drove part way Monday night, continued on Tuesday morning. I was supposed to teach a segment of the All-Stars on Tuesday, but didn't get to Paducah in
      time.
      I did present my "It's Funny to be Famous" lecture and on Sunday I did my second All-Star segment on Sunday.
      Classes were moved to the First Baptist Church. Which meant, all class supplies had to be bussed across town.
      My booth was in the back of the puffy marshmallow (a big inflatable tent), behind the Quilts, behind the quilting machines and behind the sponsor booths. Other vendor booths were all over town, some at the mall, some in the Circuit City building.
      Attendance seemed to be way down, but it was hard to tell. The first two days, it rained and thundered most of the day.
      My videos on the Quilt Channel seemed to go over well. Imagine, 20 hours of quilt programs every day.
      The people at the American Quilting Society did a fantastic job considering all the problems.

      Kaye On TV....

      We get a lot of phone calls and emails asking where to find Kaye on their TV. The simple answer is we don't know, (sorry). Here's what to do. Call your PBS, cable and satellite providers and ask them. If they don't show it, ask them to add it to their lineup. Our shows are called Kaye's Quilting Friends and Quilting The Kaye Wood Way.

      What's On Sale....

      Show Specials!

      Did you miss the booth in Paducah? Couldn't get there due to the weather? Well, we're going to bring the show to you! If you would have stopped by our booth you would have noticed our booth specials, pretty easy to remember, and a great bargain!

      Buy any one or more, or all(!) of Kaye's Starmaker Master Templates or the View & Do Shapes and get any 1, 2, 6, or 38 of Kaye's patterns for half price!

      Now, they're not marked down in the shopping cart, but we will give you half price when we ship your order.

      Go to our Shop page, http://www.kayewood.com/new and check out our newest products in the store. Then on the left hand side click on Products by Kaye Wood, from there you can take advantage of all of the patterns Kaye has written to accompany her Starmakers and View & Do Shapes.

      Check out our Sale Page for more bargains, clearance items, hurt patterns coming back from the shows and lots of other one of a kind items!!

      What's New In Our Store....

      Skirting The Christmas Tree

      Learn a new trick to make this beautiful star without Y-seams!

      3 New Quilting The Kaye Wood Way DVDs!

      Blazing Stars, Seasonal Wallhanging and Rhapsody

      Chop Block Pattern

      Make this fun Chop Block pattern time and time again. The Flip Flop technique makes it unique, simple and fun.

      Life In The Meadow - Kaye's newest pattern that accompanies the View & Do Pentagon Shape.

      This week on KayeWoodTV.com!

      An oldie but goodie, and just in time for the warmer weather....

      Watch Joan Hawley demonstrate her Summer Tote Bag Techniques

      Our Reader's Show and Tell....

      I made this mini quilt so the little doll I made would have something to keep her warm. The center of the star is the challenge fabric we were all given....Maureen

      Here is a picture of a quilt I made with Kaye's Jumping Jack Pattern. I have yet to finish the sample I started in class. This quilt is going to a sister-in-law who has just found out that her cancer has returned. Thanks for the quick pattern and ease of instructions....Sharon

      do you have a project you'd like showcased?
      Send me the pictures and a story by clicking HERE!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      When you have patterns always make yourself a duplicate set out of butcher or freezer paper and save the originals for when you need a new set....Emily

      I prewind a number of bobbins before starting to sew....Janet

      I'm a beginner quilter, but I've learned to not craft when I'm tired. I make too many mistakes...Robin

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      If you're not already a fan, you missed out on a great deal this week, including 12.00 DVD's!

      Did you go to a Show and forget something? Visit our Online Mall and find the missing piece!

      April's "Out of the Box" Contest - Winner...

      Margaret takes the prize this month with her Southwest version of Kaye's Blazing Star!

      Blazing Stars - What a wonderful way to do stars with the Starmaker 8 and they look like they're difficult to do, but aren't. I used an Aztec fabric and took the colors from it for the other fabrics. I had trouble with the squares and triangles, but once I got them figured out, it went really well. It's a great pattern and one that I know that I will make often. (That top edge really is straight, it's just the way it is hanging for the picture)....Margaret

      Margaret wins her choice of one of Kaye's View & Do Shapes or Starmaker Master Templates and an assortment of patterns to accompany that shape!

      Congratulations, Margaret!

      May Contest....

      I want to see your UGLIEST quilts! And I'm talking U.G.L.Y!!

      Send me pictures of your UGLY quilts, or even just the blocks that were soooo ugly that you never finished them!

      We want to see them. Winner will get your choice of a View & Do Shape or Starmaker and an assortment of patterns to accompany your choice.

      Send pictures and stories HERE

      List Your Event....

      The Lighter Side
      If it weren't for stress, I'd have no energy at all.
      Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me at once!
      Everytime I think I've hit the bottom, someone lends me a shovel.
      Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
      I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
      I think that's all for this week. Have a great week. Remember, we want to see those ugly quilts -

      from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc