Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 4.27.11 - Ebooks and Epatterns - Half Price!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • New In Our Store
      • Blog Giveaway
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Show and Tell
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • QSC Show in June
      • April Contest
      • The Quilt Pattern Magazine - Get a Free Subscription!
      • List Your Events!
      • More About Batting....

      Looks like "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is frolicking in her garden....Follow us!

      48661

      What's happening in the world of quilting?
      One word,
      Paducah, (and flooding)
      and it's happening from April 26-May 1 in Paducah, KY

      Because of the flooding, the activities and vendors have been moved to the Pavillion and the Mall. All of the activities will be held in the Pavillion, so don't let a little water keep you from all the fun!

      Stop by and see us in booths 1223-1225. We're in the Pavillion

      What's On Sale....

      ALL of our ebooks and patterns are 1/2 price this week!

      Even if they're not marked (yet), if you order any of Kaye's electronic books or patterns, you will only be charged 1/2 price for them. No shipping, immediate downloads... it doesn't get any better than that!

      Click over to our SALE page!

      (if you find an ebook or epattern that we've missed marking 1/2 price, let me know and you'll get that one FREE!)

      Check out our Sale Page for more bargains, clearance items, hurt patterns coming back from the shows and lots of other one of a kind items!!

      What's New In Our Store....

      Skirting The Christmas Tree

      Learn a new trick to make this beautiful star without Y-seams!

      Chop Block Pattern

      Make this fun Chop Block pattern time and time again. The Flip Flop technique makes it unique, simple and fun.

      Life In The Meadow - Kaye's newest pattern that accompanies the View & Do Pentagon Shape. See our special sales on this pattern and the new Pentagon Shape.

      Our Reader's Show and Tell....

      This was made into a lap quilt for my husband using the View and Do Diamond Shapes.....Diane

      Kites! This is one of the winners of our monthly "Think Outside of the Box" contest....Cliff and Gerry

      do you have a project you'd like showcased?
      Send me the pictures and a story by clicking HERE!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      I think the best thing is to keep all the pieces of fabric for any project together in a plastic bag, a small box, a bigger box or whatever works, just so long as everything (including the leftover fabric) is together until things are finished....Judy

      I use art bins to organize work in progress projects! They come in a variety of sizes and colors....Barb

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      If you're not already a fan, you missed out on a couple of great deals this week, including a chance to get a free Sulky iron-on transfer pen and a discount coupon for all of our "bunny" patterns.

      Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      April's "Out of the Box" Contest...

      Only a few more days to get in on April's "Out of the Box" Contest! Take a look at our Show and Tell pages for inspiration, or better yet... come up with your own. Take Kaye's tools, templates and techniques and create an original work of art! This is an "out of the box" event, and we've had actual boxes made out of the View & Do Hexagons and Octagons as well as kites, so don't be afraid to venture across the line of traditional quilt designs. Get creative!

      The winner will receive the Shape or Starmaker of their choice plus an assortment of patterns to accompany their choice!

      Hurry! Mail me the pics and the story HERE

      Contest ends 4.30.2011

      (sneak peek for our May contest....get your ugliest quilts and unfinished blocks ready....)

      Enter to win a free subscription of "The Quilt Pattern Magazine" at

      http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/program/guild.html

      List Your Event....

      More about batting!
      If you are looking for the most common, easiest to work with batting, you can't go wrong with either a cotton batting, made of natural fibers, or a polyester batting, made of synthetic fibers.
      Cotton is a very popular form of batting, because it is so versatile. On those shivery winter nights, cotton traps and absorbs the air, keeping you comfortably warm. However, it doesn't hold in the heat so when used in the summer, it will also keep you cooler. Cotton is thin in appearance and considered a low-loft batting, but it is heavier than polyester. Cotton batting also shifts and beards when you quilt with it, unless you get a bonded batting.
       Polyester on the other hand, can take wash after wash and still hold it's shape. Polyester batting is thicker, but the weight is still lighter than cotton batting. Polyester is great for keeping you warm without the bulky weight, but the fibers restrict air flow, so you can get very hot, very quickly! When you have to store your quilts, polyester is wonderful because it resists mold and mildew.
      Now if you would like to utilize the qualities that both of these battings have to offer, try using a cotton/poly blend! You won't get the excess weight and your quilt will have all the benefits these fine fibers have to offer!

      I think that's all for this week. Have a great week. Hope to see you in Paducah!

      from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc