Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 4.13.11 - Looking Forward To Paducah!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • New In Our Store
      • Kaye's New Show - Quilter's TV
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Quilt Qua
      • Kites
      • Show and Tell
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Arizona Quilters
      • Attention Nevada Quilters
      • April Contest
      • List Your Events!
      • Food For Thought

      Looks like "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is frolicking in her garden....Follow us!

      What's happening in the world of quilting?
      One word,
      and it's happening from April 26-May 1 in Paducah, KY

      Stop by and see us in booths 1223-1225

      Get to Know Our Own Kaye Wood!

      What's On Sale

      What in the world is a floral?

      Easy - everything "floral" is 25% off this week, and there are 20 some items. Patterns and epatterns, DVDs and ebooks, but there's a catch, and we're going to make you work a bit for it! All you have to do is go to our sale page and enter "floral" into the search box at the top right of that page. Any item that shows on that page will be given 25% off WHEN YOU ENTER "FLORAL" INTO THE SHOPPING CART COMMENTS SECTION! Now, it won't show up that way, but we'll take off the 25% when we process your order, and remember... for the rest of April, all orders to the US and Canada still ship free! This is something we definitely can not keep doing, so get your toys now.

      Start your shopping on our SALE page!

      What's New In Our Store

      Rhapsody - Kaye's newest pattern and the first of her new series on Quilting The Kaye Wood Way. Call your cable and satellite stations to request that they show our new series on Quilter's TV!

      Kaye's Back On TV!!

      That's right. If you can't find her on your satellite channels, Comcast, My Choice.... call your system. This IS something you have to request that they add to your lineup so be sure to call. It's called Quilter's TV. Have you seen it yet?

      The kites we featured in the newsletter a few weeks ago are STILL creating a stir in the quilting world. We tracked down our kite builders, and while they don't have a pattern of their own, they were kind enough to direct us to a couple of links that they have used.

      One is the American Kitefliers Association and the other is Kitebuilder.com

      Our Reader's Show and Tell....

      I needed to make my parents a quilt for their king size bed and was inspired by a readers show and tell quilt and a video I saw on your site about 'Rings that Bind.' My mother wanted a large floral print for the centers and a stripe for the rings. Every floral and ring piece of this quilt was cut one at a time as I didn't want any two floral blocks exactly alike and the stripes had to match as perfectly as possible.

      do you have a project you'd like showcased?
      Send me the pictures and a story by clicking HERE!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      When I have to take out sewing stitches, particularly long rows, I use a 28mm rotary cutter. Pull the fabric apart and carefully cut thru the stitches. It gets done in a flash....Mary

      My favorite tip is to draw my quilt using EQ7; print the quilt in black and white; and then insert the print-out into a document protector; then I can use a dry board marker to design the quilting. You can even use water markers. If I don't like what I'm doing I can just wipe it off and start over....Kitty

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      Attention all Arizona Area Quilters: One more Arizona Teacher's Certification Class Scheduled.

      Email Kaye for details....

      Nevada - Kaye's Got a New Teacher's Certification Class Scheduled!

      Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest information about our shows! Workshops, Seminars, Quilt Displays, Quilt Contests and much more!

      April's "Out of the Box" Contest...

      Our "Out of the Box" contest has been so well received that we're continuing it! Take a look at our Show and Tell pages for inspiration, or better yet... come up with your own. Take Kaye's tools, templates and techniques and create an original work of art! This is an "out of the box" event, and we've had actual boxes made out of the View & Do Hexagons and Octagons as well as the kites we featured last week, so don't be afraid to venture across the line of traditional quilt designs. Get creative!

      The winner will receive the Shape or Starmaker of their choice plus an assortment of patterns to accompany their choice!

      Hurry! Mail me the pics and the story HERE

      Contest ends 4.30.2011

      (sneak peek for our May contest....get your ugliest quilts and unfinished blocks ready....)

      List your event....

      Food For Thought....

      "Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln, 16th US President
      "Never spend your money before you have it." Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President

      I think that's all for this week. Have a great week, hope to see you in Paducah!

      from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc