Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 4.6.11 - New Show Is Up On Your Satellite and Cable!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 8:33 AM
      Can't read this e-mail? CLICK HERE for the Real Deal!

      • New In Our Store
      • Kaye's New Show
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Kites
      • Show and Tell
      • Tips
      • Our Facebook Group
      • Arizona Quilters
      • Attention Nevada Quilters
      • April Contest
      • List Your Events!
      • I Can Relate

      Looks like "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is starting her garden....Follow us!

      48661

      Paducah Is Coming!

      There is only one Paducah, KY and only one quilt show like it. Paducah is a relatively small town, but the whole town becomes QUILT USA for one week each spring. There are some permanent quilt features in town, like the Quilters Museum, along the waterway. Also Eleanor Burns has a quilt shop that is open year round.

      During quilt week in Paducah, there are quilts all over town. Almost all of the restaurants have quilts on display, even McDonalds. Church groups put on lunches to help feed the thousands of people who are in town each week.

      As far as housing, that can be a problem. But Paducahans are resourceful. Some quilters arrive on the river and are housed on boats. Some people have been known to leave town and turn their houses over to the same quilters each year.

      One restaurant I never miss is out at Patti's Settlement on Land Between the Lakes. Their restrooms are even decorated with quilts. I never look at the menu; they are famous for their 2" thick pork chops and mile high meringue pie and that's good enough for me. If you can't possibly eat the pie, take it home for a midnight snack. If you are a member of the Moose, stop in to the lodge for a meal and some comraderie.

      Vendors are located in the convention center (that's where I will be), in a 2-story exhibit hall inside the Executive Inn, in a huge tent outside, and in lots of other places around town, like the mall. Hancock's of Paducah stocks up with goodies and usually has semi trucks of fabric in the parking lot.

      Anybody who is in quilting, will be in Paducah.

      The local TV station has quilt shows, such as mine, playing non-stop.

      All in all, Paducah has earned the nickname of "Quilt City USA-at least for one week a year.

      Stop by and see us in booths 1223-1225

      Get to Know Our Own Kaye Wood!

      What's On Sale

      Rhapsody!

      We have the new DVDs in from Kaye's newest taped series (more on that later...) So, immediately, we've marked them down! The Rhapsody DVD is the first in this series; a 20 minute long presentation and all of the Q-Typs included.

      Again, this week, your entire order ships free (US and Canada only).

      Rhapsody DVD

      Reg price $18.00, this week, $12.00

      Rhapsody Pattern and Epattern

      Reg price $8.00, this week, $6.00

      Starmaker 5

      Reg price $24.95, this week, $17.00

      See the rest of our markdowns on our SALE page!

      What's New In Our Store

      Rhapsody - Kaye's newest pattern and the first of her new series on Quilting The Kaye Wood Way. Call your cable and satellite stations to request that they show it!

      Kaye's Back On TV!!

      That's right. If you can't find her on your satellite channels, Comcast, My Choice.... call your system. This IS something you have to request that they add to your lineup so be sure to call.

      Explore Londa's line of "Talking Patterns"
      This week on KayeWoodTV.com!

      Londa's Creative Jackets!

      Watch as Londa demonstrates the easy way to put a hem into knitted garments.

      Stars twirl clockwise or counter-clockwise around this quilt for a dazzling effect! Easy and fun to make, this pattern features strip sets that are easily cut. Uses the Starmaker 6 Master Template (sold separately).

      Kaye's Twirling Stars Pattern

      If you can't get there from here, go to www.kayewoodtv.com and click on the Twirling Stars Video

      Last Week's Kites

      So many of you wanted the patterns for the kites we featured using Kaye's Starmakers and Techniques. Well, we're working on it, but in the meantime, here's a link to check out....http://daveskites.com/plans-pdf/Line_Foil_1.pdf

      Our Reader's Show and Tell....

      I finished up to a point another Kaye Wood pattern. This one is called Rhapsody. I chose fabrics from my stash.

      Visit my blog at Quilter In The Pines....Eileen

      do you have a project you'd like showcased? Send me the pictures and a story by clicking HERE!

      Reader's Hints, Tips and Techniques....

      I keep a small piece of lightweight white cardboard (approx. 1" x 3") beside my sewing machine. When threading the sewing machine needle, I hold the cardboard behind the needle and it is much easier to see the eye of the needle....Colleen

      Save the plastic zipper bags that sheets and curtains come in - and ask your friends and family to save them for you - they are great for keeping project pieces, fabric and the magazine altogether if you don't finish and go on to something else, not that quilters have a dozen things going on at once! REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE....Jean

      Are You A Member of our Facebook Group?

      Click HERE to Join for Special Coupons and Deals!

      Attention all Arizona Area Quilters: One more Arizona Teacher's Certification Class Scheduled.

      Email Kaye for details....

      Nevada - Kaye's Got a New Teacher's Certification Class Scheduled!

      April's "Out of the Box" Contest...

      Our "Out of the Box" contest has been so well received that we're continuing it! Take a look at our Show and Tell pages for inspiration, or better yet... come up with your own. Take Kaye's tools, templates and techniques and create an original work of art! This is an "out of the box" event, and we've had actual boxes made out of the View & Do Hexagons and Octagons as well as the kites we featured last week, so don't be afraid to venture across the line of traditional quilt designs. Get creative!

      The winner will receive the Shape or Starmaker of their choice plus an assortment of patterns to accompany their choice!

      Hurry! Mail me the pics and the story HERE

      Contest ends 4.30.2011

      List your event

      I Can Relate!

      Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.

      One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me...I know we've been friends for a long time...but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is."

      Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

      I think that's all for this week. Have a great week, hope to see you in Paducah!

      from The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc