Quilting The Kaye Wood Way, Week of 1.12.11 - Have You Seen The Northern Lights?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2011

      • New In Our Store
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • Guess What
      • Quilter's TV Survey
      • Attention All Bloggers
      • Brand New on KayeWoodTV.com
      • Readers Traditions and Colors
      • Unique Idea....
      • Show and Tell
      • Kaye's Tip of the Month
      • Tips
      • Funny Stories
      • Help! We Need A Name
      • Useful Links
      • January Project/Contest
      • Northern Lights Poem
      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Looks like "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is enjoying the Northern Lights! (I think he needs a coat!)....Follow us!

      48661

      Kaye's in Lake Havasu, AZ, right now! and later this month, she'll be at the Arizona State Fair Grounds, Jan 27-29, Join us there!

      On Sale This Week....

      1/2 off ALL downloadable books and patterns!

      Roughly 45 books and patterns available for download, and they're all 1/2 price this week. Now, it won't show up in the shopping cart, we'll take off half of your cost when we process your order (and as usual, NO SHIPPING charges on our electronic downloads!)

      They're all HERE, in our electronic products section!

      What else is on sale?

      Tons of clearance merchandise, HURT items, end of year blow-outs, too many to list, but hurry, with a lot of these items, there is only one item left in stock and they won't be reordered! Also, keep checking back as more items will be added daily!

      Show Me The Sale Items!

      New Items In Our Shop....

      Check them ALL out HERE

      Bellanca Bag
      Elastic pockets on the outside can be made from coordinating fabrics to spice up this gorgeous little girl. Gromets and metal handle squares finish out the detailing on Bellanca!

      Stained Glass Iris Kit
      The kit includes enough fabric and appliques to create 4 Iris panels, as well as a disk containing the embroidery designs and a tutorial.

      Spinning Diamonds Kit
      Kit includes fabric for the top and the pattern to make one 54" x 47" Wallhanging. Does NOT include the borders, backing or batting.

      Table Runner With A Twist
      The cover quilt shows an optional technique for including Kaleidoscope piecing in the focal blocks. The technique for setting the blocks is unique and so simple.

      Kaye's next gig is at the Arizona State Fairgroundsu, AZ for the Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival, Stop by booth 602 and 603

      Guess What....

      Kaye's doing? Here's another clue....

      Look for yet another clue next week!

      You've been invited by Quilters TV to take their annual survey! We value your privacy and assure that all responses are kept confidential and used for informational purposes only.

      Taking this survey is quick and easy. We appreciate your time and thank you for the feedback! These surveys truly help us plan our priorities for next year to hopefully serve you better and help keep the service free on the internet! None of your information is ever shared with anyone from Quilters TV, ever!
      Attention All Bloggers...

      We've got 2 more patterns ready to go. Want to try them out and blog about them? Shoot me an email with the URL of your blog.

      Brand New On KayeWoodTV.com!

      Our ABC Quilt. Perfect for a child's room.
      Finished size is 48" x 75"

      A wonderful quilt to adorn any childs wall, you can also use as a learning tool, by helping them find and name the animal and letters. Bright color border strips frame each of the blocks to add depth to this design. The wide border has square blocks with designs embroidered without the letter.

      Watch Kaye Demonstrate her ABC Quilt

      Then come on over to our ABC Quilt Page and order your pattern, today!

      A VERY Cool Idea, and soon coming to KayeWoodTV.com!

      READ, SEE and HEAR spectacularly clear directions for transforming a comfy sweatshirt into a stylish jacket that FITS with Londa's DVDs, Talking Patterns™ and book. Dig into endless FREE videos and sewing how-to's at Londa's FREE INFO tab. As seen in Londa's HEM Video at KayewoodTV (coming soon),  Fusible Stay Tapes in Straight and Knit, http://www.londas-sewing.com/Interfacing-Fusibles-Tapes-and-More-c36.html, Kai Scissors, embroidery stabilizers at 15% savings and Schmetz Needles at up to 25% off every day; all delivered with Londa's personal service.  For bi-weekly newsletters full of sewing information and $-saving offers, click HERE.

      Show & Tell....

      My step-daughter is recovering from multiple myeloma treatments and really wanted to make her first quilt. We used a pattern from your book, Everyone Can Quilt and even though neither of us had ever made a quilt before, this is what we managed.......Janeice and Brenda

      To see the rest of our Show & Tell Entries, go to our Community Tab at the top of our page and then click on the Show & Tell box!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way Tip of the Month for January
      Use the Tip of the Month to do a FREE 3-minute demo for your guild.
      View the Hexagon Cutting & Sewing Video
      Print out the FREE Cutting & Sewing Hexagons the easy Kaye Wood Way Tip Sheet for your members
      Feature the products shown in the Tip Sheet of the Month:
      Starmaker 6 Master Template
      Static Stickers
      Easy Hexagon Designs Book
      Tips From Our Readers....

      Yikes!: Hi to all there.
      I read your newsletter every day while at work.
      I'd like to comment on the letter from the lady who had had a mastectomy and was using her bra as a pin cushion. I too had a mastectomy and wear the mastectomy bras and a silicone form. I caution any lady reading this that using the bra for a pin cushion is only valid if you do NOT have a silicone form. Sticking a pin in the silicone form will ruin the form and it will not be covered under warranty. If the inside silicone leaks out, it can ruin the bra and make you break on in a rash, if you happen to be sensitive to silicone. Silicone forms are very expensive and only one covered for a two year period for Medicare and Insurance.
      So final comment, it is NOT a good idea to use the bra as a pin cushion
      ....Barbara

      We want your tips (or label ideas!)....

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter! terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Help! We Need A Name!

      You've come through in the past, and now it's time to step up again! this is one of Kaye's new babies (to the left), but she needs a name. Put your quilty thinking caps on and let us know! Whoever we choose as a winner will receive a free pattern, via email, when they are ready! Now, this contest will only run 1 week. The pattern is ready to go, she just needs a name.

      Remember this one from last month (right)? The winner of our Pick A Name Game was Peggy, and she chose "Tumbling Winds". Here's her story: "The reason that I choose 'Tumbling Winds' is the way it goes around the center of the block. Like a tumbling weed that is moved along by the wind on the praire. But also like a tornado and a hurricane's vortex rotation. It is like a gentle moving of the wind over the earth." We LOVE it, Peggy, as soon as Kaye gets back from Lake Havasu and she can get it ready, we'll send you your PDF copy! Thanks so much to everyone for playing, and look for the complete pattern online in the next week or so. It will be available in downloadable format as well as traditional.

      Funny Stories From Our Readers....

      My 2 youngest granddaughters don't visit often due to living so far away, but enjoy playing with my scrap bucket to make their teddy bears clothes on visits during the holidays. I put away tools and cutters that they could get hurt with but otherwise they are allowed to use whatever they want. They know they have to put everything back where it was when they are finished. A couple days after they left I was working on a project and reached for a hand sewing needle when I discovered a most unusual contraption they created. Hanging on my needle board was not one but two sewing machine needles with a thread strung through the eye and then knotted together. Apparently they knew they had to thread the needle but not familiar with the difference between a hand needle and a machine needle. I doubt much sewing was accomplished but with a few instructions they just might be quilting some day. ....Jeannette

      More More More! We need MORE of your funny stories! Send them to us here (we promise not to laugh any harder than you did)! terrye@...?subject=funny stories

      Useful Links....
      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way blog.
      http://www.kayewood.com/blog

      List your event

      Our "OTHER" Newsletter
      that announces once a week any new shows on our KayeWoodTV website. We also feature some of our older gems!
      kaye_wood_tv_quilting-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      January's Project/Contest....

      Send in pictures of your quilts, wallhangings, pillows, placemats, tablerunners... whatever you've made using Kaye's Shapes, Tools and Templates. Get creative! Just because it's a quilt pattern doesn't mean it has to end up as a quilt! This contest will end on January 31st, so hurry! Don't think you can make the deadline? That's ok, keep sewing because we'll offer this again during the year!

      Email me the pictures, and the story behind your project and you could win your choice of one of Kaye's Tools, Templates or Shapes along with a selection of patterns specially designed for that item.

      Northern Lights....

      Over the teepees in grand display

      The Northern Lights love to play

      Showing off their wondrous lights

      Intriguing us in the mysterious night

      One of Creator's mystical treats

      I'm always in awe of all His feats

      We complain about cold and snow

      Without them we'd not see this show

      I have come to love all the seasons

      The range of diversity gives us reasons

      I can't wait to hear Your explanation

      When one day I ask Lord, about creation

      Until then I give You thanks and praise

      For ways You've enlightened all my days....ET Waldron

      Wow! I think that's all for this week!

      Have a great week (and an AWESOME New Year) from

      The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!

      Terrye Kinch/Kaye Wood, Inc