Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Newsletter, Week of 11.24.10

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2010

      • New In Our Store
      • Lake Havasu, AZ Seminar and Teacher Training
      • KayeWoodTV.Com
      • Show and Tell
      • Tips
      • Funny Stories
      • Ask Kaye
      • Useful Links
      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Turkey Patches", our Twitter Bird's cousin is making a last minute plea....Follow us!

      48661

      Are you ready for some football???

      Tomorrow, as we gather together, pray together, laugh together and have a pretty good day, we remember all those who for whatever reason can't be with us. We also remember everyone who has no one.

      Holiday Extravaganza Sale....

      Strip Cut Quilts - $12.00! (regularly 19.95)

      This offer is good for one day only, but never fear, check your newsletter tomorrow for a brand new sale!

      New In Our Store....

      Spinning Diamonds Kit!

      Kit includes fabric for the top and the pattern to make one 54" x 47" Wallhanging.

      Uses the Starmaker 6 (sold separately).

      Size: 54" x 47"

      Suzi Purse/Drawer/Basket Insert and Organizer.

      Does your purse needs an inner purse? Something small to organize all the little loose things that migrate to the bottom of your purse. Something to make it easy to move your stuff from purse to purse. Does your stuff need a keeper. Suzi to the rescue! Suzi is ideal for keeping things together in a busy purse, or easily moving your things from purse to purse.

      Suzi also makes a great organizer or caddy and is wonderful to use for sewing or desk supplies.

      Charisma Slipper Boot Pattern

      Youth sizes 13-5, and Women's size 6-10 Make the boots using just one fabric or mix them up as shown. The cuddle fleece details make these reminiscent of the Ugg boots. Make a more custom fit with the tie straps behind the ankles and shins.

      Path of Light Quarter Quilt

      Kaye's newest in her Quarter Quilt Series.

      With matching pillow pattern and a dresser scarf pattern by Kaye Wood
      Decorate your bed with a Quarter Quilt-

      Quarter the bed size!
      Quarter the fabric!
      Quarter the time!
      Quarter the money!

      Throw it over the foot of your bed.
      Make several to change for the seasons or special events.

      Kaye's next gig is Lake Havasu in Arizona.

      If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time, but hurry! The dates are January 12-13, 2011 and you can Click To Register For Quilter's Gone Wild, Quilter's At The Lake Quilt Show.

      Kaye will be doing a Teacher Certification Class as well as a Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show

      On KayeWoodTV.Com....

      Mariner's Compass

      You've seen the pattern, now fall in love with the technique!

      Click Here to get your own pattern!

      Watch the video HERE

      Get your own copy of this DVD!

      A Mariner's Compass made EASY and ACCURATE? You bet. Mattie Rhoades from Quiltsmart takes this difficult design and makes it simple, just for you. Start with the printed interfacing (included), sew on the lines, fuse and zig-zag to create this fantastic Mariner's Compass. You will receive full instructions and printed interfacing, enough for one quilt.

      Size: 47" x 47"

      Show & Tell....

      I finally finished my quilt! If I had know how easy and quick it was to finish, I would have done it a long time ago. I love it. I used your Spinning Diamonds pattern.....Theresa

      (Now available in kit form!)

      To see the rest of our Show & Tell Entries, go to our Community Tab at the top of our page and then click on the Show & Tell box!

      Tips From Our Readers....

      Hi Kaye,
      I have a computerized machine that has a stylus to program the stitch you want. I was forever dropping it, picking it off the floor or hunting for it. I took a yard plus of 1/8" ribbon, threaded it through the top of the stylus and tied the ribbon around the lower part of the machine arm. I now know where it is, it doesn't go far when I drop it and that makes it a great stress reliever. The ribbon doesn't interfere with the operation of the machine since it is loose enough to point out the stitch I need and the stylus can sit in its assigned hole on the machine.....Joanne

      We want your tips....

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter! terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Funny Stories From Our Readers....

      I was cleaning out my sewing room and came across a box I had labeled "Scraps too Small to Use." I had to laugh at the label and immediately changed it to "Small Scraps." I didn't want anyone to think I was losing my mind! .....Katie

      Send us your funny stories! terrye@...?subject=funny stories

      Ask Kaye....

      A Reader Asks: I want to use a bamboo bat in the quilt I'm currently making. Would it be best to pre-shrink the bat, since it says on the label that it shrinks 2-3%. If some of the fabrics in the quilt have not been pre-shrunk, will there be a problem? All fabrics are cotton.

      Kaye answers: I have not used any bamboo bats yet. I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer for suggestions.
      I do not pre-wash my fabrics any more. Cottons used to shrink or the colors would run. That doesn't seem to happen any more. The only fabrics I would pre-test by wetting a small piece are the very darks. If the color bleeds, I would pre-wash the whole piece of fabric.
      Muslin might still shrink a little, so I would pre-wash any muslins.

      Do you have a question for our resident expert? Ask away and we'll feature it in upcoming newsletters! Also, Kaye will personally answer your questions.

      Send to: terrye@...?subject=ask_kaye

      Useful Links....
      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way blog.
      http://www.kayewood.com/blog

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere!
      Convenient shopping day or night!
      http://www.kayewood.com/cover.pdf

      List your event

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Forum