Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Week of 8.25.10

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2010

      • New Sale
      • Colorado Quilters
      • Michigan Quilters
      • KayeWoodTV.com - Perfect Y-Seams
      • Where's Kaye
      • Show and Tell
      • Free Pattern
      • Tips
      • Funny Stories
      • Ask Kaye
      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird if frolicking in the flowers....Follow us!

      48661

      I do love a full moon! And all of the werewolf stories aside, here in Northern Michigan, we can host a pretty good full moon. Whether it's in the woods, or over the water, it's just magical!

      Enjoy the pictures

      This week is our Buy One Get One, or Two Full Moon Sale!

      Here's how it works.

      Choose from any of our Strip Quilting Projects Books 2-8.

      • The first one is $5.00,
      • the second is $2.50 and
      • the 3rd one is FREE!

      Or, get all 7 books for 20 bucks!

      Go ahead and order, we'll adjust your cost before we charge your card.

      Just click on the picture above, or on this link to take advantage of this great sale.

      Attention All Michigan Area Quilters....

      Kaye's coming to Traverse City! She's going to be doing both a Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show and a Teacher's Certification Class.

      Sew Along With Kaye as she shows you her easy-as-pie technique for Perfect Y-Seams!!

      Just click here

      (high speed connection recommended)

      Our Readers Show and Tell....
      This is a quilt I've made to raffle off in remembrance of my two sisters that I've lost to cancer. I made a label for the back. On June 18th and 19th, I'll be walking in our local Relay for Life cancer walk and I'm donating all the money to the American Cancer Society. Last year I raised $395.00 and I've already beat that amount this year with two weeks to go....Kathleen

      New Free Pattern - Chain of Roses....
      Kaye uses her View & Do Octagon Shape for this Chain of Roses pattern. Using Kaye's View & Do Octagon Shapes, you can easily create this rose themed "woven" table runner. The strips that frame each octagon interweave to make an interesting background for the roses.

      Click here to download the free pattern (adobe acrobat reader required)

      Tips From Our Readers....
      When I got my quilting machine I was unsure on how to do the design and I know that I needed practice. So I had bought a bunch of material at a couple of yard sales, cut them into squares and sewed them together, mostly lap sizes. Then I could play with different color thread and different patterns. I finished them with binding and I donate them to the volunteer fire department from my church. Most volunteer fire departments don't have blankets and they do need them. So as you are learning, you can help someone also. The quilts are given to the people and they get to keep them. It makes me feel good to know that I am helping someone that has been in an accident or fire....Marie
      Reader's Funny Stories....
      I have more material than I will ever use, but I recently started a small lap quilt for my son and daughter in law. I also developed my own pattern. Obviously I am mathematically challenged because it is turning out much larger than I anticipated. Because of this, I don't have enough material for strips between the blocks so I am having to incorporate a new material. I am calling it the opportunity quilt because it is giving me many opportunities to get out of jams....Janet

      Ask Kaye....

      This week, our readers help....

      Last week, Sharon asked how to get yellow stains out of old quilt blocks.

      Our readers answer:

      • I would use White Vinegar for a soak. That helped my grandmother's quilts that sat for years uncared for by my mother.
      • Oxyclean works wonders on old quilts!! (or even an old baptism dress that was over 100 years old--and NO damage!)
      • I would suggest that Sharon with the yellowed quilt tops check on Martha Pullen's web site. If I remember correctly, she swears by Biz for cleaning up the antique clothing that she collects.
      • I would suggest the lady with the yellowed quilt tops contact a museum or two for information about removing those stains. I was told what to do once at a small museum on the island of Maui; but have forgotten. It was a long time ago.

      Good luck Sharon!

      That's all for this week

      Have a great week from

      Customer Service