Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Week of 5.25.10

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2010

      In This Issue....
      • On Sale, Clearance, Damaged,Deal of the Day
      • New On Our Site
      • Kaye's Schedule
      • KayeWoodTV.com
      • Another Survey
      • Our Readers Show and Tell
      • Tips From Our Readers
      • Events
      • Funny Stories From Our Readers
      • Ask Kaye - NEW!!
      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird is all dressed up for the holiday....Follow us!

      Happy Memorial Day. We have so much to be thankful for. All of our military family has come home safe and sound. My husband was in the Air Force and fought the Korean War in England (not a bad place to be during a war). My oldest son is retired Air Force and stayed in Alaska after retiring. He fought the first Iraqi war in England. We attended his retirement ceremony in Fairbanks. It was held outside and a moose was also in attendance. My second son is also retired Air Force. He now teaches senior engineering at the Air Force Academy.
      The next generation, one of my grandsons, is in the Army. He has
      served two tours in Iraq and will be home today. We think he will be stateside for his next assignment. One of the things that is different about war today is the ability to communicate-we now talk by cell phone and email.
      I shouldn't admit this, but I remember the start of World War II. I was very young and probably only remember it because I have heard FDR announcing it over the years. Several of my uncles went off to war and all came back safe. Later one of my brothers was an officer in the navy and another enlisted in the army.
      Have a great memorial day, and don't forget to thank those in the military.
      Kaye

      On Sale This Week....

      Free, Starring The Eagle Pattern with any shipped order!

      Stunning patriotic quilt made from strip-pieced log cabin diamonds. Instructions and eagle appliqué pattern are included for this full size quilt. Also shown appliquéd onto a sweatshirt. Perfect for Memorial Day! Uses the Starmaker 6 (sold separately).

      Start Shopping Here - http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Also, many new clearance and hurt items have been listed. Check them out!

      Sunflower Sky....

      The flowers may be annuals, but this quilt pattern is a perennial favorite. Step by step instructions clearly explain the easy rotary cutting and machine piecing techniques. Pattern also includes hanging sleeve and binding instructions. Large, detailed illustrations with every step. Wall hanging 38" X 38"

      Spring Table Charms....

      These table charms are so quick to make and lots of fun to decorate with. Sizes can be easily adjusted and they have have so many uses. Place under your favorite candles, knick knacks, table ornaments, or pictures. They make great gifts and can be made at the last minute. Your friends will think you worked hours on them! They can be embroidered, appliqued, or just stitched or combinations of all. Approximate sizes: 7-18".

      Terrye Kinch
      Customer Service
      Download our catalog
      http://www.kayewood.com/cover.pdf