Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 3.16.10
St Patrick's Day already? Well then Happy St. Pattie's day to all of our Irish (and Irish Wannabe) quilters.
An Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world, with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons, bring the best to you and yours.
On Sale This Week....
Kaye's pattern, Shadow Hearts (or Shamrock Hearts if you're so inclined), is only $3.50 with purchase of the View & Do Hearts Shape.
- Minneapolis, MN, (schoolhouse), May 20, register here
- Reno, NV (short seminar) June 24-26 register here
- Loveland, CO, Aug 20-22, register here
- Madison, WI, (short seminar), Sept 9-11, register here
- Chautauqua, NY, (day long seminar) Sept 24-26, 2010, register here
Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!
FYI: Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection.Guest Spot
This week's Guest Spot is from Quilt Qua, Helping to Expand Your Creative Expression.Show and Tell....
Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)My quilts start like premonitions: my head races with a vision of my quilt and I am not satisfied until the quilt is completed. I usually begin my quilts by assembling the primary focal point and work out from there until I replicate the picture in my mind of the finished quilt. In all of my quilts I am mindful that the work of my hands should glorify God. Hamar 1994 is a visual memory of my two week visit to Norway for the Winter Olympic Games. This quilt represents the first night of my second week in Hamar, Norway. On that night I finally saw what I had hoped for, the Aurora Borealis. Hot green waves of light streaked and churned across the black frigid sky. God's laser show broke the solitude of snow and ice. Could something this bright and powerful silently awaken this sleepy, peaceful Norwegian village?....MichelleTips From Our Readers....
I have a folding table that came with my first Singer machine when I graduated from high school (it still makes the best buttonholes). The table has a removable panel for the machine to drop into. It is the perfect size for a worktable in my sewing room which also doubles as a second guest room with a hide-a-bed but it was too low to use comfortably for cutting with a rotary cutter so I purchased a set of bed risers that I happened to see at a great price at my local Big Lots store. Now I can comfortably cut on my table but still have the convenience of being able to "stow" all the pieces away when I need to open the bed....Jan
We want your tips....
Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter! terrye@...?subject=sharewithusQuilting Events in March and April...
Has your guild or quilting group scheduled a show? Let us know the where's, when's and how's and we'll put you on our Quilting Events Page.
- Quilt Craft and Sewing Expo, Sacramento, CA Mar 25-27, http://www.quiltcraftsew.com/festival-dates.html
- Maple Leaf Quilters 25th Festival of Quilts, Rutland, VT, March 27-28, 2010, College of St. Joseph, www.mapleleafquilters.org, mlq20010show@...
- Sewing and Quilting Expo, Springfield, MO, April 8-10, 2010, http://www.roundbobbin.com/, Need a discount coupon to get in? Call Beth at (755) 830-6566.
- Calico Cutups Quilt Guild, Bella Vista AR, April 9-10 , 2010, www.calicocutups.org, a-quilter@...
- Franklin County Quilters Guild 12th Annual Franklin County Quilt Show, April 10-11, 2010, St. Albans, VT, www.vtmooses.us/fcqgshow.pdf, franklincountyquilters@...
- Quilt Rush, Sacramento, CA, April 14-18, 2010, (530) 272-5308, www.quiltrush.com
- The Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild, Roseburg, OR, April 16, 17, & 18, 2010, hnjarvis@..., www.umpquavalleyquilters.com
- Quilts That Warm Our Hearts, Grand Island, NY, April 30-May 1, 2010, loony2nys@...
- Imagine Hope, Paducah, KY, April 9-May 25, 2010, http://www.nationalquiltmuseum.org
- Pioneer Quilters Guild, Hominy OK, April 30 & May 1, 2010, towens71@..., 918-619-7080
Funny Stories From Our Readers....
Sometimes it pays to make mistakes. I was taking a class learning how to do quilt-as-you-go. I started attaching two pieces together having the seam in the front of the quilt and not in the back where it was suppose to be. I also had the batting in my seam and that too wasn't supposed to be there either. I didn't want to take the seam out and start over so I left it. I continued with the rest of the quilt in the same manner. I was finished my quilt two times faster than if I had done it the other way. At the end of it all I liked the looks how it gave that extra texture. It turned out that everyone else loved it too and are now using my mistake....Nancy
Whether funny, touching, or mysterious you all have your stories, and we want to hear them. Come on, fess up.... you can't possibly think that you're the only one whose done........
Send them to us, here and we'll include them in our newsletters.
Words of Wisdom
"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln, 16th US President
"Never spend your money before you have it." Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US PresidentDo you love KayeWoodTV.com?
Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice when we put up a new show!
Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!
List your event
If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link!
Our Home Page
Access to all the goodies on our Kaye Wood website!
Have a question or want a quilting buddy? This is the place for you! Tons of quilters are just waiting to talk and share!
That's all for this week....
Have a great week everyone from
The staff at Kaye Wood, Inc!