Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 3.16.10

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2010

      On Sale, Clearance, Damaged,Deal of the Day

      New On Our Site

      Kaye's Schedule

      Guest Spot

      Our Readers Show and Tell

      Tips From Our Readers

      Quilting Events in March and April

      Funny Stories From Our Readers

      Words of Wisdom

      Site Links

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird finds a patch of four leaf clovers to frolic in. Follow us!

      St Patrick's Day already? Well then Happy St. Pattie's day to all of our Irish (and Irish Wannabe) quilters.

      An Irish Blessing
      May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
      May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
      May peace and plenty bless your world, with joy that long endures.
      May all life's passing seasons, bring the best to you and yours.

      On Sale This Week....

      Soft hearts on spinning pinwheels create a magical effect with this pattern. Match the dark heart with the dark background and the light heart with the light background to create this shadow effect. Machine appliqué your hearts to background squares.

      Sizes: Wallhanging, Twin, Double, King

      Kaye's pattern, Shadow Hearts (or Shamrock Hearts if you're so inclined), is only $3.50 with purchase of the View & Do Hearts Shape.

      New On The Site, Book Covers Pattern....

      Sturdy book cover with optional Velcro tab closing, end corners and attached book mark. Adapt this pattern to fit any size book or journal. Suitable for bibles, textbooks, journals, novels or magazines. Keep them all safe and sound with this easy to make book cove pattern.

      Show Me What's New

      Kaye's Schedule

      Teacher Certification Classes....

      Be the first of your friends to enjoy Kaye's Quilting Friends, right from your computer! Now the show you love, can be accessed at just the click of your mouse! With 22 different shows to choose from, you will find that Kaye and her guests provide exceptional TV programming, that will offer a variety of quilting and sewing projects for every skill level. Furthermore, you can watch these shows anytime it's convenient for you! So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy!

      Guest Spot

      This week's Guest Spot is from Quilt Qua, Helping to Expand Your Creative Expression.

      My quilts start like premonitions: my head races with a vision of my quilt and I am not satisfied until the quilt is completed. I usually begin my quilts by assembling the primary focal point and work out from there until I replicate the picture in my mind of the finished quilt. In all of my quilts I am mindful that the work of my hands should glorify God. Hamar 1994 is a visual memory of my two week visit to Norway for the Winter Olympic Games. This quilt represents the first night of my second week in Hamar, Norway. On that night I finally saw what I had hoped for, the Aurora Borealis. Hot green waves of light streaked and churned across the black frigid sky. God's laser show broke the solitude of snow and ice. Could something this bright and powerful silently awaken this sleepy, peaceful Norwegian village?....Michelle
      Tips From Our Readers....

      I have a folding table that came with my first Singer machine when I graduated from high school (it still makes the best buttonholes). The table has a removable panel for the machine to drop into. It is the perfect size for a worktable in my sewing room which also doubles as a second guest room with a hide-a-bed but it was too low to use comfortably for cutting with a rotary cutter so I purchased a set of bed risers that I happened to see at a great price at my local Big Lots store. Now I can comfortably cut on my table but still have the convenience of being able to "stow" all the pieces away when I need to open the bed....Jan

      We want your tips....

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter! terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Quilting Events in March and April...

      Has your guild or quilting group scheduled a show? Let us know the where's, when's and how's and we'll put you on our Quilting Events Page.

      The Whole List....

      Funny Stories From Our Readers....

      Sometimes it pays to make mistakes. I was taking a class learning how to do quilt-as-you-go. I started attaching two pieces together having the seam in the front of the quilt and not in the back where it was suppose to be. I also had the batting in my seam and that too wasn't supposed to be there either. I didn't want to take the seam out and start over so I left it. I continued with the rest of the quilt in the same manner. I was finished my quilt two times faster than if I had done it the other way. At the end of it all I liked the looks how it gave that extra texture. It turned out that everyone else loved it too and are now using my mistake....Nancy

      Whether funny, touching, or mysterious you all have your stories, and we want to hear them. Come on, fess up.... you can't possibly think that you're the only one whose done........

      Send them to us, here and we'll include them in our newsletters.

      Words of Wisdom

      "Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln, 16th US President

      "Never spend your money before you have it." Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President

      Do you love KayeWoodTV.com?
      Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice when we put up a new show!
      Kaye's Blog
      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night!
      List your event

      That's all for this week....

      Have a great week everyone from

      Customer Service