Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Week of 3.3.10

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2010

      On Sale, Clearance, Damaged,Deal of the Day, and New Items

      Kaye's Schedule

      In The Forums

      Our Readers Show and Tell

      Blog Giveaway

      Tips From Our Readers

      Quilting Events in March

      Funny Stories From Our Readers

      Quotes To Ponder?

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird takes to the skies in search of the elusive warm weather of summer. Follow us!

      Are you suffering from Cabin Fever? Well, there's no better cure than starting a new quilt. This week, we're looking at all kinds of different cabin fever cures. Check our our own Kaye Wood TV site for Joan Hawley's Fanfare Log Cabin video. We have a sale on Joan's Fanfare Log Cabin pattern too. Read on....

      Fanfare Log Cabin pattern - 1/2 price when you buy the Lazy Angle Ruler too.

      New On The Site, New Bunny Patterns....

      What's a better cure for cabin fever than Spring? These new Bunny themed quilt patterns will have you hopping right through the rest of the winter and looking forward to the spring.

      Shown left, Once Upon A Bunny Hill and left, Hop Hop Bunny are both new, in our store. Check them out!

      Kaye's Schedule

      Teacher Certification Classes....

        In The Forums....
        • Charity Quilter Dar is looking for Lion King Panels
        • Carolina Lily Basket Pattern
        • The Folks in New Zealand are wondering about our snow
        • Sewlucky has found some flour sacks

        See if you can help, join the discussions, or post your own questions in our forum!

        Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

        Kaye and Joan Hawley, of Lazy Girl Designs conquer Cabin Fever with Joan's Fanfare Log Cabin pattern.

        See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com
        FYI: Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection

        Order the Fanfare Log Cabin Pattern and Lazy Angle Ruler here:

        This is a photo of the Quilt I made my grandson for Christmas. The Sailboats are paper pieced from a pattern I purchased on-line. The fabric block is called Coastal Seagulls, used red on red for inner border and binding. The outer border is Seaport Summer and last but not least the back is done with Coastal Lighthouses. This was a great project to take on a quilting retreat I attended in April. I started quilting three years ago, paper piecing two.

        Blog Giveaway....

        This week we're offering a Giveaway on our Blog. How do you get this book? You'll have to hop over to our blog and find out!

        Tips From Our Readers....

        Have found the most useful clips for hand sewing on binding on your quilt. I use little clips that look like hair brats. They are available in some quilt shops and recently shared them with my quilter friend from Holland who took most of mine along to show her friends. I bought some more and was told this is an item that is really taking off no more pins for sewing on binding A package of 30 is about 5 dollars....Nel

        Many years ago, I would set my hair in pin curls. The clips I used for them I now use to hold my binding in place as I hand sew the back....Jean

        We want your tips....

        Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will find a place in our newsletter! terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

        Quilting Events in March...

        Has your guild or quilting group scheduled a show? Let us know the where's, when's and how's and we'll put you on our Quilting Events Page.

        The Whole List....

        Funny Stories From Our Readers....

        My Grandson, Gaige and I would make potholders for Christmas out of scraps of quilting fabric. He was six at the time. He would sit on my lap and say "GO", and I would work the foot pedal. One time I was ironing and Gaige said that he would sew alone. I said no but he insisted. He sat down at the sewing machine, placed fabric under the foot, lowered the foot and said "GO". He kept saying "GO" and he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go. I told him I had to be there with him or the sewing machine wouldn't work. I didn't want him sewing alone just yet. I still haven't told him about the foot pedal....Joanna

        Whether funny, touching, or mysterious you all have your stories, and we want to hear them. Come on, fess up.... you can't possibly think that you're the only one whose done........

        Send them to us, here and we'll include them in our newsletters.

        To Ponder....

        "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and have missed. I've failed over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

        "The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything-and it works." William Strong

        "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Sir Winston Churchill

        "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail." Confucius

        "Failure doesn't mean you are a failure...it just means you haven't succeeded yet." Robert Schuller

        That's all for this week....

        Have a great week everyone from