Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 2.24.10

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2010

      In This Issue....

      On Sale, Clearance, Damaged,Deal of the Day, and New Items

      Kaye's Schedule

      New Free Pattern!

      In The Forums

      KayeWoodTV.com

      Our Readers Show and Tell

      Tips From Our Readers

      Quilting Events in February and March

      Funny Stories From Our Readers

      Did You Know?

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      Today, "Pitter Patches", our Twitter Bird takes to the skies in search of the elusive warm weather of summer. Follow us!

      Stained Glass is beautiful with light shining behind it, or the sun steaming through. This week's issue is dedicated to the gorgeous colors in stained glass.

      There's still time to register for Kaye's classes this week in Puyallup, WA. Go here for info: www.sewexpo.com

      Stained Glass Quilt Pattern 1/2 price this week with purchase of the View & Do Diamond Shape

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Also....

      New On The Site....

      Apple Leaf Runner/Topper Pattern- Ideal for Beginning Paper Piecers. Pieced leaves swirl down the center of the runners (in 2 sizes), or form a circle in the center of the table topper. Just the right accent to add a bit of nature to you home's decor. Change up the colors of the leaves to reflect your seasons. Runner sizes 16"x 31" and 16"x 45", while the hexagonal table topper is 19" across. Includes instructions, color diagrams, and full-size paper piecing patterns. by Rebecca Ruth Designs.

      Kaye's Schedule

      New Free Pattern....
      Shimmering Star Lone Star Quilt

      from the book,

      Everyone Can Quilt

      Free pattern is here

      Kaye's Schedule...
      Teacher Certification Classes....

      Next week we will have another group of Quilting the Kaye Wood Way Certified Teachers. There are a lot of students just waiting for a teacher in their area. There are still a few openings, due to cancellations, in my class in Puyallup on Wednesday this week. Brother machines are furnished for the class, so all you need to do is bring the fabric and supplies for your chosen project. Just email me, kaye@... to register or to get more information.

      In The Forums....
      • Charity Quilter Dar is looking for Lion King Panels
      • Carolina Lily Basket Pattern
      • The Folks in New Zealand are wondering about our snow
      • Sewlucky has found some flour sacks

      See if you can help, join the discussions, or post your own questions in our forum!

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

      Kaye and Joan Hawley, of Lazy Girl Designs take summer head on with Joan's ultra easy, Summer Tote Pattern.

      See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com
      FYI: Programs are best viewed with a high speed connection

      Order the pattern and the View  Do Diamond Shape here:

      Show and Tell....

      Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)

      More Show and Tell Quilts (to see the quilts enlarged, click here to our Show and Tell Page and click on the images.

      I am the founder of a very small group and we make quilts for the sick, abused, neglected and/or abandoned children in our area.

      We have sent quilts to England and a few U.S. States. We have given to local shelters and the Fire Dept. for burn-out victims. Our hearts desire is to continue to help those that are less blessed. Photos are of some of the quilts we have made. We accept newly made quilts.

      Thank you for allowing us to share our photos with others.

      Here is another use for the fabric softener dryer sheets. They are great for cleaning sticky stuff off the iron. Cool iron of course. That includes fusible residue, and melted plastic bag. If you don't have a dryer sheet, place some liquid fabric softener on a cloth and rub away! Be sure to rinse off the area cleaned as some of these softeners contain oily products that can get on your project.
      ....Joanne

      When sewing binding by hand, I find small hair clips (about 1-1/2) better than the metal clips used in the office. They hold the fabric securely, yet never crimp or make wrinkles, and they slide off without opening. You can purchase 10 or 15 at a very reasonable price......Janice

      We want your tips....

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
      about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
      find a place in our newsletter!
      terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Quilting Events in February and March...

      Has your guild or quilting group scheduled a show? Let us know the where's, when's and how's and we'll put you on our Quilting Events Page.

      The Whole List....

      Funny Stories From Our Readers....

      My cat Domino (MOsey) is my sewing partner. See the sewing machine actually has a better use than just plain sewing....Jyll

      This is about our dog, Mr. Pepper laying on a quilt I made for a friend. He would come into the room I was quilting in and check on me with his wet nose under my arm. I finished the quilt and wanted to take a picture of the quilt. I had just laid it out on the floor, turned to get my camera, and he immediately came over and laid down on the quilt. The quilt had some printed pictures of my friends dogs as they performed in agility and fly ball and other pictures of dogs cut from fabric. I used that picture in the label that I attached to the back side of the quilt. The funny part is he never did that to any other quilt I laid out to take pictures of....Judy

      Whether funny, touching, or mysterious you all have your stories, and we want to hear them. Come on, fess up.... you can't possibly think that you're the only one whose done........

      Send them to us, here and we'll include them in our newsletters.

      Did You Know?
      A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
      Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious.
      Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards.
      Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
      Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan.
      The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
      'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
      No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
      More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.
      A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

      That's all for this week....

      Have a great week everyone from