Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Week of 12.29.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2009

      Happy New Year from cold and snowy Northern Michigan!

      Despite the snow that falls all the time in the winter, there are still lots of deer, turkeys, and winter birds to look at. Cardinals and chickadees compete with the blue jays for the bird seed in the feeders. Partridge run through the woods and squirrels scurry up and down the bare trees. Never have the brown, gray and white of the northern forests looked so pretty. Throw in the emerald green of the evergreens and the scenery is picture perfect.

      This week we have a survey for you, and an awesome poem by Robert Frost.

      We want pictures of your New Year's Resolutions. What? You didn't make any. Well, I'm not believing you. Send us the pictures, stories of your projects, and the patterns you've used ( email them to us here) and we'll put them up on our Show and Tell page.

      New Sale....
      FREE Stars Made Simple Ebook with purchase of the Starmaker 6 Master Template, or the View & Do Hexagon Shapes!

      Also, be sure to check out our HURT items, on the sale page. Deep discounts on scratched and dented, torn and ripped covers, but the patterns and books are intact.

      Hurt Books Are Here

      Kaye's Schedule....
      • Oklahoma City, OK, (short seminar) Jan 13-16, 2010, register here (seminars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a special "It Funny To Be Famous" talk on Sunday.

      Click Here To Print A Coupon

      Teacher Certification Classes....

      Print a coupon for admission, here

      Find out what all the fuss is about!
      Go here to
      Download Our Catalog:
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere!
      Convenient shopping day or night.

      Show And Tell:

      More and more pictures of quilts are being sent in, along with their stories. Is yours listed? Check them out and send a picture of your creations, here

      Please list my quilt for Show and Tell

      Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

      It's not your Momma's potholder!

      Free ebook, Stars Made Simple, with purchase of Starmaker 6 or View & Do Hexagon, here

      See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com

      This is a king size quilt I made for my daughter Trish. She bought the material on a trip to Prince Edward Island and the pattern was made with the Starmaker 5 ,When I saw the Starmaker 5 it was love at first sight. I bordered the half circles with co-ordinating bias tape. She loves it and is painting her bedroom to GO with it. I love the newsletter, the free instructions and all of you, at 78 I am learning new tricks.

      - Shirley
      Show and Tell....

      Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)

      More Show and Tell Quilts

      Attached is a copy of a quilt made by Buffalo Quilting Gals as a service project to benefit CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). The quilt was made this past summer and will be a raffle item this fall. The proceeds will benefit programs designed to help children of domestic violence and/or abuse. CASA volunteers, represent the childÂ’s interest as cases make their way through the court system.

      - Patricia

      Tips From Our Readers....

      When you are doing quilting in the hoop using your embroidery designs be sure to remember to bring your bobbin thread up just like when you are doing free motion quilting to preventing nesting underneath your hoop. It makes for a much nicer look and again no nesting....Virginia

      When putting my blocks together I use binder clips instead of pins. The small size works well. I can also add a scrap of paper to tell the direction for pressing, row number, or other information that I might need when I get a chance to sew later....Carolyn

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
      about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
      find a place in our newsletter!

      Quilting Events in January and February...

      Is your quilting event listed on our site? Send me your info and we'll get you listed...

      Manatee Patchworkers in Bradenton, FL, February 6 & 7, 2010, Bradenton Municipal Auditorium, www.manateepatchworkers.org.

      When you order online, what would you rather get:

      • Coupon for next purchase
      • Free Surprise Gift
      • Free Shipping
      • Free Pattern
      • Free Fabric

      Email your answers to me here

      By Robert Frost

      Whose woods these are I think I know.
      His house is in the village though;
      He will not see me stopping here
      To watch his woods fill up with snow.

      My little horse must think it queer
      To stop without a farmhouse near
      Between the woods and frozen lake
      The darkest evening of the year.

      He gives his harness bells a shake
      To ask if there is some mistake.
      The only other sound's the sweep
      Of easy wind and downy flake.

      The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
      But I have promises to keep,
      And miles to go before I sleep,
      And miles to go before I sleep.

      Have a safe and awesome New Year, everyone. See you next year!

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      That's all for this week....

      Have a great week everyone from