Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Week of 12.2.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009

      I can't believe it is December and Christmas is right around the corner. I'll bet most of you have your Holiday projects finished. Am I right?

      How about sharing your finished or "almost finished" projects with us? Simple email us here and we'll put them up on our Show and Tell page.

      Now I have to admit that my teaching and cruising schedule left me no time to make gifts this year. Cruising was pure vacation with our kids and grandkids. I just love the Caribbean beaches and the color of the water is fantastic. It is one of those things that pictures do not do it justice. You just have to be there and have it in your memory.

      I have a break now from teaching until I go to Oklahoma in mid January. Oklahoma was the first state to pick up my PBS-TV series back in 1989. Were any of you watching back then? That was before we all used the internet for our quilting classes.

      Now we are keeping up with technology. We get to share with you through our weekly newsletter and our complete catalog of fun quilting things is online. Lots of my friends are on my Facebook page. And best of all you are no longer at the mercy of your TV station's schedule, but can watch our quilting videos 24/7 on www.kayewoodTV.com.

      Keep quilting and happy holidays.

      New Sale....Starting Our Christmas Sales

      10 Under 10!

      It might be the price, it might be a special postage sale, but these are all guaranteed to be under 10.00! The sales will be changed every few days, so keep checking back! If you need a Secret Santa gift, or a quick to sew item for the Holidays, be sure to check these out!

      First up... Snowman Row!

      Easy to piece, this quilt is sewn in seven vertical rows with a combination of eleven snowmen, three trees and fourteen pairs of mittens. Each of the fabric colors are used in different combinations for the snowmen hats and vests, as well as the mittens. Pattern also includes directions for a lap quilt and wall hanging, plus easy piecing and applique tips. Use your cottons or flannels for a great look!

      Lap size: 46" x 56", Quilt size: 62" x 80"

      DVD available of project featured on Kaye’s Quilting Friends TV Show K1007.

      Regular price is $8.00, and this week, you can get it with a special shipping price of .99! (1.99 International shipping). Discounts will be taken before you are charged, but will not show up in the shopping cart.

      Also, be sure to check out our HURT items, on the same, sale page. These items may have scratches and dents, tears and rips in the covers, but the patterns and books are intact. These are not all within our 10-under-10 deals, but still have deep discounts.

      Hurt Books Are Here

      New On Our Site....2 New Patterns from Purse-O-Nalities!
      Charming Little from Purse-O-Nalities

      I have to have this pattern!

      Versatility is what it's all about. "Charming Little" can play so many roles - carry it as a clutch, wristlet, or shoulder bag. This petite cutie has so many possibilities. It's perfect for strip-piecing, quilting, machine embroidery, or just plain and casual. There's an ID/credit card holder kept secure under the front closure flap and a convenient and easy-to-apply zipper pocket on back. There's even another pocket(s) inside for more organization. (8.5" W x 5" H x 1.5" D)

      Maggie!

      From Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs.

      Little bags for little things. Two sizes: 4 1/2” x 5”, 3 1/4” x 4”. Made from 10” squares. Great for layer cake cuts! Use for a camera or cell phone case and still carry by its leash. Or add ribbon and a clip to hang from a favorite purse. Stow, tuck, hang, clip either size anywhere you need a little bag.

      Maggie is here!

      Kaye's Schedule....
      • Oklahoma City, OK, (short seminar) Jan 13-16, 2010, register here (seminars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a special "It Funny To Be Famous" talk on Sunday.
      • Denver, CO, (short seminar) Feb 4-6, 2010, register here
      • Puyallup, WA, (short seminar) Feb 25, 2010, register at www.sewexpo.com
      • Loveland, CO, (short seminar), Aug 20-22, register here
      • Chautauqua, NY, (day long seminar) Sept 24-26, 2010, register here
      Teacher Certification Classes....
      Find out what all the fuss is about!
      Go here to
      Download Our Catalog:
      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere!
      Convenient shopping day or night.
      http://www.kayewood.com/category/
      Download_our_Catalog/c76

      In our Forums:

      Granny is looking for a Basket of Tulips pattern. See if you can help her!

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

      It's all gone to the birds in our delightful Cardinal Wallhanging, from Petal Play Designs

      Buy the pattern and sew along with Kaye and Joan Shay, here

      See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com

      Our daughter and son-in-law love Halloween and Christmas.  They like decorating the interior and exterior of their home lavishly for these holidays. I made this king size quilt (one side is Halloween and the other is Christmas), Christmas pillow shams and Halloween pillow cases for them. I use the quilt-as-you-go method....Lorraine

      Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)

      Quilting Events Galore....

      Is your event listed? If not, be sure to email us the info! terrye@...

      View The List!

      Tips From Our Readers....

      When I have quilts that I need to put together, our local Senior Centre allows me to use their board room, where I can push six tables together to layer quilts.  I then pin them together and take them home to quilt.... Cora

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
      about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
      find a place in our newsletter!
      terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Quilting Events in December...

      Is your event here? Send me your info and we'll get you listed...

      Last week we featured 45 lessons to live by, but only listed 44.

      Several of you pointed out that the 45th one was this:

      The brain is the biggest sex organ we have!

      There you have it!

      Holiday Gifts For the Quilters:

      Here are some ideas for you

      • Quilting Calendars
      • Patterns
      • Gadgets such as tape measures, pin cushions, and scissors
      • Gift Cards
      • Quilting Ornaments
      • Tshirts and Sweatshirts

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way