Kaye's Quilting Friends Email Newsletter, Week of 11.10.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2009
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter
      Hi Quilters,

      Have you heard the news? We're going to play on Saturday! We have our annual West Branch, MI seminar going on, at the Forwards Conference Center and there are still a few seats left! If you've come before, you know how much fun we'll have, and if you've never been, well, why not pick up the phone and register? It's a lot of fun, I guarantee it!

      Sign Me Up!

      If you can't view this in your email, please click here to read the entire issue online....

      New Sale....Starmaker Technique DVD only $4.99

      Don't let this be the one that got away! Now is the perfect time to get a set of the trademark tools that Kaye swears by! Buy one Starmaker, two or all three, and you can also get Kaye's 77 minute technique DVD, showing you how to use those Starmakers for an additional$4.99! This DVD has never been so affordable with a huge savings of over $16, marked down just for this sale.

      Are You In The Michigan Area? Are You A Quilter? Are You A Deer Hunting Widow?

      While the guys are away, we're going to play! This Saturday, at the beautiful Forward's Conference Center in the Quality Inn, in beautiful "Up North" West Branch, MI, Kaye will present another seminar. Fun for all but hurry! Seats are limited!

      Call now to reserve your spot: 1-800-248-5293. Or, go here to sign up.

      New On Our Site....Cell Phone Case and Kaye's Newest Pattern:
      Cell Phone Case from Purse-O-Nalities

      I have to have this pattern!

      Ever wonder where your cell phone/Blackberry is when you need it? Well, with this little carrier it will be right at your fingertips. And, you can travel light and hands-free because there's even a separate pocket on back for your ID, credit cards, and a little cash. Adjust the handle length and you can carry it on your belt or your purse, as a wristlet, or even over your shoulder or around your neck. You'll never lose your phone again! (3.5" W x 4.5" H x .75" D)

      Braided Tablerunners!

      Show me Kaye's new pattern!

      Create eight different versions of this easy tablerunner using Topless Triangles cut with the versatile Starmaker 6 Master Template.

      Choose five fabrics ranging from dark to light.

      For an easier tablerunner, with no points to match, try adding a sashing strip between the two rows of triangles.

      Make them for any season, and reason, or just because.

      Kaye's Next Appearance....

      Kaye will be in West Branch, MI, Nov, 14 for her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show. Kaye's own brand of humor shows through in her seminars, don't miss it, be sure to sign up while we still have seats available!

      Sign up for the Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show, here

      Kaye's Schedule....
      • West Branch, MI, (day long seminar) Nov 14, 2009, register here
      • Oklahoma City, OK, (short seminar) Jan 13-16, 2010, register here (seminars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a special "It Funny To Be Famous" talk on Sunday.
      • Denver, CO, (short seminar) Feb 4-6, 2010, register here
      • Puyallup, WA, (short seminar) Feb 25, 2010, register at www.sewexpo.com
      • Loveland, CO, (short seminar), Aug 20-22, register here
      • Chautauqua, NY, (day long seminar) Sept 24-26, 2010, register here
      Teacher Certification Classes....

      Everyone Loves a Treasure Hunt....

      Join the Mystery Quilt Treasure Hunt 2009

      Click on the little guy to your left to start....

      What's with the little guy on the right? Well click on him to find out!

      Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

      Watch and learn as Kaye shows us how to fussy-cut using her View & Do Diamond Shapes, one of the series of 6 different shapes!

      See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com

      Get this fun shape here: http://www.kayewood.com/item/View_Do_Diamond_Shapes/230

      Show and Tell....

      (Right) This is my second one-seam Flying Geese quilt. Love the pattern, it is very easy....Betty

      (Left) My sister Peggy ordered this pattern for me, Rings That Bind from Kaye Wood about a year ago because I thought it looked so simple, but turned out to be a challenge. I've been quilting about 2 years and I love all of Kaye’s books and patterns. My family calls me, Jackie Kaye.. lol.. cause I like to tell them I like quilting the Kaye Wood way, or that isn't the way Kaye says to do it....Jackie

      Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)

      Quilting Events Galore....

      Is your event listed? If not, be sure to email us the info! terrye@...

      View The List!

      Tips From Our Readers....

      To thread a sewing machine needle: Place a piece of white cardboard,(business card will do) in back of needle to find the eye, then moisten BOTH the thread and the needle eye. The thread will just glide through...Maryann

      Power strips can be machine savers on a daily business, but it is most important to totally disconnect your machines when you will be absent from home/studio for more than a couple of days. One severe jolt to your household system can easily result in severe damage and possibly fire, especially during a heightened storm season. This also applies to computers. I find it easiest to simply unplug the power strip leaving all machine cords intact. Even if reaching the wall plug is somewhat of a chore, it is much simpler than detaching all those individual power cords....Deinya

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
      about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
      find a place in our newsletter!
      terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Quilting Events in November and....

      Is your event here? Send me your info and we'll get you listed...

      Quilt, Craft, Sewing Festival, Nov 12-14, 2009, Puyallup, WA, http://www.rustybarn.com/2009-shows.html

      The Pioneer Quilters Guild Quilt Show 2009, Nov 13-14, 2009 at Maidu Community Center, Roseville, CA, wellsajl@.... Guild web site: www.pioneerquiltersguild.org

      9th Annual Quilts and Tea Festival, Davenport, FL, November 13 & 14, 2009, contact: quiltsandtea@... or www.visitcentralflorida.org Things to Do or www.davenportfl.org News and Events

      Quilt, Craft, Sewing Festival, Nov 19-21, 2009, Vancouver, WA, http://www.rustybarn.com/2009-shows.html

      Fun and Games For Your Quilt Guild Meetings....

      http://www.quiltguilds.com/games.htm

      A group of friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, Will returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck.

      "Where's Joe?" the others asked.

      "Joe had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail," Will replied.

      "You left Joe laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.

      "A tough call," he nodded. "But I figured no one is going to steal Joe!"

      Quilting the Kaye Wood Way

      That's all for this week....

      Have a great week everyone from