Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Week of 11.03.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2009
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter

      Hello Quilters

      I hope you are enjoying the fall weather complete with pumpkins, apple cider, hayrides, etc. And best of all, let's celebrate chocolate by covering apples, doughnuts and all sorts of stuff with it.

      Have you ever used some of the luscious chocolate colored fabrics in your quilts? I used it in my Kokopelli quilt from my book, Strip Cut Quilts. It was fun to work with fabric the color of chocolate, but I'd rather be eating it.

      Soon we will be switching to the colors of winter and Christmas. When you visit your quilt shop, take a look at all they have to offer for the holidays. We've inlcuded a Christmas tablerunner in the pattern, Braided Tablerunners. But, of course, almost any pattern can be made for the holidays by selecting holiday fabric.

      Be sure to email us pictures of your Christmas projects. Do you make small gifts, like potholders and tablerunners, or do you give full size quilts? Read on further below for a quick and easy to make cell phone purse, perfect for gift giving, and new in our shop this season!

      Have a great Thanksgiving. I will be celebrating Turkey Day on board a cruise to the western Caribbean with our whole family.

      Keep on quilting.

      Kaye

      New Sale....Starmaker Technique DVD only $4.99

      Like chocolate for the soul... now is the perfect time to get a set of the trademark tools that Kaye swears by! Whether you buy one Starmaker or all three, you can also get Kaye's 77 minute technique DVD, showing you how to use those Starmakers for $4.99! This DVD has never been so affordable with a huge savings of over $16, marked down just for this sale. Read on for more details about these tools.

      Are You In The Michigan Area? Are You A Quilter? Are You A Deer Hunting Widow?

      If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, you've got to join us on Saturday, November 14th, in beautiful West Branch, MI for Kaye's next seminar!

      Beautifully decorated true to our region's historic past, you'll enjoy, in comfort, Kaye's own unique brand of humor, while learning lots of quick tips and techniques to make your piecing faster and easier than you ever thought possible.

      Call now to reserve your spot: 1-800-248-5293. Or, go here to sign up, but hurry, time is running short, and seats are limited!

      New On Our Site....Halloween Moon and Kaye's newest pattern:
      Cell Phone Case from Purse-O-Nalities

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Cellular_Purse_O_Nality/754

      Ever wonder where your cell phone/Blackberry is when you need it? Well, with this little carrier it will be right at your fingertips. And, you can travel light and hands-free because there's even a separate pocket on back for your ID, credit cards, and a little cash. Adjust the handle length and you can carry it on your belt or your purse, as a wristlet, or even over your shoulder or around your neck. You'll never lose your phone again! (3.5" W x 4.5" H x .75" D)

      Braided Tablerunners!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Braided_Tablerunners_Pattern/753

      Create eight different versions of this easy tablerunner using Topless Triangles cut with the versatile Starmaker 6 Master Template.

      Choose five fabrics ranging from dark to light.

      For an easier tablerunner, with no points to match, try adding a sashing strip between the two rows of triangles.

      Make them for any season, and reason, or just because.

      Kaye's Next Appearance....

      Kaye will be in West Branch, MI, Nov, 14 for her Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show. Kaye's own brand of humor shows through in her seminars, don't miss it, be sure to sign up while we still have seats available!

      Sign up for the Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show, here

      Kaye's Schedule....Teacher Certification Classes....
      Everyone Loves a Treasure Hunt....

      Join the Mystery Quilt Treasure Hunt 2009

      Click on the little guy to your left to start....

      What's with the little guy on the right? Well click on him to find out!

      Quilting Shows on your computer - Free - 24/7....

      Everyone Can Quilt. No! Really! Everyone Can Quilt!

      That's Kaye's mantra, and she's got a video outlining some of the projects in this amazing book!

      See the Video, free, here: KayeWoodTV.com

      Get this incredible book here: http://www.kayewood.com/item/Everyone_Can_Quilt_Book/281

      Show and Tell....

      I loved this quilt (Love Letters Quilt Pattern) from the first time I saw it on Kaye’s site.  Couldn’t wait until I got it I had so many ideas.  First I made the one that is similar color of the pattern.  Sent it to school with my daughter who showed it to the other teachers and staff at school.  I got a call and they wanted 5 more right away and 3 more by July.  I love making this quilt  because of the step-by-step instructions.  I have enclosed a photo of the first one I made.  Since then I have done some in burgundy and hunter green and purple and yellow.  Thank you Kaye for a neat pattern....Sharon

      Send me your Show and Tell pictures and stories (50 words or less, please)

      Quilt Guilds Galore....

      Listed by state, check them out. And, if yours isn't listed, be sure to email us the info! terrye@...

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/guilds/

      Tips From Our Readers....

      If you are sewing a plastic covered fabric you can prevent your needle from sticking by rubbing it occasionally in talcum powder....April

      We want your tips!
      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you, that you'd
      like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear
      about them! Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below, and it will
      find a place in our newsletter!
      terrye@...?subject=sharewithus

      Quilting Events in November....

      Is your event here? Send me your info and we'll get you listed...

      Quilt, Craft, Sewing Festival, Nov 5-7, 2009, Pomona, CA, http://www.rustybarn.com/2009-shows.html

      Quilt, Craft, Sewing Festival, Nov 12-14, 2009, Puyallup, WA, http://www.rustybarn.com/2009-shows.html

      The Pioneer Quilters Guild Quilt Show 2009, Nov 13-14, 2009 at Maidu Community Center, Roseville, CA, wellsajl@....  Guild web site: www.pioneerquiltersguild.org

      9th Annual Quilts and Tea Festival, Davenport, FL, November 13 & 14, 2009, contact: quiltsandtea@... or www.visitcentralflorida.org Things to Do or www.davenportfl.org News and Events

      Quilt, Craft, Sewing Festival, Nov 19-21, 2009, Vancouver, WA, http://www.rustybarn.com/2009-shows.html

      Quilts Of Valor Update....

      Just wanted to let all of you know that the students put in over 500 hours on our Quilts of Valor Make a Difference Day.  They completed 30 quilt tops, some backings and many even learned to make the pillowcases we need for presentation.  Now they are off to the long-arm quilting volunteers.  We will have a booth at the Veterans Day event in Los Alamitos, CA and present a few quilts, then take more to West LA for presentation to our war wounded.  We will have another high school sewing event on Jan 23 and Feb 20, so still need donations of blocks for them to assemble into quilt tops.  Thanks for your support.

      What charity events are your guilds doing? Tell us about it here!

      Fun and Games For Your Quilt Guild Meetings....

      http://www.quiltguilds.com/games.htm

      Chocolate....

      Chocolate, chocolate, Everywhere,
      Chocolate fudge, Do I dare?