Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 6.2.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009

      Quilting The Kaye Wood Way

      Hi Quilters

      I had a great time in Grand Rapids last week. We now have 9 more "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Teachers who are ready to set up classes. Most of these teachers are from the Southwest corner of Michigan, but we had two from the Chicago area and one from Gaylord, Michigan.

      We will soon list their names and classes they offer.

      Next week there will be another Teacher Certification class in West Branch, Michigan. Check the website for more information.

      I am really excited to see our list of Certified Teachers grow; most of them will offer classes starting this summer or fall. I would like all of you to be able to take classes on my original techniques so we can make quiltmaking easier and more accurate.

      Keep on quilting.

      On Sale This Week....

      Buy Any Starmaker Template and get the accompanying Starmaker Design Concepts DVD FREE!!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      New On Our Site....Kaye's Baker's Dozen....Randomly Kaye will pick a pattern to feature in our newsletter. These are limited quantities - first come, first served.

      Spring Welcome Basket

      Only 13 available, order yours now!

      A beautiful wall hanging that features embroidery as the focal point. The embroidery comes pre-printed, precolored, and colorfast. Add the embroiderey and make into a wall hanging, Approximate size 20' x 35.

      Check out this new pattern as well as all of our other new additions here:

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      Kaye's In West Branch, MI!.....

      Attention Quilting Teachers
      • Become certified to teach Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
      • Become an independent Kaye Wood Teacher
      • Learn Kaye’s original techniques for easier and more accurate quiltmaking.
      • Teach your students how to eliminate the slow-downs.

      After certification, you set up your own classes.

      Teach the classes in which you are certified anywhere and any time.

      A listing of Certified Teachers will be placed on www.kayewood.com

      Next Class: Tuesday June 9, 2009 Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

      Where: Caroline's Sewing Room...West Branch, Michigan

      Cost: $75 per person

      If you would like more information or to sign up,

      Call 800-248-5293 or email kathleen@...

      I Want To Watch Kaye's Videos....

      To get an email when we put up a new video, click:
      notify me when there's a new show....

      Search Our Site....

      Looking for something in particular? Try the search box at the top right hand of virtually every page. Just enter what you're looking for and see what pops up!

      Kaye's Quilting Friends Discussion List....

      This list, sponsored through YahooGroups is a lively, high volume list. Join the fun!

      Quilting Events This Month.....
      • Edmonton & District Quilters’ Guild, celebrating 30 years, June 13-14, 2009, gymnasium of King’s University College, Edmonton, Alberta, kalogan@...

      • Central Oklahoma Quilter’s Guild, Inc.  Oklahoma State Fairgrounds, June 18-20th, 2009.
      • Vermont Quilt Show, June 19-21. 2009, St. Michael’s College, Colchester, VT, inf@...
      Original Creative Festival, June 25-27, 2009, Sharonville Convention Center, Sharonville, OH, www.pcmexpo.com

      Tips From Our Readers

      I recently ran out of 40wt thread with only a very little bit left to quilt.  My local shops did not have any more matching colors in that weight, but a store clerk gave me an idea of what she did when she was in a pinch one day.  She used regular polyester thread, but had 2 spools threaded as one all along the top and then inserted both threads through the same eye of the needle.  This worked like a charm for me!  You could not tell which stitching was made with a single strand of 40 wt thread and which was made with the 2 strands of polyester!

      My other tip is that I have been needing some templates recently and so I saved my cardboard cereal boxes and cut those out.  They are perfect and I feel good because I am recycling - and saving money – all at the same time! Rita....

      Send us your tips.......

      Our readers show off their quilts....
      I finally finished the wheel chair robe lap quilts. I did about 50 of them. We took them to the nursing home here in town. A lot of them are the quilts from your pattern books..... Betty

      If you have a quilt or wallhanging you've made and would like us to see it, send us a picture, along with a 50 or so word description of what makes your project special! Send to: terrye@...

      Blocks For The Brave Update

      Blocks for the Brave has received a call from the VA hospital asking for more quilts. They have already given out all of the quilts that were delivered last month (40 of them). They had a large number of troops return from war and expect to have a lot more coming home soon.

      They only have about 15 quilts ready to go. Currently there are about 30 out being quilted and have about 45 more that are ready to be quilted. They do have backs for most of them and have batting for some of them. If you know any one that can quilt them for them please let them know and they will get them out ASAP.

      Blocks For The Brave would like to thank all of you that have made it possible to present 179 quilts to our hero's to date. It could not have been possible with out all of you!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/blocksforthebrave/

      On the first day, God created the dog and said:

      'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past.. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.'

      The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?' So God agreed.

      On the second day, God created the monkey and said:

      'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span.'

      The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?' And God agreed..

      On the third day, G od created the cow and said:

      'You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years.'

      The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?' And God agreed again.

      On the fourth day, God created man and said:

      'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjo y your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years.'

      But man said: 'Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?' 'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it.'

      So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

      Life has now been explained to you.

      There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service

      Author, unknown....

      Contact us:

      • Kaye Wood, Inc
      • PO Box 456