Kaye's Quilting Friends - Quilting The Kaye Wood Way Newsletter 4.29.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2009

      April 29, 2009

      Don't miss out on your chance to attend Kaye's seminar in Grand Rapids, MI on May 28th!

      You've seen Kaye strip quilts on her PBS show Kaye's Quilting Friends, now see her strip in person! Making a quilt can be easier than you think using Kaye's original techniques! Whether you are a beginner or more advanced quilter, Kaye has something for everyone. Learn how to eliminate slow downs in your quilting and get plenty of tips and ideas for your next project. Kaye also shares her fun and amusing stories about life on the quilting road. A great time with lunch included, you won't want to miss out! Click the link for more info and/or to sign up.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item.php?item_id=677

      Check This Out!

      Brand new from Green Fairy Quilts, Strippin' Time!

      This wonderful new quilt pattern is the best quilt for all you scrap and strip quilters out there. Judi made this quilt pattern using a single jelly roll for the top and binding. Now here is a perfect fun and easy quilt pattern for your jelly rolls and your 2-1/2 inch strips, you have been keeping in your fabric stash. Click the link for more info.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      What's On Sale?

      For the next two weeks with every shipped order, we'll include a FREE pattern leaflet! No need to do anything, we will include it in your order when it ships out!

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Monthly Sale

      Absolutely the last week to get 15% off your entire order when you use the code spring15.

      That's right, it couldn't be easier and here's how to get your discount.

      1) Pick your products you wish to buy.

      2) When ready to check out, add spring15 to the promotional code box of your shopping cart.

      3) Click the update cart button.

      4) 15% will automatically come off your total purchase!

      *This discount is not valid with any previously placed orders, wholesale or distributor orders, and can not be combined with any other sale or discount. Discount not valid for Kaye Wood Seminar Tickets or Teacher Certification.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      terrye@...

      1) I put little sandpaper dots on my ruler to keep it from slipping while cutting fabric. Marion J.

      2) I prewash my fabric but spritz it with spray starch afterwards to make them easier to cut and sew. Harriet M.

      3) If you are getting a "sideways V" in the center of your fabric when you cut your strips, make sure you straighten it before cutting. Lois B.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips"! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her tricks of the trade online, right now! Just log in and check us out!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      kathleen@...

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Also airing is Joan Hawley's own channel on KayeWoodTV.com featuring her Lazy Girl Designs! Enjoy 9 different Lazy Girl shows on one channel at your convenience. Projects include things such as purses, totes, quilts and much, much more!

      Updates on "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification classes and seminars!

      Kaye Wood One Day Seminar

      May 2, 2009

      10:00am - 3:30pm

      The Timbers, Stanley, WI

      To sign up or for more info please call (715) 644-5563 or

      e-mail djhaas@...

      Kaye Wood Teacher Training

      May 27, 2009

      9:00am - 4:00pm

      Gall's Sewing & Vac Center

      5316 Clyde Park

      Wyoming, MI 49509

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989) 345-3028 or

      e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...

      Kaye Wood One Day Seminar

      May 28, 2009

      10:00am - 3:30pm

      Applause Banquets and Catering

      2728 Birchcrest SE

      Grand Rapids, MI 49506

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989) 345-3028 or

      e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This was for a very special co-worker and friend. She is a real person of prayer and I thank the Lord for her all of the time. I made this quilt for her as a "just because" gift and she was sooo surprised! Latricia

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      terrye@...

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Podcasts are here!

      Did you know that Kaye has started podcasts? If you're not sure what they are, let me explain. Podcasts are 10-20 minute interviews with Kaye or a guest talking about the thing you love best....quilting of course! Just click the link to get to our podcast page, choose which one you'd like to hear and kick back and relax.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/2009/03/podcasts/

      We're expecting!

      Alright everyone, here is the moment you've been waiting for...our newest addition at Kaye Wood Inc.

      We are proud to introduce to you "Pinwheel Squares"! She weighs 3 pounds, 4 ounces and is 86" long. In her debut, she is sporting lavender and purple strips surrounding beautiful floral squares, highlighted by dimensional pinwheels. We'll keep you posted as her personality and fabric tastes develop.

      Now available, here!

      Who named our newest addition?

      Back when we were in Puyallup, we asked the people who stopped by our booth to help us name our "just born" quilt and the response was phenomenal! After careful consideration of all entries we have chosen Pinwheel Squares as the name for our newborn. Here are our top 3 choices of the names submitted. These lucky 3 people will soon be getting a gift in the mail for their creativity! Thanks to all who participated.

      Winner-Melodie S. from MT

      Melodie will be receiving a pattern and a Stars Made Simple Book for her winning name entry.

      1st runner up-Connie F. from WA

      Connie will be receiving a pattern for her suggestion of Squared Off.

      2nd runner up-Janice C. from UT

      Janice will be receiving a pattern for her suggestion of Block Party.

      Words to live by.

      "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

      "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mohandas Gandhi

      "It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." Ursula K. LeGuin

      "There'll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read 'em. But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em." Kevin Welch

      "Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart, give yourself to it." Buddha

      "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." Josh Billings

      "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground." Unknown

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      terrye@...

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      terrye@...

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      to unsub: terrye@...