Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 4.1.09

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009

      April 1, 2009

      Don't miss your chance to see Kaye Wood's Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show in Cincinnati, OH!

      Sign up now!

      Sunday, April 19, 2009

      2:00 - 5:00 PM

      Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Ticket Price: $20.00

      Now is your chance to meet and hang out with your favorite quilting personality, Kaye Wood! Join Kaye as she shows you her tips and techniques that make quilting fun and easy. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or more advanced, Kaye offers something for everyone and promises to keep you in stitches with her funny stories about life on the quilting road! Space is limited so reserve your spot now by clicking here.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Quilting_The_Kaye_Wood_Way_Lecture_Demo_Trunk_Show/672

      Hey everyone! Well, it's here again, the day we have all come to know as April Fool's Day. I'm not really a big fan of this one, even though I do consider myself to have a sense of humor. It has been my experience that most of the pranks performed on April Fool's Day tend to be at the expense of someone else and really not all that funny...especially to the receiver. No one even knows for sure how this day originated, but it has managed to still flourish for a great number of years. Throughout this newsletter I will sprinkle tidbits about pranks I have read about that are amusing. See what you think. Meanwhile, here are some other dates in April you might find useful or amusing, or both.

      April 1-International Tatting Day

      April 2-National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

      April 3-Don't Go To Work Unless It's Fun Day (Why haven't I heard of this one before?)

      April 4-Tell A Lie Day

      April 7-No Housework Day (yippee!) and Caramel Popcorn Day

      April 13-Blame Someone Else Day

      April 17-Blah, Blah, Blah Day and National Cheeseball Day

      April 29-National Shrimp Scampi Day

      April 30-National Honesty Day

      To check out more fun days, just click the link.

      http://www.holidayinsights.com/

      Check This Out!

      Perfect and Painless Half-Square Triangle Units by Debbie's Creative Moments!

      Imagine making dozens of half-square triangle units that are strip-pieced with no lines to draw, no paper to tear, no pressing of individual units, no dog ears to trim, and they are perfect and painless! Besides making the quilts contained in this book, you will learn how to convert your tedious patterns that require many, even hundreds of small half-square triangle units to this speedy and accurate technique. With Debbie's books, you will not only make the projects, but she has designed them in a way for you to have complete understanding of the way to do it. While there are patterns for several projects in every book, the intent of these patterns is to show you how to apply what you have learned. By the time you finish, Debbie will have given you the tools and confidence to make the quilts you want to make, not just how to read a pattern and duplicate a quilt that someone else has designed.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      What's On Sale?

      Buy 1 or both patterns and get 99 cent s/h for orders shipped within the US.

      These two patterns are available through Kaye Wood for just a short while longer, so get them while you can! Plus, for the next two weeks whether you buy one pattern or both, your s/h will be only 99 cents when shipped within the US!

      Your shipping discount will be applied in our office at the time of processing.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Monthly Sale

      15% off your entire order when you use code Spring15.

      That's right, it couldn't be easier and here's how to get your discount.

      1) Pick your products you wish to buy.

      2) When ready to check out, add Spring15 to the promotional code box of your shopping cart.

      3) Click the update cart button.

      4) 15% will automatically come off your total purchase!

      *This discount not valid for wholesale or distributor orders. Discount not valid for Kaye Wood Seminar Tickets or Teacher Certification.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) Jim sent in his tip about using a pencil box to store things. I keep a medium sized one outfitted with all the things I need for classes, tucked in my sewing roll-about. It sure has come in handy. Polly

      2) I use a child's pencil box to hold my hand stitching. It's a great size for everything I need from needles and thread, to scissors and pieces needing to be pieced. It always has hand piecing work in it and I keep it available in the car. Chris

      3) I've read that when you're not sewing you should keep your presser foot down. By doing this you take the pressure off the spring that helps to raise and lower it and it will last longer. Sheila K.

      April Fool's Prank-The Eifel Tower Moves

      The Parisian stunned French citizens in 1986 when it reported that an agreement had been signed to dismantle the Eifel Tower. They stated that the international symbol would be reconstructed in the new Euro Disney theme park going up east of Paris. The space where the Eifel Tower used to stand, would be used to build a 35,000 seat stadium to host the 1992 Olympic Games.

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her tricks of the trade online, right now! Just log in and check us out!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=showrequests

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Also airing is Joan Hawley's own channel on KayeWoodTV.com featuring her Lazy Girl Designs! Enjoy 9 different Lazy Girl shows on one channel at your convenience. Projects include things such as purses, totes, quilts and much, much more.

      Updates on "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification classes.

      This class is
      being taught by one of Kaye's certified teachers, Sherry Root!

      April 3, 2009 from 10 am till 3 pm.

      Learn Kaye's Stacking My Block pattern technique from Sherry here:

      Quilter's Quarters and Bernina Too!

      51 N. Verde Heights Dr.

      Cottonwood, AZ 86326

      (928)634-8161 or e-mail Sherry here:

      www.quiltersquartersaz.com or qquarters@...

      April 18, 2009

      Cincinnati Mills Mall, Cincinnati, OH

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      May 27, 2009

      Gall Sewing Center, Grand Rapids, MI

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This is a quilt I made from my brother's tennis tee shirts. It's so colorful, it came out very nice. Kathleen

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Podcasts are here!

      Did you know that Kaye has started podcasts? If you're not sure what they are, let me explain. Podcasts are 10-20 minute interviews with Kaye or a guest talking about the thing you love best....quilting of course! Just click the link to get to our podcast page, choose which one you'd like to hear and kick back and relax.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/2009/03/podcasts/

      April Fools Prank-LA Highways Close for Repairs.

      In 1987 an LA disc jockey announced that on April 8, the LA highway system would be shut down for a month to get repairs. The station received hundreds of frantic calls in response along with the California Highway Patrol! The station later admitted it was a prank and that it was stunned by the publics reaction to the hoax. The CA Dept. of Transportation reportedly didn't find it amusing either and called to express their opinion to the station.

      We're expecting!

      Expecting what? Well, that's for us to know and you to find out! Each week we'll be giving hints in our letter to help you figure out what is going on, so keep checking.

      This week's hint: It's smaller than a cutting mat.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      terrye@...?subject=subscribe_kayewoodtv

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      terrye@...?subject=events

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      April Fools Prank-Virgin Cola Blue Cans

      In 1996 Virgin Cola announced that in the interest of consumer safety, it had integrated a new technology into their cans. When the cola passed the sell-by date, the liquid would react with the metal in the can, turning the can itself bright blue. Virgin warned that consumers should avoid purchasing all blue cans. The joke was that Pepsi had recently unveiled their newly designed cans that were...bright blue!

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      mailto:terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml