Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Mar. 25. 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2009

      March 25, 2009

      Home Page

      Access to all of our goodies on the Kaye Wood website!

      http://www.kayewood.com

      The robins are back, the robins are back! This is always the deciding factor to me that spring is definitely on the way, when I see a robins hopping around in the front yard. I can't wait for things to start turning green again, for the flowers to start blooming and for the weather to be warm enough to get out the patio furniture! It won't be this week, but hopefully soon. I can hang in there a little bit longer I guess...like I have a choice! Hope things are starting to bloom in your neck of the woods! Have a great week everyone!

      Check This Out!

      The new Noah's Ark pack embroidery disc!

      Delight comes two by two in this fun and frolicking Noah's Ark embroidery disc. These cute characters will uplift any dampened spirits and add a splash of fun to any home embroidery project. Includes 20 professionally digitized designs and easy to follow step by step instructions. For 4" x 4" through XLG hoop sizes.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      Some of the designs from this embroidery disc.

      What's On Sale?

      Last week to buy any View & Do Shape and get the View & Do DVD for 1/2 price!

      Kaye's View & Do tools now come in 6 popular shapes, made of hard plastic that are suitable for use with your rotary cutter. Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch size shapes, for a total of 24 templates! Great for fussy cutting, each template also allows you to view your fabric in different sizes. No guess work and no ripping out stitches, you know how it will look before you cut it. Ideal for many purposes, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and other crafts. Shapes included in the set are a heart, diamond, hexagon, octagon, circle and the returning square shape! Plus, when you buy and 1 of these shapes, you can also get the View & Do DVD for 1/2 price! This 30 minute DVD highlights the techniques that Kaye uses while fussy cutting with her View & Do Shapes. Everything you need to know about using your shapes can be found on this informative DVD.

      All prices will be adjusted in our office at the time of processing. Limit 1 discounted disc per order.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Monthly Sale

      Strip Quilting Books #2 thru #8 for $3 apiece.

      Here is a great special at the lowest price you will find all year.! Running thru the whole month of March, you can get Kaye's own Strip Quilting books, numbered 2 thru 8 for $3 apiece. These are fantastic books, filled with information and patterns you will want to have. They won't be on sale like this for a long time to come, so take advantage of this great special!

      Just click the link for the books on sale and their descriptions.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      It's back....it's back!

      Did you know that Kaye has 6 View & Do Shapes now? Back by popular demand, we now have the View & Do Square available. Like our other great shapes it has 4 pieces that nest inside each other to make squares in 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch sizes and is also made of hard plastic, suitable for rotary cutting. Fussy cutting is a breeze when you have the right shapes, so order yours today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      Kaye Wood's Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show is coming to Cincinnati, OH!

      Sunday, April 19, 2009

      2:00 - 5:00 PM

      Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Ticket Price: $20.00

      Now is your chance to meet and hang out with your favorite quilting personality, Kaye Wood! Join Kaye as she shows you her tips and techniques that make quilting fun and easy. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or more advanced, Kaye offers something for everyone and promises to keep you in stitches with her funny stories about life on the quilting road! Space is limited so reserve your spot now by clicking here.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Quilting_The_Kaye_Wood_Way_Lecture_Demo_Trunk_Show/672

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) Okay, here is a tip courtesy of Gail R., (I have to give her credit or she might do me harm LOL) I don't want to steal her thunder. I think it's pretty good and if you're into recycling, even better. Use the container that your 100 CD's came in for a variety of things.

      Lid-Good for storing your scissors, rotary cutters or short rulers.

      Round Disc-Good for a perfect, round template.

      Spindle-Good for holding a cone of thread.

      Hope that you will use MY tip! Helen S., Waterford, ON, Canada

      2) In regards to using the Pringle canister for crochet hooks. I used them until I noticed that the metal rim nicked my long crochet hooks. If you use them, cover the rim. I have also found that a long prescription bottle works well for this too. Thanks for listening. Janice F.

      3) I use a child's pencil box to hold my sewing necessities. It's always right beside my machine and has everything I need neatly stored away. My plastic pencil box holds my pins, scissors, pencil, fabric marker, seam ripper, assorted small buttons and a vinyl pencil case where I keep two rotary cutters. There's always a small amount of free storage space for anything I might need to store, until I can get it to the correct place in the fabric closet. Jim (Yes, there are many male quilter's in the world...it's something my wife and I enjoy doing together.)

      Podcasts are here!

      Did you know that Kaye has started podcasts? If you're not sure what they are, let me explain. Podcasts are 10-20 minute interviews with Kaye or a guest talking about the thing you love best....quilting of course! Just click the link to get to our podcast page, choose which one you'd like to hear and kick back and relax.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/2009/03/podcasts/

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her tricks of the trade online, right now! Just log in and check us out!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=showrequests

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Also airing is Joan Hawley's own channel on KayeWoodTV.com featuring her Lazy Girl Designs! Enjoy 9 different Lazy Girl shows on one channel at your convenience. Projects include things such as purses, totes, quilts and much, much more.

      Updates on "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification classes.

      This class is
      being taught by one of Kaye's certified teachers, Sherry Root!

      April 3, 2009 from 10 am till 3 pm.

      Learn Kaye's Stacking My Block pattern technique from Sherry here:

      Quilter's Quarters and Bernina Too!

      51 N. Verde Heights Dr.

      Cottonwood, AZ 86326

      (928)634-8161 or e-mail Sherry here:

      www.quiltersquartersaz.com or qquarters@...

      April 18, 2009

      Cincinnati Mills Mall, Cincinnati, OH

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      May 27, 2009

      Gall Sewing Center, Grand Rapids, MI

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This was made by Sadie Quinlan from the charm squares that Caroline's provided for the Kaye Wood event in West Branch, MI. Her Mom Nancy attended the event and the next day they made this purse. I think it's great to see young people sewing and being creative. Sadie is 17 years old. Kathleen

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Things that make you go hmmm?

      • Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage?
      • How can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance?
      • Why do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting, so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place?
      • No one ever says, "It's only a game," when their team is winning.
      • Tell a man there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.
      • A closed mouth gathers no feet.

      We're expecting!

      Expecting what? Well, that's for us to know and you to find out! Each week we'll be giving hints in our letter to help you figure out what is going on, so keep checking.

      This weeks hint: It's bigger than a pack of gum.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      terrye@...?subject=subscribe_kayewoodtv

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      terrye@...?subject=events

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml