Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, Mar 18. 09

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2009
      Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter

      Kaye Wood's Quilting Newsletter

      March 18, 2009

      Home Page

      Access to all of our goodies on the Kaye Wood website!

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Hey everyone! Spring is almost here and I can't tell you how happy I am about that! Especially since the weather has been really very nice here for this time of the year. The sun has been shining and gentle breezes have even had a hint of warmth to them this week. Plus, low and behold the ducks and geese are actually heading north again! A sure sign that spring is on the way! Here is a little poem I thought you'd enjoy. Have a great week everyone!

      March bustles in on windy feet and sweeps my doorstep and my street.

      She washes and cleans with pounding rains, scrubbing the earth of winter stains.

      She shakes the grime from carpet green, till naught but fresh new blades are seen.

      Then house in order, all neat as a pin, she ushers gentle springtime in.

      Author: Susan Reiner

      Check This Out!

      A Dash to the Finish by Debbie's Creative Moments

      One of Debbie's "Classy Patterns", it comes with full color instructions that are extremely easy to read and easy to follow. Dig out your favorite fat quarters in the colors you love to make this beautiful quilt, although it is very suitable for scraps or yardage. Click the link for more info on this beautiful quilt.

      http://www.kayewood.com/new

      What's On Sale?

      Buy any View & Do Shape and get the View & Do DVD for 1/2 price!

      Kaye's View & Do tools now come in 6 popular shapes, made of hard plastic that are suitable for use with your rotary cutter. Each shape has 4 removable pieces which allow you to make 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch size shapes, for a total of 24 templates! Great for fussy cutting, each template also allows you to view your fabric in different sizes. No guess work and no ripping out stitches, you know how it will look before you cut it. Ideal for many purposes, you'll find yourself using your shapes in a multitude of ways from sewing and quilting, to scrap booking and other crafts. Shapes included in the set are a heart, diamond, hexagon, octagon, circle and the returning square shape! Plus, when you buy and 1 of these shapes, you can also get the View & Do DVD for 1/2 price! This 30 minute DVD highlights the techniques that Kaye uses while fussy cutting with her View & Do Shapes. Everything you need to know about using your shapes can be found on this informative DVD.

      All prices will be adjusted in our office at the time of processing. Limit 1 discounted disc per order.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/View_Do_Technique_DVD/562

      Monthly Sale

      Strip Quilting Books #2 thru #8 for $3 apiece.

      Here is a great special at the lowest price you will find all year.! Running thru the whole month of March, you can get Kaye's own Strip Quilting books, numbered 2 thru 8 for $3 apiece. These are fantastic books, filled with information and patterns you will want to have. They won't be on sale like this for a long tine to come, so take advantage of this great special!

      Just click the link for the books on sale and their descriptions.

      http://www.kayewood.com/sale

      It's back....it's back!

      Did you know that Kaye has 6 View & Do Shapes now? Back by popular demand, we now have the View & Do Square available. Like our other great shapes it has 4 pieces that nest inside each other to make squares in 2, 4, 6 and 8 inch sizes and is also made of hard plastic, suitable for rotary cutting. Fussy cutting is a breeze when you have the right shapes, so order yours today!

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/View_Do_Square_Shapes/671

      Kaye Wood's Lecture/Demo/Trunk Show is coming to Cincinnati, OH!

      Sunday, April 19, 2009

      2:00 - 5:00 PM

      Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Ticket Price: $20.00

      Now is your chance to meet and hang out with your favorite quilting personality, Kaye Wood! Join Kaye as she shows you her tips and techniques that make quilting fun and easy. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or more advanced, Kaye offers something for everyone and promises to keep you in stitches with her funny stories about life on the quilting road! Space is limited so reserve your spot now by clicking here.

      http://www.kayewood.com/item/Quilting_The_Kaye_Wood_Way_Lecture_Demo_Trunk_Show/672

      National Quilting Day

      Did you know that March 21st is National Quilting Day? This even was started in 1991 by the National Quilting Association. This year they are devoting the celebration to "the home" and suggest that quilters use their efforts to support those who are "struggling for warmth and comfort". To that end they have created a pattern called "Welcome Home" that you can download from their website.

      http://www.nqaquilts.org/NatQuiltDay.php

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      mailto:joyce@...?subject=sharewithus

      1) When I need to make straight lines for quilting, I just use blue painters tape. It works better for me than a pencil and it doesn't leave the fabric sticky. Francine P.

      2) When your sewing machine is not being used, keep your presser foot in the down position. This will keep the pressure off the spring that helps put it up and down and it will last longer. Gracie H.

      3) When I have to baste my quilt top, batting and back together, I use a circular upholstery needle. It's great at catching all of the layers and makes basting so much easier! Janice F.

      Podcasts are here!

      Did you know that Kaye has started podcasts? If you're not sure what they are, let me explain. Podcasts are 10-20 minute interviews with Kaye or a guest talking about the thing you love best....quilting of course! Just click the link to get to our podcast page, choose which one you'd like to hear and kick back and relax.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/category/podcasts/

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her tricks of the trade online, right now! Just log in and check us out!

      http://www.kayewoodtv.com

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      mailto:kathleen@...?subject=showrequests

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      Also airing is Joan Hawley's own channel on KayeWoodTV.com featuring her Lazy Girl Designs! Enjoy 9 different Lazy Girl shows on one channel at your convenience. Projects include things such as purses, totes, quilts and much, much more.

      Updates on "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification classes.

      March 23, 2009

      Sun City, AZ at the home of Kaye Wood.

      Seats are still available for this newly added class.

      Call Kaye Wood at 623-974-6898 to sign up.

      March 25, 2009

      Sun City, AZ at the home of Kaye Wood.

      This class is currently filled.

      April 18, 2009

      Cincinnati Mills Mall, Cincinnati, OH

      To sign up for this class or for additional info, please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      kathleen@...?subject=teachercertification

      May 1, 2009

      Sew & Sew Quilts & Fabrics

      36360 CO Rd. MM

      Stanley, WI

      (715)644-5563

      This class is being taught by one of Kaye's certified teachers, Sherry Root!

      April 3, 2009 from 10 am till 3 pm.

      Learn Kaye's Stacking My Block pattern technique from Sherry here:

      Quilter's Quarters and Bernina Too!

      51 N. Verde Heights Dr.

      Cottonwood, AZ 86326

      (928)634-8161 or e-mail Sherry here:

      www.quiltersquartersaz.com or qquarters@...

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This is a picture of my Christmas Quilt-Poinsettia. It was originally the pattern for a 1 block wall hanging, but I thought it would make a lovely quilt, and I'm quite proud of it. I put gold satin as the center of the flower. Ida

      If you'd like to check out more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      http://www.kayewood.com/blog/community/show-and-tell/

      terrye@...?subject=show_n_tell/

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Did You Know?

      I had someone write to me recently asking about something I ran long ago called, Color Psychology. I couldn't find the original article I had, but I did find facts relating to this subject, that I hope are pretty close to what I had in the past. Basically it's how people react to different colors that they view. As relating to quilting, you can appreciate how different colors automatically catch your eye, but do you think about how they can make you feel? Here's probably more than you ever wanted to know about the subject!

      Color Psychology

      White-Stands for innocence, chastity and purity, which is why in most western societies, brides wear white down the aisle. It also represents cleanliness. Doctors, nurses and lab techs wear white to imply sterility. White reflects light and helps keep things cool. Great for summer clothing, it creates a cool and refreshing feeling.

      Purple-Is the color for royalties. Represents luxury, wealth and sophistication. Also the color of passion, romance and sensitivity. Some people use purple decor for a posh and artistic look.

      Brown-Is the color of wood and the earth. Is solid and reliable and helps to create a comfy, neutral, open atmosphere. Represents strength, maturity, credibility and solidity. Most likely to be on a man's favorite color list.

      We're expecting!

      Expecting what? Well, that's for us to know and you to find out! Each week we'll be giving hints in our letter to help you figure out what is going on, so keep checking.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      terrye@...?subject=subscribe_kayewoodtv

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night.

      http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      terrye@...?subject=events

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      http://www.kayewood.com

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      cquiltcinc05@...

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      http://www.kayewood.com/forum/

      Finale

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. >From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to:

      terrye@...?subject=unsubhtml