Kaye's Quilting Friends Newsletter, 2.10.09

  • Kaye's Quilting Friends
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2009

      February 10, 2009

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Home Page

      Access to all the goodies on the Kaye Wood website.

      Hey everyone! In case you hadn't noticed by the decor in every store you walk into, Valentine's Day is almost here. In honor of this traditional holiday, here are some quotes to get you in the mood!

      "Love 'em for what they are and forgive 'em for what they ain't." Unknown

      "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

      "To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart." Unknown

      "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...Pursue those." Unknown

      "The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive." O. A. Battista

      "The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love." William Wordsworth

      Check This Out!

      Checkered Flowers by Green Fairy Quilts!

      Beautiful flowers dance across the checkerboard top of this fun to do pattern from Green Fairy Quilts! Instructions are included for strip piecing and simple machine applique techniques, that make your quilt come together easily. Let your imagination go free with fun fabric colors to match any mood or decor! A perfect quilt for teens, little ones or any "flower power" lover you know! Click the link for more info.

      For the next week it's not what's on sale, but what is FREE! When you spend a total of $19.99 before s/h, we will include in your order a FREE gift! Now I can't tell you what your gift will be, but I can give you a hint....(It was written by Kaye Wood!) Hmmm, no need to do anything to get this offer, we will automatically include your gift with your order of $19.99 or more!

      New Monthly Sale

      First come-first serve sale!

      Kaye Wood's Children's Alphabet Embroidery Disc for 50% off!

      We have a limited supply of discs to offer at this fantastic price, so if you're a fan of embroidery, don't hesitate! Kaye and the Stitchitize company have based this disc on Kaye's popular pattern design the ABC Quilt! With over 100 embroidery designs, this great collection includes 3 sizes of each letter and design, (3, 4, and 5 inches) as well as a set of individual designs without lettering. Plus, the printed pattern for the ABC Quilt is included with the disc, as well as pdf instructions. With different formats to suit your sewing machine and easy to follow directions, machine embroidery has never been easier!

      This disc works with the following formats: dst, emb, exp, vip, ofm, pxf, csd, art, hus, pcs, pes, jef, sew, jan & xxx.

      We have some new fabrics for you to see!

      By Robert Kaufman, we have 5 new fabrics for you to oogle! For a closer detailed look of this fabric and ordering info, please click the link.

      Misty Lilac Butterflies***Pansy Butterflies***Misty Morning Floral***Midnight Magic Batik***Misty Blue Butterflies

      Take a look at KayeWoodTV.com!

      Have a quilting obsession? Get your fix here for FREE all day, every day! We now have 63 clips/programs available for your viewing pleasure, absolutely FREE! Also, don't forget to view one of our newest features called, "Kaye Wood Quick Tips"! Join Kaye as she shows you some of her "tricks of the trade" online right now! Just log in and check us out!

      FYI...Programs are best viewed with a high speed internet connection.

      If you have any questions or special requests for programs you would like to see on KayeWoodTV.com, drop an e-mail to Kathleen at the following address.

      Be sure to visit KayeWoodTV.com for new and exciting tips from the Sulky design team. Innovative and always creative, you definitely won't want to miss what they have in store for you this week.

      We want your tips!

      Do you have a special little tip that has worked for you that you'd like to share? We are always open to new things and would love to hear about them. Just e-mail your tip to me at the address below and it will find a place in our newsletter!

      1) I just replaced sheets and shower curtains. They were packaged in heavy plastic bags, that I am now using to keep various applique projects and quilt blocks. They are easily transported to class, stay clean and organized. Several of the bags had a pocket where the label had been. I place my notes on what is contained in the bag in the label pocket. Everything is neat and in its place! Margaret B.

      2) When I can get old blue jeans or anything with a pocket, (usually from garage sales or just worn out pants) I sew the pockets on a piece of coordinating material and hang them in my sewing room. With the different size pockets, I have a place to store each item I sew with. Of course waste not, want not, I use the remainder of the jeans to make a patchwork doggie blanket for the little puppies. It's sturdy and easy to keep clean. Brenda F., Oklahoma

      3) When cutting out a pattern that has lots of different sizes, I use a clothespin to hold them together. Then when I am ready for each size, I can just pull from each group. I don't see that the clothespins make any marks on the fabric, if so, you'll be pressing the blocks. Margaret M., La Pine, OR

      The LoveQuilt™ Connection is coming to Puyallup, WA!

      When you come to enjoy the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, don't forget to pencil in some time for the LoveQuilt!

      All quilts are to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA.

      The LoveQuilt Connection is an event taken to National Quilt and Sewing events, to promote community charity work through quilting. At this event YLI, Igolochkoy, Mt. Mist, P & B Textiles, Clover and Janome have donated supplies to make the 6 Hour Quilts. Our goal is to make 45-60 quilts to be donated to the Crystal Judson Family Justice Center in Tacoma, WA. A tiny bit of your donated time to stitch on a quilt, can be so beneficial to someone who needs a little love, so please try to join us.

      Where-Centennial Tent of the Sewing and Stitchery Expo

      When-February 26-28, 2009

      Time-9:00 am-5:00 pm

      Kaye's Quilting Friends can be seen on select Ohio stations!

      That's right, every Tuesday @ 2:00 pm you can enjoy a different segment of Kaye's 2200 series! Don't miss out on all of the fun and useful information, tune in on Tuesdays!

      WGCT TV 8***WXCB TV 42/Time Warner Ch. 3***WOCB-LP TV 48***WOCB TV 39/Time Warner Ch. 20

      Update on Teacher Certification classes!

      In case you weren't aware, Kaye has been offering Teacher Certification classes in the comfort of her home in Arizona. If you're interested in becoming part of this elite group and for more details about this unique opportunity, click the link below.

      February 11th-FULL

      March 25th-A few openings left.

      A "Quilting The Kaye Wood Way" Teacher Certification class will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio.

      When-Saturday, April 18, 2009

      Where-Cincinnati Mills Mall

      Kaye would love to include you in this group of elite teachers, so together you can share her original techniques to make quilting easier and more enjoyable. To sign up or for additional information please call Kathleen at (989)345-3028 or e-mail her at the following address.

      Show & Tell

      Here is a beautiful quilt from one of our readers. Thanks to all of you that submit and share your quilts and stories.

      This is a special quilt I made for a wonderful girl. I have known this young lady since age 13 and she's been through a lot. She's now 39 and having her third baby and loves this quilt. I thank Stitchesgalore for helping me find animals to put this wonderful quilt together. One of the children is 18 months and she still hangs onto it. It's her first baby quilt and she say's "Nana made". Sheila

      If you'd like to check out even more wonderful quilts and quilted items made by our readers, go to our Show & Tell page.

      You can also mail a non-returnable picture along with your story to the following address.

      Kaye Wood c/o Show & Tell

      Life Before Technology

      Log on-was adding wood to the fire.

      A mouse pad-was where a mouse lived.

      A virus-was the flu.

      Compress-was something you did to garbage.

      A web-was a spiders home.

      Cut-you did with a knife.

      Paste-you did with glue.

      Would you like updates sent to your e-mail when a new show premiers? Join our list and you'll be the first in your crowd to receive a notice.

      Kaye Wood Inc. Catalog

      Our catalog is available online, anytime, anywhere! Convenient shopping day or night. http://www.kayewood.com/category/Download_our_Catalog/c76

      List your event

      If you have an upcoming event or show you'd like to post on our events page, just click the link.

      Our Home Page

      Access to all of the goodies on our Kaye Wood website.

      Talk to Mary Kaeser about the LoveQuilt Connection

      Kaye Wood Forum

      Post questions, check the message board, make a new friend, the forum has it all.

      Well gang, I guess that's all for this week. Let us know if you need anything or if we can help you out in any way. >From all of us at Kaye Wood Inc., keep smiling, keep loving and above all...keep quilting!

      This message was sent to you because you previously indicated that you would like to receive announcements of new events and special promotions. To unsubscribe, click the link and send an e-mail to: